The Murder of a poor NGPC in a commerical...

Heihachi-San

Teh Banned! (x2)
Today I saw a horrible commerical for Enegizer Batteries.
These four guys are on a road trip, one is playing a game, one is using his walkman, and the other is sleeping.
While the guy is talking about "Delaware", the guy in the passenger seat is playing a NGPC, that has been dipped in grey ugly paint completely and slapped a black screen on, portraying a cheap "rock'em sock'em robot" game. I dead knew it was a NGPC, because of it's shape and the control layout

Honestly who killed that poor NGPC? Really makes me upset when some hollywood props are abusing an SNK brand item! Sure it's just one, but good lord that makes my SNK lovin heart break, someone could have kept that and take care of it! These are just not simple toys anymore, they are rare hollywood and shame on you for ruining a perfectly good NGPC:(

I know it sounds like spam to you guys, but Im serious here. That really ticked me off

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
NGPC's are really far from rare.

Rare would be something that doesn't turn up over 300 hits on eBay when looking for one.

Heihachi-San

Teh Banned! (x2)
Decepticon said:
NGPC's are really far from rare.

Rare would be something that doesn't turn up over 300 hits on eBay when looking for one.

True, but in the public eye many still ask "What is that you're playing?" or sadly mistake it for a GameBoy

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
And thats when you convince them to buy one.

When I got my home system I convinced 3 of my employees to get one after bringing my Samurai Shodown carts up there one day and it sparked memories.

Then they got to my house and played Metal Slug and were all talking about how much fun they used to have playing that at various places.

mog

Bead Banger
Heihachi-San said:
True, but in the public eye many still ask "What is that you're playing?" or sadly mistake it for a GameBoy

Oh my god! This commercial killed the Neo Geo!

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Maybe it was to make a subtle point. The NGPC doing something it rarely ever does. Run out of Power. Maybe it was saying that the guy talked for 2 days straight, and the other guy was playing the whole time. :)

redrum666

Mai's Apprentice
As neo geo loving people and NEC loving people we should not use Enegizer Batteries or watch any Will Smith movies

Heihachi-San

Teh Banned! (x2)
redrum666 said:
As neo geo loving people and NEC loving people we should not use Enegizer Batteries or watch any Will Smith movies

I second this motion :D Down with the Tyrants!

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
They did the same thing in a previous comercial with the GBA. Same game too

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
I got a car adaptor for my Nomad. No batteries in use there. Well, unless the alternator and the car battery goes up. :)

Freakit

Host for Orochi
speaking of murder, checkout this link:
[don't worry, it's nothing 'gross']

Linky~dink!

incase you guys are curious, 'Pocketgame' is an actual record label. they do techno/electro and only release on vinyl.
i buy all their stuff. :buttrock:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Jim is hot said:
looks like everyone will just have to play NOMADs

Hey some of us don't have $200 dollars to spend on batteries

BILLY

Mr. Big's Thug
Let's have a moment of silence for the poor defenseless NGP.

YOU BASTARDS! WWHHYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Just kidding. Think about it. There are movies where people wreck cadillacs and blow up boats worth tons of $$ all the time. What's wrong with using a handheld for a prop? Just buy a few dozen more on ebay any time.