The King of Fighters '97 heading to ios and adroid

valgalder

Kula's Candy
no way I would play this unless I had the iCade.. does anybody know if these new Neo Geo releases on iOS support it?

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
I never really liked any ported game on a mobile device. I had Metal Slug on my first phone, and was disappointed in it. The controls were awkward, and was a complete pain in the ass overall. Anymore, any mobile port is considered avoidable to me.
Cave's shmup ports are decent, because you can use a touch cursor to zoom around the screen with a flick of the finger. It's not at all faithful to the arcade and console versions, but unlike a virtual d-pad, it actually works.

The Neo isn't getting another fighter. There aren't any homebrew developers that are up to the task, and SNKP resuming support of it would just be throwing money down the drain. If you want more fighters in the Neo style, I recommend Dark Awake, Chaos Code, and the UM versions of KOF 98/2002.

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
Cave's shmup ports are decent, because you can use a touch cursor to zoom around the screen with a flick of the finger. It's not at all faithful to the arcade and console versions, but unlike a virtual d-pad, it actually works.

The Neo isn't getting another fighter. There aren't any homebrew developers that are up to the task, and SNKP resuming support of it would just be throwing money down the drain. If you want more fighters in the Neo style, I recommend Dark Awake, Chaos Code, and the UM versions of KOF 98/2002.

This was on a Motorolla flip phone in the 2000's. Idk what the phone model was, but the more I remember from it, it was OK at most. Something that used the numerical keypad and the cursor selector was very awkward on that phone, but I was glad that I didn't write off the franchise completely. It's the fact that it was the only good game I had on the phone, and I'd rather play it on a console.