the offical fansub/new anime thread!

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
hey every1, i was just thinking, there must be more members who watch fansubs and/or the newest anime's (im DEFINETLY not counting stuff that was released RECENTLY in america, they dont count cuz most of them are not new anime at all, cept for stuff like GITS: stand alone complex, which IMO far supasses the crappy movie which did not stick with the story in the manga!)
so, if you have fansubs that you are watchin that you really like, or you are from JPN and have new series that you have been watchin and want to tell about, plz do so in this thread ^__^

i will start, my 3 top series (in no particular order) that im watchin these days (with short summaries):

1: Naruto; episode up to: 62 (most recent ep to come out);
summary: this series is about a pre-teen ninja-in-training (sorta)
name Uzumaki Naruto, who when he was just a baby, had a evil and powerful nine-tailed fox sealed into his body. with his fellow ninja's-in-training (once again: sorta) Sasuke and Sakura ("ALL RIGHT, DAMN IT!!" lol something sakura says on a regular basis in this anime) and ninjitsu teacher Kakashi (who reeks of badassness), Naruto goes through hard training to become what he dreams of: becoming the Hokage (watch the series to know more what im talking about ^__^); why should you watch: REALLY GOOD ACTION SEQUENCES GALORE!

2: SAKIGAKE! Cromartie High!; ep up to: 6; summary: this series is about the weirdest hight school deliquents, including: a bald gorilla, a silent comedian with an extremely large afro, a wrestler/freddy mercury look-alike (who just so happens to be called freddy lol); and of course: MECHAZAWA the robot deliquent;
why you should watch: really fucking funny...in a really weird way

3: GunGrave; ep up to: 9; summary: based directly off the first game (cuz theres a second game coming) so if you played it, you've probably already spoiled the anime for yourself...unless... i could be wrong; why you should watch it: very good story and lots of teh drama to keep your eyes glued to the screen, plus some solid action here and there ('specally in the first ep)

just a little side note, if you guys want, you can post your opinions about the newest manga's in JPN, such as mine:

Tenjo Tenge (scanlation); volume up to: 10; summary: all i can say is its like Rival Schools...only with OH! GREAT's "signature" more than usual cussing, nudity, sex, and gore galore, oh ya...did i mention A LOT of fighting; why you should read it: cuz i know you ppl will love it as much i do...i hope ^__^'...

even if you dont post, thanks for reading what i have to say, its much apprecated! ^__-

- Josh

Wolf

Collectasaurus,
20 Year Member
TRYING to get my hands on Macross Zero episode 1 :-(

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
Wolf said:
TRYING to get my hands on Macross Zero episode 1 :-(

go to gotwoot.net for all three OVA's ^__^ plus you can get all the naruto eps there too

Wolf

Collectasaurus,
20 Year Member
I'll give it a shot and Naruto. I love the old Macross series' (NOT robotech) . The Animeigo Macross boxset is absolutely awesome for a Macross fan. I wish someone would pick up Macross 7 and make a nice box-set

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
Wolf said:
I'll give it a shot and Naruto. I love the old Macross series' (NOT robotech) . The Animeigo Macross boxset is absolutely awesome for a Macross fan. I wish someone would pick up Macross 7 and make a nice box-set

have you seen Macross 7? its REALLY BAD imho, you'd have to be the hardest of the hardcore to sit through all 60+ eps plus the M7DYNAMITE OVAs, the songs are a little catchy, and i mean JUST a little...

edit: dont get me wrong though, I LOVE THE HELL OUTTA MACROSS, ROY FOKKER LIKE A MUTHAFUKKER! lol ^__^

Wolf

Collectasaurus,
20 Year Member
Seen a little of dynamite. I agree that it's only ok.

The only Macross 7 I could find (this was a while ago) was in real-player crap and so I didn't bother watching more than a few episodes.

All of this is making me wonder if I should bother digging those up then.....

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
Wolf said:
Seen a little of dynamite. I agree that it's only ok.

The only Macross 7 I could find (this was a while ago) was in real-player crap and so I didn't bother watching more than a few episodes.

All of this is making me wonder if I should bother digging those up then.....

hell dude, ill do ya a favor and send you all the macross7 eps i have on VHS to ya, if ya want

Wolf

Collectasaurus,
20 Year Member
TemJin3000 said:
hell dude, ill do ya a favor and send you all the macross7 eps i have on VHS to ya, if ya want

Hehe, I actually don't own a VCR. It got so dusty that I threw it away ;)