the obscure fighting game combo thread.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
There is a wealth of shared knoweldge for basic combos in most staple games of the fighting genre (Kof,fatal fury, SF etc.) But it seems that most of the combos in many of the "non compettive" fighting games go under the radar (namely neo geo fighters).

I would like this thread to be a place where one can list high hitting/strange combos for the world heroes series, fighters history dynamite, breakers, kizuna encounter etc.

Breakers - Dao-Long

Jump D (multiple hits) crouch B x4, XX AC XX b.f,b,f B. Aleast 20 hits. You can go fast and squeeze in more b's.

I haven't really visted the site for the past year but I know there were fans of FHD etc who know the engines of alot of these under appreciated games.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Was wondering where this topic disappeared to.

I'll throw in some.

AOF 2

Despite what most say, there are combos in AOF 2.

Ryo/Takuma

Close standing strong punch, f,b,f+A

Robert

Close standing strong punch, f,b,f+B

Takuma

Close standing strong punch, hcb+B

King

Close standing strong kick, d,u+B

John

Close standing strong punch, qcb+A

Samurai Shodown

Jumping AB slash/CD kick, standing AB slash/ducking AB slash/ducking CD kick

Screw the two in one crap. Back in the day, this was the combo to fear in SS!

Haohmaru, Ukyo, Hanzo, Galford, Genjuro, Charlotte, Wan-Fu, Kyoshiro, Seiger, Shizumaru, Sogetsu and Kazuki (Maybe a few others...) had this combo in some form or another. While not as much of a threat as it was in SS 1-2, it's still present in the later titles, albeit much harder to land. Case in point, the jumping attack has to cross up for it to work in SS 3 with Haohmaru and Shizumaru.

Would like to list some Double Dragon combos, but the control set up is pretty ackward for that one.

Last edited:

roninbuddha

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Fighters History Dynamite

Mizuguchi

j.D, close.D, qcf+D x3, b,d,db+C

corner enemy -
qcf+ABCD -> close.D -> qcf+D x3 (dont do all hits) -> b,d,db+ABCD

there is some variations, because if your opponent's weakspot is on the head, youwill be able to make him/her dizzy after all the qcf+D's (4 hits or even earlier), if so.

corner-
qcf+ABCD -> close.D -> qcf+D x4 (Opp should be Dizzy now) -> qcf+ABCD -> close.D -> qcf+D x3 -> b,d,db+ABCD
=Friggin KO

Ryoko

cr.B -> cr.A -> cr.C -> hcb+C

b (charge) f+D -> hcb+C

j.D -> close.D (2hits?) -> b,ub,u,uf,f+C (basically, hcf, but reversed upside down, you should be quick) -> Catch enemy with hcf+C in mid Air

hrmm, stuff from top of my head