The GamePro Enigma - March 2003 puzzle

Dan Elektro

Morden's Lackey
20 Year Member
Commence free plug...

One of the reasons I have not been on here lately is that I've been working on a special project at work. The GamePro Enigma is a multi-layered puzzle that is hidden around the March 2003 issue (which should hit subscribers next week). Find the clues, figure them out, put it all together, and send in your answer by the end of March; the winner gets a custom-made GamePro leather jacket worth somewhere in the vicinity of $500.

I'm a big puzzle nerd and I wanted to try something different, so they let me.

If you want a little more detail before the press release goes out on Monday, check out Andy Eddy's BizBuzz column for Jan 27:

<a href="http://www.gamespy.com/bizbuzz" target="_blank">www.gamespy.com/bizbuzz</a>

Hope some of you find it interesting enough to try out. It's tricky but solvable...you just have to be observant and inquisitive. :)

aria

Former Moderator
Cool concept, I hope it gets a good response.

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
That's cool someone is trying something different, hopefully it will catch on. Maybe you can talk your peers into not reviewing any more GTA games or GTA clones. If you could pull that off, Gamepro would be the best game mag ever.

P.S you could also make fun of the people who bought DOAX in it's review. :) Just some thoughts Dan. buttrock loco

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Sounds cool, I'll have to pick up a copy and give it a try.

Dan Elektro

Morden's Lackey
20 Year Member
Giga Power:
Maybe you can talk your peers into not reviewing any more GTA games or GTA clones. If you could pull that off, Gamepro would be the best game mag ever.
Hey, if it comes out and it's of interest to a large swath of the game populace, GamePro's going to cover it. We are, after all, a mass-market mag...

Seems like a lot of subscribers got their issues this week and response to the Enigma went from "this sounds stupid and I will make fun of it even though I have no idea what you're talking about" to "did you find this clue, what do you think it means, I'm going to work on this all night" in short order. That's really gratifying. I spent four months building the thing. :)

SN K'

Armored Scrum Object
I've kinda been workin' on it. I haven't really spent much time on it because I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for :p

Dan Elektro

Morden's Lackey
20 Year Member
Heh heh heh.

I don't want to give out any hints, but I've heard that from a lot of people. I do think you'll know it when you find it. Some folks have apparently solved it and they said once the light went on, WHAM, everything made sense. Which was kinda how the puzzle was constructed. :)

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I will buy a copy just to support
your good work.