The official Tora Kouhi thanks thread

Hinge

Mr. Big's Thug
Daisuke Jigen:
If I do a tutorial to show you how to compress these slightly, to reduce them from 60-120k MONSTERS, will you please fucking follow it?

1 is not bad.

2 is okay.

3 is getting annoying.

When 8 people in a thread have your tags that range from 60 to over 110 k, it slows my cable down.

PLEASE?
Agreed, Adobe ImageReady is your friend.

Kepp practicing too though, I can really tell you're getting better.

And hey - where was my appreciation thread :(
I might have to ressurect the "Who wants an avatar or signature pic?" thread.

<small>[ May 23, 2003, 02:53 AM: Message edited by: Hinge ]</small>

eight one

Igniz's Servent
Daisuke Jigen:
If I do a tutorial to show you how to compress these slightly, to reduce them from 60-120k MONSTERS, will you please fucking follow it?

1 is not bad.

2 is okay.

3 is getting annoying.

When 8 people in a thread have your tags that range from 60 to over 110 k, it slows my cable down.

PLEASE?
Well, he does have a point.

When it takes a while to load a page on dial-up, then there is a problem...

Something for you to think about, Tora. Otherwise, Great job!

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Yeah, I'm starting to notice a lot of slowdown, and I've got broadband.

This must be kinda inconvenient for people with much slower connections.

Briggs

I'm getting too old for this shit...,
I'm on a T1 at work, but on a slow machine. Most of the sigs do look nice, but grind everything to a halt.

The problem is that with the animated GIFs the only way to optimize them is to drop the color pallet, and that will make them look like ass.

Hate to say it, but static images that can be jpeg compressed are the way to go. I would drop the animated stuff.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
what do these sigs .. do?

apart from telling everyone your name and you use ROMS.

pyrokilla

Vice's grappling partner...naked,
ahh boohoo angry . They look great, keep up the good work Tora.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
yes, that huge, impressive, fire.. thing.. looks ..great..

a spock for effort.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
ONLY 83 FREAKIN K!

Ugh, show some respect for other people, and keep those huge file size bandwidth sucking up tags out of your sigs angry

pyrokilla

Vice's grappling partner...naked,
c.t.h:
ONLY 83 FREAKIN K!

Ugh, show some respect for other people, and keep those huge file size bandwidth sucking up tags out of your sigs angry
0Mg!>!!!.3!

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
shaddup about the stupid lag...if your computer can't handle it, it aint anyone's problem but your's.

Briggs

I'm getting too old for this shit...,
Here's the thing:

If people are complaining, and the sig owners don't do anything about it then sooner or later the Mods are going to police it and then we will have to hear you go off again on how the mods are all unfair etc., etc., etc.

Tora's sigs are cool enough, but you get too much of a good thing and sooner or later somebody loses an eye.

eight one

Igniz's Servent
Briggs:
I'm on a T1 at work, but on a slow machine. Most of the sigs do look nice, but grind everything to a halt.

The problem is that with the animated GIFs the only way to optimize them is to drop the color pallet, and that will make them look like ass.

Hate to say it, but static images that can be jpeg compressed are the way to go. I would drop the animated stuff.
A few frames is ok, but the those that use 12 and more may be a problem for some....

@Tora: Trim some of the dead space on some of these. That helps too.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
your artwork fucking sucks, go play some neo

candycab

Vice's Love Slave
pyrokilla:
kernow:
yes, that huge, impressive, fire.. thing.. looks ..great..

a spock for effort.
meh, its something differnet
the only problem with that statement is, most of them look alot alike , I havent really noticed any loading issues with my DSL yet. Animated sigs are pretty lame as a whole and after a while I just plain ignore them since they seem to be everywhere and the novelty wears off.

But what ever floats your boat I guess ?

On a side note I will be at a friends place later who gets about 2K a sec ,so I will have to see what these threads load like there.

Tora Kouhi

Rugal's Secretary
kernow:
your artwork fucking sucks, go play some neo
when I'm not online or on the computer what else you think I do? I play other systems too. But as for the Neo, I'm actually cutting back until Matrimelee comes out. Idecided to get the home version.

<small>[ May 23, 2003, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: Tora Kouhi ]</small>

Daisuke Jigen

R.I.P.,, Dear Friend,
They can be trimmed without realy fucking them up. It's not like anyone is asking for them to be taken down altogether. annoyed

S

Solipsistic_Carob

Tora Kouhi:
Then after 10 months, my cover was blown by one of the guys named joseph (for that, till this day I still hope you burn in hell motherfucker).
You want him to burn in hell till this day?

Thats kinda wierd.

When I get angry I usually want people to burn in hell for eternity or something.

Just my 7 cents

=SC=

<small>[ May 23, 2003, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: Solipsistic_Carob ]</small>

eight one

Igniz's Servent
Solipsistic_Carob:
Tora Kouhi:
Then after 10 months, my cover was blown by one of the guys named joseph (for that, till this day I still hope you burn in hell motherfucker).
You want him to burn in hell till this day?

Thats kinda wierd.

When I get angry I usually want people to burn in hell for eternity or something.

Just my 7 cents

=SC=
Too bad it doesn't spend. oh_no

eight one

Igniz's Servent
pyrokilla:
c.t.h:
ONLY 83 FREAKIN K!

0Mg!>!!!.3!
Is it me or is yours really 180K?

You've got to be kidding me. oh_no

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Ill be the first to admit I masterbate like a madman. I also make sure that picture of kernow is next to my bed, its the one where it looks like dracula is smoking a r0ach