Line 6 DL-4 - my only pedal
Ernie Ball 9 gauge Hybrid Slinkies

Bass
Highway 1 Jazz Bass with Nitro finish

Ampeg BA-115 (I ripped out the tweeter)

Keys, etc
Story & Clark upright piano
M-Audio Keystation49
MicroKorg XL (very glad I didn't go with the Alesis Ion)
Korg NanoPad
Ocarina
M-Audio Fasttrack

Software
LSDJ
Reason
Live
Logic
Korg DS-10

Stuff I want
Stringray, Marcus Miller 5-string, or Rickenbacker Bass
Mesa Boogie Rectifier combo
Hollowbody PRS
EQ pedal (for my bass)
Boss Phase Shifter
Dunlop Wah pedal

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
cool idea for a thread. Add some pics of your gear if you can!

here's what I got:

Guitars:
fender jaguar '65 reissue

gibson sg

This was originally a faded brown SG that I got for like $450, but I had the pickups replaced w/ the Angus Young set, changed the knobs, added the tailpiece which spruced it up alot!!

taylor 800ce jumbo

ibanez artwood

yamaha pc112 (my first guitar)

Pedals:
EH Big Muff
EH Small Stone
EH Small Clone
Dunlop Wah

(I no longer have the holy grail or memory man)

As far as what I'd like to get, not really sure at the moment Eventually I'd like to get some kind of bass but really have no idea what kind yet.

Last edited:

RATM

Zack de la Neo,
*Guitars
Squier Strat w/ APC single coil pickups
Ephiphone Les Paul Custom
GTX ES-335 Copy
Jackson dk2m w/ APC dual coil pickups
Vox Valvetronix 50 watt amplifier

*Bass
Washburn Lyon
Peavy 50 watt amplifier

*Keyboard
Yamaha e403

*Drums
Yamaha electronic drum controller (the model number escapes me)

*Other
Kustom 100 watt PA system

Someday I would like to get a custom built Jackson Soloist.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
a couple aucoustics, a mexi strat, a squire bass,
and a crap load of keyboards.
thomas 2001 organ.
accordion.
I don't know, alot of stuff.
it's all in storage until I can find a good place to hang my hat.

fmdof

Morden's Lackey
nothing spectacular:

Ibanez grx20 guitar

Cort c2 bass (i believe thats the model)

Line 6 spider 2 2x12

Ampeg b2r bass amp

hartke 4x10 cab

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
Ibanez RG350DX (shark tooth inlay) :buttrock:
Ibanez TR505 bass
Yamaha DTXPress III
shitty Kramer (my first guitar)

Marshall Valvestate 65R
Fender BXR 200

Was in a band 5 years ago and I just cant part with these items

frobenius314

Cham Cham's Banana
Guitar: Fender American Stratocaster

Amp: Yamaha DG-80

Piano: George Steck Upright

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
For quick riff-writing or jamming whenever I get an idea, I have an ESP LTD M-300FM (now fitted with EMGs) and Line 6 Pocket POD in my bedroom:

IMG_0035.jpg

For recording and experimenting downstairs on the PC, I have an Ibanez Prestige RG1527M (soon to be fitted with EMG-707s) and Line 6 X3 Live (which is the most amazing piece of technology ANY guitarist can own):

X3 Live:
photo1.jpg

Ibanez 7 string:
photo3.jpg

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I'm digging the Jag and the 7-string Ibanez. I'd like to get a used Jag sometime and I've been listening to that band Animals as Leaders, which uses 8-string Ibanez guitars. Insane. My guitar teacher got a 7-string for finger-style jazz, but all Guitar Center carries are the metal-looking 7s, so it's kind of hilarious seeing this 70-something Italian jazz player using a Schecter 7-string with abalone bindings all the way around, especially since his other guitar is a 6" thick hollowbody.

Stupid question: Anyone know how to get this 80's tone that starts at 1:02 in this video? I've tried for years and can't get it...

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I'm digging the Jag and the 7-string Ibanez. I'd like to get a used Jag sometime and I've been listening to that band Animals as Leaders, which uses 8-string Ibanez guitars. Insane. My guitar teacher got a 7-string for finger-style jazz, but all Guitar Center carries are the metal-looking 7s, so it's kind of hilarious seeing this 70-something Italian jazz player using a Schecter 7-string with abalone bindings all the way around, especially since his other guitar is a 6" thick hollowbody.

Stupid question: Anyone know how to get this 80's tone that starts at 1:02 in this video? I've tried for years and can't get it...

not really sure if this is an answer to your question, but kinda sounds like the player is using an ebow. Have you ever tried messing around w/ one of those? Not really familiar with them, but maybe that'll bring you closer to that sound.

EDIT: oh and by Jag, are you referring to a fender jaguar?

Last edited:

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Ha, fun thread.
2x Technics sl-1200mk2
Allen&Heath Mixer
+A Grand piano at my grandmothers place, which I play from time to time.

fake

15 Year Member
not really sure if this is an answer to your question, but kinda sounds like the player is using an ebow. Have you ever tried messing around w/ one of those? Not really familiar with them, but maybe that'll bring you closer to that sound.

EDIT: oh and by Jag, are you referring to a fender jaguar?

Oh I don't mean that swelling effect. That's probably the auto volume wah on a DL-4 and a volume knob swell. I just mean that tone - it's typical of mid / late 80s guitar... mostly glam and hair metal, I think. It's super aggressive but not overly distorted. I asked one of the guitar players in Power Glove how they get the tone - pretty much the same as in that Metroid video - and he was pretty vague about it. I'm wondering if it's a Tube Screamer or something. The closest I can get to it is to use the neck pickup and roll back the tone knob all the way to zero, but it's really not the same.

Yup I mean the fender jaguar. I think they're much nicer looking that jazzmasters. I'm not really a fan of Fender's guitars (other than their basses) but I love how the jaguars look and sound. I remember trying a baritone jaguar a few years ago. That was pretty hard to play.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I recently sold the 7 string. I wasn't comfortable with the wide neck. I got this guitar instead, and love it. Everybody I show it to compliments how beautiful the body is. I tried to get a nice picture, but neither of them do the guitar justice. Plus, it sounds phenomenal!

espltd.jpg
espltd2.jpg

fake

15 Year Member
Wow, I'm not a big fan of quilted tops, but that finish makes it look like water. Very nice.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Yup I mean the fender jaguar. I think they're much nicer looking that jazzmasters. I'm not really a fan of Fender's guitars (other than their basses) but I love how the jaguars look and sound. I remember trying a baritone jaguar a few years ago. That was pretty hard to play.

Ahh, nice to see another jaguar fan! They are definitely unique guitars and have a sound completely different than a strat or tele (i've never played a jazzmaster before).

Alot of people do not like the jaguar - and I can certainly understand why. You really can't rock out on it the same as you could with say a Gibson....at least not without making some modifications. The jaguar I have now I bought brand new from musicians friend or music123. I don't like buying online, but unfortunately none of the local music shops had any at the time, including guitar center (this was several years ago). When I got it, it was virtually unplayable. Even exerting the slightest bit of force on the strings would make this terrible buzzing and vibration (in the bridge). It was really bad. I knew about these problems though from some research I had done before and had also ordered one of these buzz stops. Honestly, it worked wonders and completely solved the problem. I mostly play my jag clean, and it sounds so beautiful. It's definitely a unique looking and sounding guitar, but try and get as much time playing them before buying. You are more than welcome to try mine out anytime.

Actually, this is the 2nd Jaguar I've owned. The first one was really unique. It was a geniuine 1960s model (not a reissue). The paint was stripped off to a natural color and it look AMAZING. Unfortunately, the guitar had a lot of other mods done to it as well. the 2 jag pickups were replaced by 3 strat pickups. Not only that, but the cool jag selector setup was also changed to a strat 5 way. It was pretty cool, but unfortunately whoever did the mods did a very very messy job with it. At first I thought it added character to the guitar...but then I realized that it was such a frankenstein job that it bugged me too much (pickguard was hacked mercilessly, holes in the headstock, sloppy job on the selector switch etc etc). Plus, the guitar was essentially a strat in a jags body - and wasn't really a jag anymore. So I sold it.

I don't really miss that guitar, but I did love the finish. I've thought about stripping my current jag, but I looked into it casually and it seems more trouble/money than it's worth. Plus the sunburst finish is really amazing in person.

Last edited:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I got a recorder. I think I can still play Mary Had a Little Lamb on it. I was always too poor to buy my own Tuba when I played. At some point I'm hoping to get some latin percussion instruments and learn them.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Guitar:
Epiphone Coronet
Fender acoustic
Jay Jr. acoustic (generic guitar I won in a raffle)
Mexican Strat w/o pickups and needs a new neck that one day I'll fix up
Fender Quad Reverb amp

Bass:
72' Fender Precision Bass (not a reissue)
60's Guild Starfire hollowbody
Epiphone EB-0
Mesa Boogie Bass 400+ amp

Keys/Audio Interface:
M-Audio Keystudio 49
M-Audio Axiom 25
M-Audio Firewire 410

Software:
Sony Acid Pro 6.0
Reason 4.0

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Got a new Peavey Vypyr 120 halfstack. I was so pleasantly surprised how fucking tight it sounded in the store that I had to walk out with it.

setup-1.jpg

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Im still getting a mesa, and a 5150. I got this thing to have it right now to jam in my band. Im basically keeping it at my drummers house so I'll have something to play and rehearse there. Ill keep the mesa/5150 at my place for recording and bring those to gigs

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Ibanez RG 470 TI, my first guitar sold it cause the neck was too thin for my tastes but fuck it was a nice guitar
DSC00261.jpg

Godin LG EMG my baby, I love this thing to death
DSC00437.jpg

Krank Rev Jr with three very old Telefunkin preamp tubes and 2 JJ tubes power tubes. Had to take the amp out of its enclosure because the power tubes wont fit otherwise
DSC00433.jpg

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I make electronic music, that's why my equipment may seem a bit one-sided for you guitar heroes... :D

Synths/soundboxes/drumboxes:

- Roland MC 202

- Roland TR 606

- Roland TR 727

- Novation BassStation

- Quasimidi Technox

- Ensoniq Mirage

- Akai S01 (my good ol' poor man's sampler)

Mixer:

- Mackie 1604

Pre-production and effects:

- Behringer denoiser SNR 2000

- Behringer Ultrafex (psycho acoustic processor)

- dbx 166a compressor

- DigiTech TSR-12 effects processor

Sequencer:

- Roland MC 50 MKII (the friggin' best sequencer ever made, at least for someone like me who does not like software sequencing)

Recording:

- Akai SlimDAT

PA:

Tannoy studio line (close-range monitors)

Last edited:

Vicarious

n00b
Guitars:
-Fender Strat ( yeah, everyone's starting guitar lol)
-Epiphone LP special 2
- Schecter Hellraiser '10
- Gibson Black Beauty
- Ibanez RG4570ZHBK Prestige

Amps:
-Squire 10watt thing that came with Strat
-Marshall MG50fx
-Ibanez N120 Guitar Amp Head & TN412A Speaker Cabinet

Effects & Others:
- VOX Valvetronix Tonelab LE Multi Effects Pedal
-JH-1 Wah-Wah
-Line 6 PODX3 Desktop Effects Processor

Synths and etc:
-Roland SH-01 Gaia Analog Modelling Synth
-Akai APC 40 Ableton Control Surface
-Vestax VCI-300

Headphones/Speakers:
-Audio Technica ATH-AD900's ( greatest headphones on earth.)
-ProAC Studio 110

Vicarious

n00b
Great choice, it's on my wishlist for quite a while. :)

Can't go wrong with Roland, I love them.

yeah man, fantastic lil thing, its what got me into making electronica, i own a music store in my Cities Main shopping St, and they were selling like Hot-cakes, so i thought i'd see what the hype was about