The original Castlevania: Can you legitimently beat it?

Can you complete it?

• Yes, yes I can!

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Nope. No way.

Votes: 36 46.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
I can. no lives lost actually, but I know a great deal of people who simply can't.

So how about you? Be honest!

Freelancer

Banned
Nope.
I came close back on the original NES, but never could do it. The series has always been too hard and unforgiving for my tastes, which is why I'm not a rabid fanboy of the series.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
No way.

Never beaten a Castllevania

Tbh, only had the patients to beat maybe 10 games ever.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Back in the day (aka teh late 80's) the best I could do was to the Grim Reaper. I could get to him and then he would school me...hardcore.

Maybe if I tried it today, I could beat it with some practice.

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
I almost beaten Castlevania on the Nes but
my friend got greedy & grabbed the controller
and messed me up because I had one more hit
on Dracula and would've beaten the game. :annoyed:
I didn't get hit fighting the first form except the
second form of Dracula. That was back in 1992. :annoyed:

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
Verbatum said:
I can. no lives lost actually, but I know a great deal of people who simply can't.

Pics please.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I have made the march through Castlevania, but its been years since I've done it. Maybe I'll sit down with it this weekend and see if I can still do it.

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
Yes. I have beaten it a few times. Actually, I beat every Castlevania that comes my way.

You say that you beat it without losing lives? That is impressive! :buttrock:

aria

Former Moderator
Very unforgiving game -I've never owned it (rented it several times back in the day).

I never really got into it, everyone I knew loved it. Frankly, I don't know if I could.

Then again, I made my way through the GBA Super Ghouls and Ghosts (twice) so anything is possible -of course the GBA version lets you save the game from the beginning of each stage (still, each "stage" is one hell of a challenge).

Neo-jorge

Geese's Thug
20 Year Member
I used to play the original Castlevania So much my fingers would bleed. I recently bought the Classic GBA version and It's Still as great as it ever was. I can beat this game very easily time and time again.

Thanks

I've finished Castlevania 1,2(both endings),3, IV, Bloodlines, SOTN, AoS. That's about it.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Nope. No way.

...well as since the last time I tried which was March 18th, 2000. I never get further than "Death" and then it's GAME OVER. :( The first one is just balls out hard IMO, of course it doesn't help matters any that Simon has the Ryu Hayabusa affliction of being able to bounce off of something {like a Medusa head} and end up falling into a chasm unknown.

MERCENARY X99

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
May not have been capable of blowing through it without losing a life, but I can still finish the game.

Jedite

Bunker Buster
I'm currently playing the GBA version of the og Castlevania. I've made it up to Death so far, but, I keep getting owned by him. I try again tomorrow and see if I can beat him.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Yep, I've done it. Did it on the NES and on the GBA. No lost lives, though, hell no. I died plenty of times. Death (Grim Reaper) is a tough as boss. If I don't have the crucifix going in, I'm pretty screwed.

I think Ninja Gaiden for the NES is harder, though. That game kicked my ass up an down.

Side Note: Beating tough games is an awesome experience. Its so rewarding. Games like Wind Waker, MGS3, and RE4 are fantastic games, but I never even came close to dying in WW and in the other two, under 10 deaths. When I beat Ninja Gaiden for XBOX, I was just like YES! Maybe the ending was this huge cinematic tour de force, I but I felt awesome. I conquered a game that most people had written off as "impossible." Awesome feeling.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Yarz. I whooped it as a youngster (when I was around 12 or so), and then I beat it again last year to see if I could still do it.

I was stuck for a while with the Grim Reaper, but if you can get the boomerang crosses with either a "II" or a "III" block, then you can beat him without too much trouble. As for Dracula, the Devil, or whatever the hell he is - he's just a bitch. It's a damned tough game, but not nearly as bad as Ghosts 'N Ghoblins for the NES, IMO.

jaydubnb

Windjammers Wonder
Castlevania was one of the first games that I'd beat on the NES. Hard as fuck, but when I finally finished it, it was the greatest gaming moment up until when I ended Super Mario World.

X

Y,
I beat it last week with using 2 continues. One at the last stage and the other against Dracula.

Status
Not open for further replies.