The Side Story of Metal Slug: Allen's Battle Chronicles (episode 1)

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Dash no Chris said:
Yeah, so is SNK finding opportunities to generate revenue for themselves on a platform/medium other than the MVS/AES hardware (like celphones, pachinko & pachislot machines, and console ports). Some of the folks here really need to rein in the bitching a bit every time SNK does something out of the ordinary with their intellectual properties. If there was no money to be made in pachislot or celphone games, SNK wouldn't bother pursuing it. As long as it nets them some extra money to continue funding their efforts to support 2D gaming in a world gone 3D, more power to them.

--Chris

I have no problem with SNKP making money where they can... that doesn't mean I can't bitch cause they are making a cool looking game for a cell phone that would be 10x better on gba or the ds. I don't whine about ports or AW games or even KOFMI, but cell phone games, I will bitch about those.
:chimp:

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Shawn Carr2o said:
Allen quote's,

"Come on boy!"

"Go home to mommy"

"I'll see you in hell"

:kekeke: :kekeke: :kekeke:
:kekeke: :kekeke: :kekeke:

You for got "You're mintz meat"

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Orochi Iori Y said:
I have no problem with SNKP making money where they can... that doesn't mean I can't bitch cause they are making a cool looking game for a cell phone that would be 10x better on gba or the ds. I don't whine about ports or AW games or even KOFMI, but cell phone games, I will bitch about those.
:chimp:
Why would they look better on the GBA and DS why is MF gaming gay?

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
Controls on cellphones suck, I know people who test mobile games, they all have some rsi induced problem, thats why i wont test em. There is a new nokia however that will feature a d-pad style controller which could change that.

Phones are for calls, and consoles are for games IMO, even if I can play quake and duke 3d on my SPV :kekeke:

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
beh3moth said:
Phones are for calls, and consoles are for games IMO, even if I can play quake and duke 3d on my SPV :kekeke:
A dedicated device will always outperform something that attempts to duplicate that device's primary function as a secondary one: a dedicated DVD player will perform DVD playback in a manner superior to the DVD functions of a PS2 or Xbox, a dedicated MP3 player will do its thing better than the music funtions of a PSP, a dedicated digital camera will outperform a celphone-mounted digicam, and a dedicated games console will run games that are superior to anything you could play on a celphone. Even still, I like having the extra functionality of DVDs on PS2/Xbox, .mp3s on PSP, and cameras and games on celphones. Yes, it's likely they'll never match the abilities of the dedicated devices they emulate, but as long as the developers keep pushing to improve them... :)

--Chris

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
looks cool. wish it was on GBA or DS. Or atleast some sort of videogame console of somesort instead of cell phones, (and being Japan-only)

SNK/Playmore really needs to hire some better marketing agents. This company seems to have absolutely no idea how to make any money, or how to make a name for themselves, OR atleast redeam themsleves after making some horrible games/ports w/the SNK label on it. (although NGBC, and SSTenka look kick-ass)