The King of Fighters '94 to be included with Rebout.

biocat

Kula's Candy
I have my copy. I won't be able to play it much until I return from Kyushu on the 5th, though. :(

I can't wait to tear into some online play with it. Actually, I can't wait until they re-release Last Blade 1 & 2 and I can do the same with that!

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
Shipped...

buster_broon said:
my copy has just been shipped today with play-asia

Jason

Hopefully mine has been shipped too...
All I have to do now is find some way of making it run on my USA PStwo mini playstation.....any ideas ??

SHO

Raiden's Valet
yea i been interested getting those games

but i have a standard PAL UK PS2

is there any convertors available?

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
thegreathopper said:
Hopefully mine has been shipped too...
All I have to do now is find some way of making it run on my USA PStwo mini playstation.....any ideas ??

If you got your PStwo at *launch* (as in from the firs initial shipment), there is a very easy way to run imports on your system. :) All you need is a swap magic converter disc and a few pieces of tape.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
nazi muerto abono pa mi huerto said:
here's an interesting review about kof'94 rebout

you can choose old 94 backgrounds ^^

:buttrock:

Of course you can, did you not expect to be able to? :) It's been in an option for the KOF PS2 games since 2001 when they first started adding in new/redone backgrounds.

I got my copy today; went for the LE with the Neo CD controller since it was only $20 more. The packaging is similar to the Japanese KOF Maximum Impact; you get the game and mini-mook in a DVD-style slip case. The controller comes in its own box.

Rebout really IS just KOF '94 with redone visuals; you also get Saishyu added from '95 and Rugal playable, and there's now a team edit mode. But the game play is all '94, and IMO it's going to get old pretty quickly. The whole package has some nice extras though, including a new animated intro, two movies on the Orochi and NESTS storylines, the original Neo-Geo version of KOF '94 playable, color edit, and online play, although I doubt that will work for anyone outside of Japan.

and the Neo CD controller is well-made....definitely has the same feel as the original despite the new buttons.

Oh, and the high-res sprites look REALLY good. Pictures don't do them justice. It's just too bad that being the same sprites from 1994, they animate like crap. :P We've seen 3D backgrounds in KOF before, but Rebout'smay very well be the best yet; they look very sharp and are filled with cameos from other KOF characters (which seem a bit out of place since this is supposed to be *1994*)

Since there's nothing really new about the game play, I'll just skip impressions and post a review with pics soon. :)

Last edited:

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
pstwo

Hi Lyte Edge please tell me more .....
where would I get a swap magic from ??
where do I put the tape ??
Thanks.....

Lyte Edge said:
If you got your PStwo at *launch* (as in from the firs initial shipment), there is a very easy way to run imports on your system. :) All you need is a swap magic converter disc and a few pieces of tape.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
I just got this game in the mail a couple hours ago. Works good with my fliptop and swap magic disc. Everything in the game is as Lyte Edge described. The arranged music is in there as well. All of the new stages are filled with nothing but cameos of SNK characters. Kinda gets lame after a while seeing the same characters on mostly all the stages.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
I posted a few brief impressions of the game here if anyone is interested. It was written quickly so maybe there are a few mistakes/omissions, but a proper review will be on the site as soon as I can get it done :)

Kaz

Athlon64

Galford's Armourer
Lyte Edge said:
Of course you can, did you not expect to be able to? :) It's been in an option for the KOF PS2 games since 2001 when they first started adding in new/redone backgrounds.

I got my copy today; went for the LE with the Neo CD controller since it was only $20 more. The packaging is similar to the Japanese KOF Maximum Impact; you get the game and mini-mook in a DVD-style slip case. The controller comes in its own box.

Rebout really IS just KOF '94 with redone visuals; you also get Saishyu added from '95 and Rugal playable, and there's now a team edit mode. But the game play is all '94, and IMO it's going to get old pretty quickly. The whole package has some nice extras though, including a new animated intro, two movies on the Orochi and NESTS storylines, the original Neo-Geo version of KOF '94 playable, color edit, and online play, although I doubt that will work for anyone outside of Japan.

and the Neo CD controller is well-made....definitely has the same feel as the original despite the new buttons.

Oh, and the high-res sprites look REALLY good. Pictures don't do them justice. It's just too bad that being the same sprites from 1994, they animate like crap. :P We've seen 3D backgrounds in KOF before, but Rebout'smay very well be the best yet; they look very sharp and are filled with cameos from other KOF characters (which seem a bit out of place since this is supposed to be *1994*)

Since there's nothing really new about the game play, I'll just skip impressions and post a review with pics soon. :)

True true this port really does a great job, EVEN better when component video is used.

daybona

Juz,
KOF 94=4096 simultaneous colors.

This game is a prime example of SNK's golden age. Rebout is cool, but the fact that they added 94 is the real prize.

It may have taken ten years, but 94 finally has been ported.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
I'm glad there's a color edit option (this feature should be in EVERY fighting game); spent some time at work today going through and tweaking some of the default color settings (they are using the original Neo color schems and you can very easily make the colors brighter/darker and just overall richer-looking in appearance). I'm glad I can get rid of the horrible alternate color schemes and replace them with much better colors, too. No more off-yellow Andy, purple Terry, puke yellow Heidern, etc. :)

It looks like you can possible unlock two extra color scheme settings for the characters as well. (?)