The best Game.com thread EVER!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
How much did they want for it? I don't want one but I'm curious how much a store would charge.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
GameStop would probably buy one from someone for 1 cent and then try to sell it for $60.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
How much did they want for it? I don't want one but I'm curious how much a store would charge.

It was sitting against the back wall. I asked the guy behind the counter to pull it down just cus of this thread. I asked how much. He had no clue. I joked that I would give him $5. The guy spend the next 10 minutes looking up info on the system. He was laughing about the system being out for 3 years and having a total of 20 games. Plus the fact that an adapter existed for getting this device online.. There was even a text only browser. WTF. :scratch:

SolidSnape

n00b
For your viewing pleasure I found this today. Haha

88580eeeda732b5e20610e2c93864a3f.jpg

2acae4729c8923bafd255bac416e673d.jpg

That store has had a funny smell for weeks. Now I know why.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Pretty sad he couldn't come up with a price even using online if he could figure out it lasted 3 years and barely had games released for it. 20 games, 3 years...hell the Virtual Boy was like 8 months (seriously) and got 14 (USA) or 22 (including JPN) game releases and it wasn't even loaded with shitty titles either.

I meant it though days ago, for the god awful novelty of it if I ever found one of those things excessively cheap I would buy it just for the experience of it all. I know it's terrible, but you know a LOT of people consider Japanese monster movies god awful too and I can't get enough of Godzilla movies for over 20-25 years now.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
It's not like it's going anywhere. The guy checked online and saw $150 for a sealed system. But didn't see much else to compare too. I'll ask the shop owner just for you Tanooki the next time I'm there. Lol

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
they should be giving YOU money for taking it.

ba_dum_tss_pirates_band_of_misfits.gif

Tanooki

War Room Troll
This should be amusing. Will greed win over, or the need to get a piece of shit no one has even asked about let alone bought in over 3 years. The money above nails it pretty much.

mightygstyper

New Challenger
Oh man, if you come down for CAX again next year Kid Panda and stay again we might need to fire it up.

slack_for_ios_upload_720.jpg

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
He should sell it for what he paid plus 25%

This, although for a retail location I might go higher. Any store that has to "look up" the price of something on the internet can fuck off, you know how much you paid for it and what profit margin you like your store to have.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
This, although for a retail location I might go higher. Any store that has to "look up" the price of something on the internet can fuck off, you know how much you paid for it and what profit margin you like your store to have.

100% agreed and that's basically my policy on any store when it comes to games or in general various stuff. If they don't price it, and you see them check ebay or worse yet the very broken video game price charts website tell them don't bother to waste their time if you catch it and just walk away. With ebay+amazon they'll look for the highest paid value some collectard did despite condition. And the VGPC algorithm is broken (jj admits it openly in the past) because it can't see the condition of a game or account for any extras short of a 'CIB/Complete' setup which is drops into that next scale they do (and then new/sealed.)

If the guy should take what he paid +25% ...$1.25? I'd do that. :D

lions3

Igniz's Servent
You know... if I can get the stupid thing for dirt cheap. Maybe we should do a raffle. The looser..uhmm.. I mean winner gets a glorious Game.com system that they MUST review and post on Youtube.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Wow a game.com raffle?!

I don't do youtube, hate being on camera, but something that god awful I think would be pretty amusing to attempt a review of, just need to find a few games for it to really understand the depths. Seems they're worth like $5/ea on most of them on ebay.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I'm sure the Game.com isn't as bad as people say it is. Judging by the video reviews, the only significant flaw with the original system is the super ghosty screen, which granted is terrible, but maybe the later versions are better. The games all seem kinda lame, but you can't disagree that they're better than Tiger's usual LCD game fare.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
That alone is why I consider the thing somewhat interesting. I've just never seen one publicly for sale second hand as I probably would grab it up just as a tester. It's so hated the games cost next to nothing.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I'm sure the Game.com isn't as bad as people say it is. Judging by the video reviews, the only significant flaw with the original system is the super ghosty screen, which granted is terrible, but maybe the later versions are better. The games all seem kinda lame, but you can't disagree that they're better than Tiger's usual LCD game fare.

No, sorry really it is bad. The screen is poor, the buttons flat and cheap with little press, and the games awful. I think objectivity solitaire and lights out are the best games on the system. Not to spoil the excitement of the raffle winner, but anything resembling action gameplay is unplayable. I was really excited for this system, and the screenshots on the back of the boxes looked promising... But the actual games played nothing like you expected or wanted to ever experience on your worst enemy.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Maybe I'm off base here, I haven't even touched one before I don't believe. But if someone went into this expecting a Tiger LCD game more than a Gameboy game shouldn't you be setting the bar pretty well for what to expect? A lot of the LCD games were not great or even good, serviceable, but the few that took the right liberties or played to that limited panel/buttons well were fun in small bursts.

I'm a bit of a sadist I guess as i can not resist picking up stupid Tiger handheld games when I find them. I usually get them and sell them after awhile, but I have a few I just don't let go of. Recently I got rid of Street Fighter II which I almost second thought out of but it got bought as it was so bad it was good in how it was limited, but I've also sold others like Ninja Gaiden (good, but not great) and some bad ones too. Recently for a dollar I grabbed the old blue pinball one and it's overly basic. Yet I have had for awhile with the manuals Castlevania II, Karnov, and Baseball. Without manuals I have Mega Man II, and the super sound(better audio) Sub Wars. They're all unique and take liberties on the NES ports but they actually can be fun, and the sub war one is actually a blast as you hunt down other subs, have a really cool sonar to ping, and can repair damage and throw up a shield at the cost of some energy making for a challenging game on that one near old 1st year gameboy basic quality.