The Best Neo Graphics...

Neo NooNaN

Quiz Detective
Hey Guys...

This is kind of technical I guess. I use a super nova and my computer to play neo original stuff. The super nova is hooked up to a 53" Sony XBR television with s-video. Ive got to say that Im not floored by the graphic performance. The PC just looks so much better. I know its going to due to the high res. monitor and all the filters you can use. I also have a Neo CD on the way. The questions in all this is what is the best way to achieve the best graphics and sound?? Ive been looking to get a 29" cabiniet as well. I had posted a problem about the sound on some MVS carts with the super nova. I know that getting a home version will eliminate all graphic and sound glitches. Ive been thinking that the best way might be to build a computer w/s-vid out just to play Neo on.

Ill stop rambling on. Let me know your thoughts.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
PC monitor video rendering will always be better, VGA gfx dont have the scan line issue that your television has.
Regarding the super nova, dont know.

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
the best video you can get out of any neogeo is via RGB. it's the sharpest and clearest signal. however, most american TVs don't support any kind of RGB input.. but at that size, the sony might have some sort of connector for it.

Chairman Kaga

Fio's Quartermaster
Ive been thinking that the best way might be to build a computer w/s-vid out just to play Neo on.<hr></blockquote>

S-video is S-video no matter how you look at it

Besides, how do you plug a MVS cartridge into a computer? :)

Neo NooNaN

Quiz Detective
Originally posted by Chairman Kaga:
<strong>

S-video is S-video no matter how you look at it

Besides, how do you plug a MVS cartridge into a computer? :) </strong><hr></blockquote>

True, the s-vid connection would be the same. I was refering to using the emulators that I have on the PC. The rendering that it is capable of looks much nicer than even s-vid with my mvs or CD.

neonut

Crossed Swords Squire
You can play on a pc with a Xrgb-2 using a neo rbg cable ( home or nova systems). The best pic you wil get is on a 25" rgb arcade monitor. The 29" is great to but not as defined as a 25"................NEONUT

peterr928

Another Striker,
20 Year Member
if you wanna play your warez in s-video, get a nice Geforce 3 with svideo out then hook it up to your tv and your monitor at the same time, then you don't have to support the neo market buy buying a system or games!!!!

Neo NooNaN

Quiz Detective
Originally posted by peterr928:
<strong>if you wanna play your warez in s-video, get a nice Geforce 3 with svideo out then hook it up to your tv and your monitor at the same time, then you don't have to support the neo market buy buying a system or games!!!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ive actually got 4 different systems and many many games (MVS, AES, and CD). Ive put quite a pretty penny into my hobby so I think Im OK with the emulator.

The RGB monitor sounds like a good idea. Whats the best one out there? I dont see many on eBay...