The Joys of selling on ebay... then realising...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
...you just sold an item to a forum member:D

Man... only good thing is my uber secret ebay ID is so secret... even you guys are fooled:p

xROTx

PS. Man... I hope this doesn't turn into a KPJ vs Res0 shitfest....:keke:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Why not sell here?

It's Jan's account... she sells stuff because I mainly am a hoarder... and can't imagine selling it:D

...She does NOT ship internationally...

Jan keeps the money and gives me some spends when i ask for it...

xROTx

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It's Jan's account... she sells stuff because I mainly am a hoarder... and can't imagine selling it:D

...She does NOT ship internationally...

Jan keeps the money and gives me some spends when i ask for it...

xROTx

Duuuude... she sells your stuff and gives you a pittance? Sucks man.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Duuuude... she sells your stuff and gives you a pittance? Sucks man.

She's saving up for a holiday in Nice, France... i would never save up as fast as she can...

...Jan lives her life thinking only the best of things... err... the Holiday is her idea for when i get better:D

xROTx

PS. She told me it's only stuff... sell it... enjoy it while you can etc etc:D...

EDIT: Can't take it with you.. ;)

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I won the auction.... but Rot agreed to ship it flat in a box, so it's all good.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
back in the day, i bought a naomi 'capcom vs snk' on ebay from japhei(carolscollectibles) --- this was before I knew who he was. some time later, i ended up re-selling it on ebay(and guess who bought it back).

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
I bought shrooms NGDev game off ebay... took him a few days to find me here after leaving him special feedback

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Here's a fun one. Around 2 1/2 weeks ago I sold a package of Amiibo on ebay. Some dumbass buys it, never pays. Never responds to 2 invoices, ebay process goes, I get money back. I re-post yesterday (they're doing 5 days of free listings now) and it was gone in under 18 hours and for a little more money too (dude ebay mailed me a $75 shipped offer that cost me $6 to ship vs the moron getting it for $60.)

Now what was odd is that I got curious, looked up the street address checking the pay for postage screen and checked it on google. It's a legit business, problem is, the business is being used by a ring of thieves somehow using the address but then deflecting the mail to another drop location so they can steal goods and claim they never got them. For some reason they never paid on my stuff which was good. Seems they like faster moving more expensive stuff and will fight hard to steal stuff too, not all passive aggressive like. People suck and ebay attracts all kind of leaches.

Here's the yelp profile I got all the hate comments from about shady business as it started here: https://www.yelp.com/biz/aeropost-miami

Edit this is what really tipped me off, because it was odd to me too I saw this exact behavior on the mailing address as well so I know it was the same scam circle:

"If you run any kind of small online business or sell on Amazon, eBay, Etsy, etc....be aware of Aeropost orders - it will say on your payment information. They don't use their own name to ship, so it looks like it's going to an individual, but you can tell by the order numbers attached to the address which look like this: LIM - 37023"

Last edited:

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Here's a fun one. Around 2 1/2 weeks ago I sold a package of Amiibo on ebay. Some dumbass buys it, never pays. Never responds to 2 invoices, ebay process goes, I get money back. I re-post yesterday (they're doing 5 days of free listings now) and it was gone in under 18 hours and for a little more money too (dude ebay mailed me a $75 shipped offer that cost me $6 to ship vs the moron getting it for $60.)

Now what was odd is that I got curious, looked up the street address checking the pay for postage screen and checked it on google. It's a legit business, problem is, the business is being used by a ring of thieves somehow using the address but then deflecting the mail to another drop location so they can steal goods and claim they never got them. For some reason they never paid on my stuff which was good. Seems they like faster moving more expensive stuff and will fight hard to steal stuff too, not all passive aggressive like. People suck and ebay attracts all kind of leaches.

Here's the yelp profile I got all the hate comments from about shady business as it started here: https://www.yelp.com/biz/aeropost-miami

Edit this is what really tipped me off, because it was odd to me too I saw this exact behavior on the mailing address as well so I know it was the same scam circle:

"If you run any kind of small online business or sell on Amazon, eBay, Etsy, etc....be aware of Aeropost orders - it will say on your payment information. They don't use their own name to ship, so it looks like it's going to an individual, but you can tell by the order numbers attached to the address which look like this: LIM - 37023"

I've shipped stuff to this place before without issues, so YMMV. Basically it's people trying to have a US proxy and avoid the shitty ebay global selling program. But having the risk alone makes it a good reason to be wary I suppose.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
New plan... don't sell to Liquid Snake on eBay either..

xROTx

PS. It seems that Jung Balls has been told teh "Not to you..." by one of our resident nutcases on eBay:D

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I was talking to a book seller who uses pricing software.

He had some glitch where a bunch of stuff ended up on Ebay that he didn't own. He didn't realize it until some 100 items were sold. Ebay shut him out for 4 years.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Selling anything good? I've got a super secret uk address for folks who won't ship internationally.