The Official GP2X Thread

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I hate to outright beg, but I still can't get KOF98 running. I've redownloaded it from another site, and tried having the graphics dumped on the gp2x itself and through windows, and I still get the blue screen. If anyone has a KOF98 ROM that works on their GP2X, could you hook a brotha up?

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
Wow, it makes me feel so good to see the GP32 and the GP2X starting to become well-known on these boards.

The MKII is very similar to the MKI. Notable differences are a much improved stick and a more vibrant/brighter screen (The MKII doesn't have that scanline look like the MKI). Some people commented on worse viewing angles, but it was probably taken out of context and was referring to extreme angles (Basically angles that others would use to watch you play).

BTW, in case nobody here goes to GP32x, SquidgeSNES was updated yesterday with Squidge's new MMU hack. People have said that it's full speed with sound at ~270mhz and that it's full speed with sound with a lot of games without overclocking.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I'll hook you up tomorrow morning..

..but only if you can show me where the newest version of SquidgeSNES is... the one at full speed.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
VanillaThunder said:
I'll hook you up tomorrow morning..

..but only if you can show me where the newest version of SquidgeSNES is... the one at full speed.
:( I haven't done anything with SNES yet

ray_7

Try to do a clean install of it (delete your old folder).

It works on mine.

mungrin

Panko KING,
i like it.I think its really cool.Im not feeling the battery thing though.I hate batteries.

ray_7

Well you could always get the power adapter, that's what I'm doing right now.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I reskinned my firmware from that awful Halo-themed one and the gameboy startup sound. Now I have the Candy skin and a silent startup sound (yaay!).

My brother is good at Zooov, he's beaten my high score twice :(

ray_7

DanAdamKOF said:
I reskinned my firmware from that awful Halo-themed one and the gameboy startup sound. Now I have the Candy skin and a silent startup sound (yaay!).

My brother is good at Zooov, he's beaten my high score twice :(

That Candy skin is definitely the best.

ray_7

Anyone know where to find a PSP-like pouch for the 2X?

I just received the GP2X official case and I don't really like it...

complexs6

Camel Slug
I really wanna get one of these but I hear the MK1 screen is better than the MK2 has anyone played both versions and can they tell alittle about it, I think that would help alot in this official thread.