The Dead Or Alive Series And The Virtua Fighter Series Are GREATER Than ALL Tekkens!

Omnipoint Deity

Quiz Detective
This is what the Dead Or Alive and the Virtua Fighter series has over the Tekken series:

Better character desighns
More depth in gameplay
Better stages and music
Better combos
More technical
ALL characters are playable

The Tekken series lacks all of those above but, Tekken is still playable. The game is TOO easy and not as technical than Dead Or Alive and Virtua Fighter.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I partially agree with you. Virtua Fighter >Tekken > DOA

Why is DOA deeper than Tekken? I think tekken has a bit more moves, more strategies and is played more competitively than DOA. I also think that tekken's characters have a little more spark of originality than DOA. But it's all opinion....

To be honest I play all three, but VF gets the most play.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
This is pointless. First off, those games are a world of difference. VF isnt loose and easy to get good in like DOA. It has alot more technical shit involved in playing good. Tekken is the deepest along with VF. DOA doesnt make this list.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I don't personaly care for any of them.

3rd Strike>all titles listed in thread topic

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Abasuto said:
I don't personaly care for any of them.

3rd Strike>all titles listed in thread topic

Goes without saying.

thundr51

Bead Banger
Omnipoint Deity said:
This is what the Dead Or Alive and the Virtua Fighter series has over the Tekken series:

Better character desighns
More depth in gameplay
Better stages and music
Better combos
More technical
ALL characters are playable

The Tekken series lacks all of those above but, Tekken is still playable. The game is TOO easy and not as technical than Dead Or Alive and Virtua Fighter.

Ok, you can tell this guy hasn't been here long, (besides the fact that he's only got about 50 posts) we've had threads like this dozens of times and it never ends. Coming here and telling everyone what essentially boils down to "T3kk3n SuXXorS" doesn't really help. For everyone that agrees with you there are at least 2 that disagree and even more that don't care. :rolleyes:

Steve

The Wonder Years,
thundr51 said:
Ok, you can tell this guy hasn't been here long, (besides the fact that he's only got about 50 posts) we've had threads like this dozens of times and it never ends. Coming here and telling everyone what essentially boils down to "T3kk3n SuXXorS" doesn't really help. For everyone that agrees with you there are at least 2 that disagree and even more that don't care. :rolleyes:

Seriously!

I have never seen a more annoying, useless, or childish poster than this Omni person. He just doesn't get it.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Umm... you guys are trying to be logical and coherent in a thread started by an SRK troll who CAN'T EVEN SPELL HIS NICK CORRECTLY.

OMFG DOA r0xx0rz!11!!111!

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Steve said:
I have never seen a more annoying, useless, or childish poster than this Omni person. He just doesn't get it.

He's a TROLL.

He's TROLLING us.

He's 'getting it' all right.

The problem is that we aren't.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
Wow still around? As long as it isn't another gay poll. I happen to think Tekken is better than both since I actually played it for longer than a day or two.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
I agree, Virtua Fighter and Dead or Alive are better than Tekken.

Though, Tekken is deeper than Dead or Alive.

But Dead or Alive has something that makes it unique, something both Virtua Fighter and Tekken lack - exceptional dynamism, very fast gameplay and the fact that anyone can pick it up and play it - both VF and Tekken have a terrible learning curve.

Last edited:

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
At this point I would like to offer Omnipoint $20 paypal to stop posting.

Omnipoint Deity

Quiz Detective
Steve said:
Seriously!

"annoying, useless, or childish", you say? You shouldn't be soooo harsh. Me and you share an interest............we both LOVE World Heroes 2, Jet, and Perfect.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
If you could see me right now you could see me not caring.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Tekken holds my interest for about 5 minutes - same thing with DOA. VF is really the only 3d fighter I can get into.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
i'd rate DOA above tekken as far as quality of a fighting game, DOA2 and DOA3 were awesome. tekken is just more popular.

genjuro1

Ninja Combat Warrior
I like all three series.

My favorite is Tekken, next is VF, and DOA bringing up the rear.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Well, I actually like all 3, when they are good. Tekken sort of took a dive after TTT, but T5 is bringing it up. All 3 of them actually have quite an acceptable level of depth (IMO) once you really get into them. All of them have characters I can play, and other characters I can't play for snot, but still are ranked well. DOA and VF are probably my faves due to a similar level of fluid controls. Though I tend to side with VF with their Guard cancels (the only ones in the business), for serious play. However, VF is work, fun that it is. You spend a bit more effort concentrating on the remedial things because of its demands. In DOA and Tekken, I can relax a bit more, but DOA offers high thrills in its department. Still, DOA really didn't earn its place, with me, until 2 and when my friend decided to gain skills in that game that nobody else could touch. He was sure-fire proof that people can learn DOA and dominate. He was the one that got me to start taking a more Virtua Fighter approach to a character, and so far, it's working. But nevertheless, DOA's tag team is numero uno, in my book. I like its tag team better than any other 3D fighter attempts of team-based play. For me, their formula for team-based fun is the greatest.

Eric Straven

Banned
tsukaesugi said:
He's a TROLL.

He's TROLLING us.

He's 'getting it' all right.

The problem is that we aren't.
Omnipoint Diety will be cut and there is nothing you can do about it! :mad: