The battle of the Century! Super Street Fighter 2 vs Samurai Shodown 2

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
you need another "XX vs. YY"-thread for that. And only Green Beret may start it. PM him.
Increased post numbers by talking too much when not necessary. Speak with your family if you have many to say

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
No way are those games better than the traditional 2D fighters.

Since most consider traditional 2d fighters having to do with using sprite based animation what the monkeys do you consider traditional?

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Since most consider traditional 2d fighters having to do with using sprite based animation what the monkeys do you consider traditional?
Traditional in the sense of having "normal" special moves (ie, not so much stretch limb attacks, jumping 30 feet in the air, etc), and with the gameplay being more oriented towards serious high-level play (rather than flashy moves to bring the players in).

Last edited:

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
*scratches head* Stretching limbs......... Dhalsim......... going past that. KOF XIII, Real Bout Series could both fall in those catagories and they are considered high level play games. If you are trying to call out games like the Marvel series I kinda understand, but Guilty Gear is also considered high level play and was considered very Marvelesque when it 1st debuted on the PSX. Though never realisticly saw high level play until GGXX. Maybe I just can't wrap my head around it.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Guess his idea of traditional is something along the line of Karate Champ.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Increased post numbers by talking too much when not necessary. Speak with your family if you have many to say
please, tell me more, person who failes miserably at doing his own research and doesn't read the news.