The Bartkira Animated Trailer - why has this not been posted???

Marek

Banned

This is a real thing and they are actually going for it and attempting to Simpsonify the entire movie!

I fucking love it. Can't wait. Hope they dont get shut down somehow. (edit:looks like Otomo and Fox are both lol about it. nice.)

Last edited:

dullbuoy

Leon Ther,
I have the Bartkira book that this was based off of. it was part of an exhibit (ongoing i think) of different artists/illustrators recreating pages of the Akira manga as the Simpsons. The book that i have only includes some of the pages, not sure if they are ever releasing all of the manga volumes in it's entirety. Ralph Wiggum plays the character Akira.

Marek

Banned
I have the Bartkira book that this was based off of. it was part of an exhibit (ongoing i think) of different artists/illustrators recreating pages of the Akira manga as the Simpsons. The book that i have only includes some of the pages, not sure if they are ever releasing all of the manga volumes in it's entirety. Ralph Wiggum plays the character Akira.

I can't believe I never knew this project existed until today.

Dude I couldnt even laugh because my mouth was just hanging open at how epic it all is. Flanders man, Flanders.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
That was great, I hope they can finish the whole thing. I've watched Akira too many times but I would totally watch it again with Simpsons characters.

Marek

Banned
That was great, I hope they can finish the whole thing. I've watched Akira too many times but I would totally watch it again with Simpsons characters.

I can still watch Akira once or twice a year. Ive definitely watched it more times than any other movie, by far.

The animation.... is... so... so good. Also the 80's English dub kills me every time.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
thx for posting this poppy, I saw it last week and lulz'd my ass off, I was planning on posting it in our simpsons thread, but it deserves the attention of it's own thread. 2 things I absolutely loved about the trailer: 1) the crazy cat lady and 2) Arnie Pye was in the helicopter. I imagine it mustve taken some time, just to do the trailer, but the whole movie? my god......

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I can't believe I never knew this project existed until today.

Dude I couldnt even laugh because my mouth was just hanging open at how epic it all is. Flanders man, Flanders.

The Flanders thing was the best part.

Wasn't aware of the trailer, but was hoping this would come to fruition.

Reminds me of the good old hand drawn Simpsons from the same age of Akira. If the end result is anything like the trailer it should be a good ride.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The WHOLE movie? Insanity. I thought the trailer was just a one off thing.

google imaging Bartkira is good for a laugh

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
lol @ the end "Please don't sue us"

Why don't they get permission first? heh

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
That was amazing, I chuckled at the "please don't sue us" tidbit too.

I'd watch the whole movie if it ever happened. The trailer was enough but hell, these things just go together.

I love that the crazy cat lady is the the crazy priest... So much to like here.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
If you guys want to buy the art book Floating World Comics has is for $15

Marek

Banned
Well I just found an easter egg in the Bartkira trailer! I might be the first one to figure it out even!

I was making this gif here kj3es8v.gif (just realized the start delay on this one is all fucked up)

When I noticed in CS5 that they snuck in a single frame of the original dude from Akira getting his ass handed to him by the military. Its the very first frame after it switches from the gestapo to flanders.

nJX5Tdx.png

Last edited:

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Well I just found an easter egg in the Bartkira trailer! I might be the first one to figure it out even!

I was making this gif here View attachment 27232 (just realized the start delay on this one is all fucked up)

When I noticed in CS5 that they snuck in a single frame of the original dude from Akira getting his ass handed to him by the military. Its the very first frame after it switches from the gestapo to flanders.

View attachment 27233

Nice find, reminds me of the quick flash frames in the original Akira trailer.

Marek

Banned
Nice find, reminds me of the quick flash frames in the original Akira trailer.

Could be they are going for the effect because that workspace window is the size of the trailer itself and that Akira cell is clearly 33% smaller or something like that.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Guys, I'm 35 years old and I've never seen Akira - I don't even know what it is about...
The only thing I know about Akira is that the first stage of Last Resort supposedly shares some kind of resemblance to it.

...but Bartkira looks pretty awesome and I'd watch it.

Marek

Banned
Guys, I'm 35 years old and I've never seen Akira - I don't even know what it is about...
The only thing I know about Akira is that the first stage of Last Resort supposedly shares some kind of resemblance to it.

bartkira will make essentially no sense to you whatsoever. But will be pretty to watch.

here Im doing you a favor - https://thepiratebay.vg/torrent/4113979 This is akira with the original good english dub. ENJOY OR ELSE

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

Read the manga if you have the time, it's long.
The anime is basically the ultra compressed version of it, ditching several characters and subplots (like the character the crazy cat lady is replacing: major character in the manga but in the anime she just appears in that one in a completly different context) or even Akira himself.

Basically it's about fucking with powers beyond your control and dealing with the consequences.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
bartkira will make essentially no sense to you whatsoever. But will be pretty to watch.

here Im doing you a favor - https://thepiratebay.vg/torrent/4113979 This is akira with the original good english dub. ENJOY OR ELSE

Read the manga if you have the time, it's long.
The anime is basically the ultra compressed version of it, ditching several characters and subplots (like the character the crazy cat lady is replacing: major character in the manga but in the anime she just appears in that one in a completly different context) or even Akira himself.

Basically it's about fucking with powers beyond your control and dealing with the consequences.

Thanks gents, I am indebted. I think I will check out the manga...I spend at least an hour of my day commuting on a train, so I got time for some good reading.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
You should be able to find good scans of the dark horse version easily, the actual books are unwieldy and not in the now typical manga format (unless they released a new edition)

Marek

Banned
Thanks gents, I am indebted. I think I will check out the manga...I spend at least an hour of my day commuting on a train, so I got time for some good reading.

The manga is great even though I never actually finished it. The colorized English versions are hard to collect, for me anyway because they are individual chapters, which is what I was trying to do in the late 90s on ebay hahaha, yeah right. so young, so broke.

I guess I should go ahead and get a scan torrent. I never thought about that before. Like Dr. Motherfucking Hobbit said, the bound collection books are enormous.

Also, watch the fucking movie. lol.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Yeah they released the colored ones here too, early-mid nineties. Same format as the typical franco-belgian comic albbums over here...I think it was around 35+ volumes total where the current b&w ones are only six.

Marek

Banned
Yeah they released the colored ones here too, early-mid nineties. Same format as the typical franco-belgian comic albbums over here...I think it was around 35+ volumes total where the current b&w ones are only six.

Just looked into it and Epic released the ones, in murca, that were color.

I just got on amazon and bought the first three volumes of the Akira Collection Edition, all Epic colorized. :D

WOOOOOO!!!

edit: It appears the Epic collection edition has 10 volumes.

According to this site - http://www.akira2019.com/akira-marvel-epic-comics.htm They needed to make 11 and 12 to complete the collection edition series, but never published them. Bummer :/

Last edited: