The new FireFox is here !

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'm a Chrome user, initially because IE11 was chewing up tons of RAM. Having moved to Win10 I don't mind Edge but I'm so used to Chrome now I've just kept with it. I went from Netscape/IE to IE only up until 11 and only recently jumped ship because of the RAM issue, is Chrome any good? I have no idea with browers... I loved IE!

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
So I've spent some time with the new Firefox now, and I'm kind of surprised by the noticable speed boost on page loads for my old laptop. Nice to be wrong.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
The first thing I've noticed when I started the new Firefox was that my start page, which was a quick dial bookmark page, was gone, so I was already ticked off. I've never liked IE. When Netscape came around, I immediately found it to be superior. After Netscape started losing support, I switched to Opera. It was a time of low bandwidths, and Opera was fast.

Firefox came after that as the next big thing. I switched again, and all was good for years. Chrome was a phenomenon. It was gaining popularity so damn fast. Plus, browser updates were now constant. I didn't switch until Firefox started acting up in a major way. Which was four years back or so. Mozilla screwed up. IE comes with every Windows, Chrome is its own OS and is a part of every Android phone. Firefox is almost like Opera now.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I dunno wtf happened but I'm this goddamned new update has fucked up my internet even more...stuff is loading slowly/never and some websites, like wikitravel, tell me to input a captcha...except there is no captcha.

SUCK MY BALLS CCP YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKERS
Get better internet!

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
glad to see other ppl using firefox. When i mentioned the update on firefox to my friends they all look at me like im stupid.
"its 2017, firefox is old news"
lol

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
But is Chrome safer? I mean, TOR is based on Firefox, probably with a reason.

I think it just comes down to Mozilla being open source before Chrome was. I mean there is SRWare Iron which may be the "almost" equivalent of the TOR browser itself. A main difference is that you cannot block scripts the same in Chrome based browsers at all, which is why NoScript was only available for Mozilla/Firefox (and came with TOR browser) and there was never anything as powerful in Chrome that I am aware of. The other part of the TOR package is not really relating to the browser because you can attach any program to it if you wanted

>_>

<_<

Spoiler:
like Havij

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I'm on Firefox ESR, because it's what my Linux distro uses, It works, fine, even if it's not Quantum.