The Delicious Big Hunk of Shit Console & Greasy Food Thread

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
When you travel to Europe, is it by steamship, or autogyro?

A few cans of tuna is all it takes.
1526679552_b0f31dade2.jpg

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
Slightly more on the topic of overpriced NES systems.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AV-Famicom-...1312838054?pt=Video_Games&hash=item233af2ada6

Looks like Game-Tech is not only selling AV Famicom's for $500 but is claiming he can do true stereo. HMMMMMMM SOUND FAMILIAR GUYS?

$400 at most for a modded AV Famicom, $500 is fucking ridiculous.

*edit* You also gotta love how no screws are on that switch in the youtube video. $500 for a system with superglue, gotta love it.

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I had fish & chips for dinner tonight. DROWNED that shit in malt vinegar.

P.S. Wes, if you're reading this, I'm typing this while taking a huge shit.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I had fish & chips for dinner tonight. DROWNED that shit in malt vinegar.

P.S. Wes, if you're reading this, I'm typing this while taking a huge shit.

Fucking right.

i buy malt vinegar by the gallon...

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
So yeah, I was going to get my NES RGB modded by Game-Tech http://www.game-tech.us/ this week or so... now he is buried in RGB mods till October??? Holy shit dude!!! So um Skips I might be giving you a PM pretty soon, lol.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
If Skips doesn't have the time or parts, go to the Atari Age forums and hit up a guy named "Yurkie".

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
If Skips doesn't have the time or parts, go to the Atari Age forums and hit up a guy named "Yurkie".

Yeah unfortunately I am out of parts and already have a few lined up that claimed what I do have left. I wont be taking any new ones until end of august.

nicksbrain

Cheng's Errand Boy
Seeing how RGB modded NES consoles go for 400$+ actually makes the AI overpriced thing look as a viable option... any videos of the actual output exist yet?

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
They only go for $400+ on eBay. You can get then for at least $100 cheaper on the forums. Even cheaper still if you supply your own console.

nicksbrain

Cheng's Errand Boy
They only go for $400+ on eBay. You can get then for at least $100 cheaper on the forums. Even cheaper still if you supply your own console.

well, true that... the option with supplying the own console sucks though if you have to send it overseas (shipping costs)... I'm open for offers if anyone here has one to offer ;)

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
BN-AK799_111513_G_20131115154821.jpg

Don't hate, gas station dogs do well in a pinch, and they're cheaper than McDonald's.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Seeing how RGB modded NES consoles go for 400$+ actually makes the AI overpriced thing look as a viable option... any videos of the actual output exist yet?

Here's the thing, the rgb nes's weren't $400 until the price of the NT was announced.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Anyone see this tease of the packaging that dropped on twitter?

BqCpCoiCMAAeIy7.jpg:large

In the end I guess it's a lot like a Computers, sure you could build one yourself for cheaper, but many people will still pay more for the completeness and perceived quality of a pre built system. Even if it's just the custom case they like.

Honestly I feel like the hype and hate around this thing has only served to increase demand for traditional RGB modded NES's. And as far as $400 and $500 overpricing, it just seems like an opportunity for any good modder to undercut these people and steal all their business for himself.

That's business.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
I don't know. I think that part of the problem is that we know that there are people who are drooling over this thing and can't wait to fork over the money. And for some reason, some of us are annoyed by that. This device and the hype that surrounds it just rubs me the wrong way. But I can't really explain why, except to say that it reminds me that there are people in this hobby who give more of a shit about aesthetics and presentation than they do about playing the games. The same assholes that buy shelf candy and sealed games. And for the most part, those are the assholes that are driving up prices for everyone.

Last edited:

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Smoke, that's crazy but you really should try it if you're ever back out here. Beff if you move out here we can hit up some joints guaranteed to increase our man tit volume.