The real SFV thread -- No posers allowed

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Double post incoming, and I need to get this off my chest. FUCK capcom fighting network. Why does it have to be that annoying where you need to log into this stuff to do what the PS4 can easily do without capcom's dick in the chip dip? It wouldn't be a big issue if it didnt log me off when I went to my dash to check messages from friends, but it's such a pain. I keep getting these 40002 errors. Driving me nuts, because it takes forever to get a match, and then it crashes out. Capcom wants to establish its own network for this stuff to our detriment. This isn't helping the experience for me so far. Maybe next patch.

Man i thought this was the no poser allowed thread, you belong to the other thread where they cry about no arcade mode.
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?264591-Let-The-Flood-of-SFV-Complaints-Begin!

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Ouch... y'all should settle that shit in game than post the video for all to see!

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Man i thought this was the no poser allowed thread, you belong to the other thread where they cry about no arcade mode.
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?264591-Let-The-Flood-of-SFV-Complaints-Begin!

Dude, shut the fuck up. What have you proven in any games? I've placed top 5 in various so cal tourneys. I'm sick of your delusional shit, HDR sucks. I'd love to see how you'd do against mike watson or other famous people down here.

Set up 3RD strike, and upload it. I've been more then cool letting you slide on your dickish self view that you're some god in shit. Guess what? Nobody takes HDR seriously anymore, because ST is and always will be 1000% superior to it. This guy is a two faced dick. The only reason he is even here at all is because I stood up for him when asked me for help in PM. Now he's just gonna shit on me in a new game we're all learning. If you have such a itch, let's go. I'm URLWK on PSN, record our matches in 3S. I'll be glad to hand you your ass.

Unless you scare?

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Shots fired, get the lube HDRbro, your ass is going to need it

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I can look like a genius beating randoms online to, and then claim I'm the greatest ever.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Dude, shut the fuck up. What have you proven in any games? I've placed top 5 in various so cal tourneys. I'm sick of your delusional shit, HDR sucks. I'd love to see how you'd do against mike watson or other famous people down here.

Set up 3RD strike, and upload it. I've been more then cool letting you slide on your dickish self view that you're some god in shit. Guess what? Nobody takes HDR seriously anymore, because ST is and always will be 1000% superior to it. This guy is a two faced dick. The only reason he is even here at all is because I stood up for him when asked me for help in PM. Now he's just gonna shit on me in a new game we're all learning. If you have such a itch, let's go. I'm URLWK on PSN, record our matches in 3S. I'll be glad to hand you your ass.

Unless you scare?

Calm down man haha...Your whining is just too much, someone had to say it. All i here is complaints from you, wanting to quit a 3 week old game because you cant grasp on how to play SFV yet. Give it time man, stop acting like a scrub.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
My weekends start on Thursday night now, I was up late playing rankeds last night

If you're on late night tonight I'll check for you. I tend to try and get games on my lunch break as much as I can cause it seems the only time I can get matches pretty quick. Mornings suck for matches.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Calm down man haha...Your whining is just too much, someone had to say it. All i here is complaints from you, wanting to quit a 3 week old game because you cant grasp on how to play SFV yet. Give it time man, stop acting like a scrub.

I got better at it, and I am adapting to it. I feel like I went over board talking shit, so my bad, but be nicer -_-;

Anyways

I play the first round with some experimentation and yes I am new to her, but I love her. Her standing forward is a great tool, she has good hit confirms, she can distance herself with a crouching forward for good benefit to.

Last edited:

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Karin is such a blast. Stand fwd is about the only button she needs, lol.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I use just frame tenko's. Everyone needs to train themselves to do so. It's not hard either. Think of it like a 3S kara with slower timing.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
LWK- glad to see the game is getting better for you. Still haven't gotten my ps4 but I'm looking forward to playing thjs game more. Karin looks pretty good. I plan on Gief'ing around when I get the game. That Gief player in ur vid was pretty bad though lol. He's supposed to be harder to use in this game. He seems pretty fun but has to work a lot harder for his wins

Was hoping to see some grudge match vids though

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Game has EXCELLENT footsies. I initially couldnt stand getting choked out with pressure due to close jumping cross ups, but here's the thing. Shop around. Karin can just qcf k right out of that shit without any real risk. Watched a video saying her close short is +3 on block, making it almost always worth doing close. You might notice me doing this a lot. Why not, I can just hit a low strong right after, if it hits as a counter, I can combo it to low strong, standing strong, just frame tenko etc. The potential is excellent. Same video for Karin mentions you do not even have to walk forward slightly to throw after, you can go right into it. Can you just imagine how frustrating she might be to end up fighting with her incredible standing forward? It doesn't combo to anything, but it doesn't matter, it locks you down if you use it at the right distance. Just frame tenko is unsafe, so hit confirm that. Combine that with her decent damage and incredibly good structured ground game. She's my main. I might mess with Chun to. I'm tired of using characters that have terrifying match ups. This game is about shimmy's, follow wong on this, he's right and worth following on this. He also uses Karin. Expect a lot of Karin I'd think.

We're all making dumb mistakes early in, but I've played a variety of you, and the reason I hold over you is because you guys do unsafe negative normals close, or get antsy with huge risks that I just take advantage of. Mainly low RH with ryu or nash. Following up combos with unsafe stuff we need to stop immediately. I'll be hit confirming tenko more due to this, and the fact you usually do two strongs prior makes it inexcusable to not do. Max distance with that. It's a easy mistake to make, I am not exempt, but I'll be correcting that fast. Nash has such a good low forward. I would just be more patient and wait out situations more. You can break throws pretty comfortably in V, get good with that immediately, as throws are really good due to the lock down now.

Some supers can punish stuff, use Nash's super to punish hado's from almost full screen. When he has that super, try holding onto it instead of doing ex's. It's tough to not want to take advantage of the damage though at times, so i'm undecided if it is worth it, but since it limits a opponents dumb shit or projectile options, it'd be a nice fear factor. I'm gonna work on this to. Also I have a bit habit of stupidly thinking I can ex after one ex nashocide cutter during a v trigger cancel. no...
Alpha counters are your friend with Nash. I hate being forced to waste V trigger, but his v skill gains v trigger as well as his dp move. Keep building upon him and share stuff. I learned from someone else that you

Bakaboy: you're doing to many jabs that lead to nothing as cross ups on me with Ryu. Start doing x 2 standing strong. You can link that to FP, RH. It is a EXCELLENT ryu option. You can link it to FP and I believe v trigger cancel, bRH axe kick, sWK, FP srk super cancel. Get good with that, it is easy and terrifying to do, the damage is incredible. Start following your opportunities and don't do ineffective stuff that doesn't lead to major damage. Ryu hurts a lot, make him hurt. Also more use of mixing in throws helps, because Ryu has great damage potential, you can make people do stupid shit by throwing. Guys, if you set up a mindset with throws, you can back out slightly on wake, wait for a whiffed throw and punish the shit out of others. I'm gonna work on this to, this also punishes wake up dp moves. I'd stop doing that immediately, as you are crush counter bait, and you will pay badly for it against someone mindful.

Complexz, you're the best of the lot I played. I was surprised I held over you, you have good combos with Dhalsim, and when you get going with rush down, you hold good. I think you need to utilize sim's v skill more, let's work on that together since we both use sim. He's a blast to use. Also, study how to beat vega with dhalsim. It seems I can frame trap the hell out of dhalsim with vega, so a good thing to do would be to cancel a normal to a teleport and get the hell away from him, or better to alpha counter and teleport out. His air throw isn't helping anything, as air throws are crazy good in V. I can't imagine this match is that great for sim, but I might be completely wrong.

Let's analyze each other and take it to another level. I wanna see NG.com on the map in this game.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
hit up youtube, 'useful karin things you should know..'

Anyways, I'm gonna make a lobby, someone come kick my shit in. 1258 password always.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Here's the basics of damage for nash.

Ex Nashocide cutter hurts so damn much, I am wondering if floating super and wasting all three ex opportunities is even worth it. I'm at password room 1258. I'm tired today to, slept okay, but feel beat for some dumb reason.

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Good stuff dude, I'll have to watch these vids .
I need to hurry up and find a ps4. Hope to have it by the time alex is out

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I'm done for the night, gonna crash early prolly.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Ggs lwk, those were some interesting karin mirrors and dhalsim is a bitch, lol.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
It's tough at times to adjust your guard vs sim, so don't even allow his teleports. Just jab air when he's far away, you have nothing to risk doing so. I even like jump back attacks. Like Nash's jump back RH for example.. I think if he tiger knee's his teleport super low, you can actually hit him and continue comboing, rather then just knocking him out of the air. If he teleports, you can use strong normal's to get him out for better punishes with timing, but if you just jab air, you can reset his ass right in your face with very minimal risk or worry of timing. Use what I was doing with Dhalsim, if he's gonna do long range normal's, counter poke him, or use reversal moves far away. His normals take a bigger commitment then the bullshit he had in IV. So if your distance is good, you can tag him, and all he really do is use like standing forward to counter you far. Just watch out.

As the game grows and we start adopting punishes and using crush counters right, it'll be interesting. I need to properly learn my Karin v trigger. She's just so good in this. Got to antsy on some things, fucked up some confirms in this session. V is so air to air based. Doesn't it suck at times when you press a button late in the air, and it's getting beat or feels like it comes out to late? I also don't get when I can safely punish cammy after drill spam, so I was overly guarding as I was concerned about how she might punish me for thinking I'm safe to punish her. Her mix ups seem like a real problem though. We'll see.

Dhalsim is beatable, but he's good in this because he has a great many tools to ruin your guard.

Last edited:

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
ggs bleagh...

I gotta run ill be back in an hour or so.

Caprica Orange

Pao Pao cafe VIP,
20 Year Member
I think this game should have been 40$ at release. I do not see 60$ worth of content here at all. The FGC greats will be amazing in it, and make it look like a cake walk with big smiles on their faces, but I don't know if I give a shit to invest the time to be seriously competitive. I have to really love a game, 3rd strike was the only SF I put that time into, and I don't love or have a passion for this game so far that shows me I'd wanna go through the misery investing the time into it. The engine feels clunky as hell to me, and I hate how air to air and anti airs work so far.

This is exactly how I feel about this game. Even down to 3rd Strike..... I haven't touched the game for 4-5 days now and I don't have that "urge" to become competitive or invest any more time in it. I did that in 3rd Strike and maybe even in SF4, but this game just doesn't cut it for me. Price, the "whole" package, the rage quitters..... I played Laura mostly, for the sake of diversity alone......

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
In all honesty I think SFV will keep my attention even after Killer Instinct comes out on PC, but unless they really tweak some stuff or Ibuki is that damn fun, once KOF XIV comes out this game will probably sit for a long while.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I've changed my mind, I love aspects about V. It has a lot of 3S with shimmy's, once I get better with knowing my timing and I'm finally adapting to the engine, I won't have huge problems. I'm becoming hard to jump on freely, and that is half the battle currently.

I played a good chunk today. I'll do more tomorrow. Gonna hit up some stores. I'll be on bloodborne with my gf later.

Last edited: