The extra book which comes with KOF98 AES

klee123

Zero's Secretary
I recently got this and I noticed with the extra book that there's a lot of notes which are written in Japanese.

At first, I thought these were real notes written by the previous owner, but flipping through the pages, I noticed some of the notes had art drawn in a cutesy manner and is actually really well done, so I presume this was actually a part of the print?

Anyone else who has KOF98 on AES can confirm this?

Last edited:

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Yes this is normal, I remember thinking the same thing.

klee123

Zero's Secretary
Good to hear!

It's just kinda unexpected, since all the "hand written" stuff are the moves of the EX versions of characters.

Still, looks really nifty.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
some aes games came with such goodies. i have a kof99 that came with a awesome k' phone card.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Sounds interesting, anyone have a link or some pics to post of it? I'm primarily a MVS guy but I have a couple AES carts. May have to get this some day.

klee123

Zero's Secretary
some aes games came with such goodies. i have a kof99 that came with a awesome k' phone card.

Yeah, kinda unexpected from SNK. Usually whilst the game costs are high, they tend to be quite light on extras.

Sounds interesting, anyone have a link or some pics to post of it? I'm primarily a MVS guy but I have a couple AES carts. May have to get this some day.

I'll take some photos later today.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The Slugfest was a big release for SNK, so it's easily comprehensible that they add an extra to this game, which is the same booklet for japanese as well as the english AES versions. Other special inserts came with Kabuki Klash (pre-order) & Super Baseball 2020, both jpn. only.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I recently got this and I noticed with the extra book that there's a lot of notes which are written in Japanese.

At first, I thought these were real notes written by the previous owner, but flipping through the pages, I noticed some of the notes had art drawn in a cutesy manner and is actually really well done, so I presume this was actually a part of the print?

Anyone else who has KOF98 on AES can confirm this?

Actually the book is meant to be written from Shingo's view.