The B.I.G LA meet up!!

Flashmaster_Jahoon

Crazed MVS Addict
I will be in LA from May 8 through 12. I was just wondering if any of you want to meet up just for the sake of meeting some of you if you have the time. May 10 and 11 is a Sat. and Sun. If some of you have the time to meet up maybe we can and take it from there. I really want to see LA so maybe we can see when and where to meet. Later.

Freakit

Host for Orochi
well i'm gonna be at Arcade-Infinity in City Of Industry this coming thursday if anyone wants to meet me there annoyed

loco

Flashmaster_Jahoon

Crazed MVS Addict
Actually the main reason I'm going to be in LA is to go to Arcade-Infinity so i can pick out the cab that I want. I haven't been to LA in 13 years so I also want to go around the city as it's been a long time. Anyway, if anyone wants to meet up between May 8 through 12 just let me know so we can set up a time and place to meet.

Freakit

Host for Orochi
it's all about the Super Magelo 2! buttrock

you can't go wrong with 50" of goodness infront of your face. drool

Flashmaster_Jahoon

Crazed MVS Addict
Freakit:
it's all about the Super Magelo 2! buttrock

you can't go wrong with 50" of goodness infront of your face. drool
How much is that? It's over a thousand, isn't it? I wasn't even thinking of that machine. I really have my eye on the Capcom Impress 29" and I want to see it to decide if that's what I really want. And it's like under $500.

<small>[ April 27, 2003, 02:55 AM: Message edited by: Flashmaster_Jahoon ]</small>

Freakit

Host for Orochi
well check em out here:
<a href="http://www.arcade-infinity.com/stock.htm" target="_blank">http://www.arcade-infinity.com/stock.htm</a>

as far as the 'under $500' price goes I really like the Egret 29 and the Super Neo 29 Candy.

but yeah, the Super Magelo 2 is $1,450.
although then again, as far as the prices on that webpage go, I'm sure since you're actually going to be showing up there in person.. they'd probably be willing to bargain with you.

Flashmaster_Jahoon

Crazed MVS Addict
Well, they don't even have it in stock and they don't even have an image of it. But I don't know how up to date they are on that site with their inventory. Oh, well.

Freakit

Host for Orochi
well, their site hasn't been updated in a long time. that 'jamma cabinets' section has had the exact same models, stock, & prices for like 2 months now.

so really unless you're actually able to get ahold of them and get an updated stock list, then you'll just have to wait till you're able to see them in person.

KOF_FANATIK

Astra Superstar
freakit do you know their telephone #?
i live lke 30 minutes from them plz give it to me thx :) also freakit do you own a route?

Zeekade Zarathos

Krizalids Fashion Designer
NEOryu:
It sounds good! So who exactly, seriously is going to show up?
*sighs*

Me. Seriously.

For some reason I have the sneaking suspicion I'm going to walk in, and the place will be completely deserted, and no one else will show up, and I'll end up driving back home and taking a nap. Actually, that nap sounds pretty good right about now.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Well, I'm up for meeting anyone at E3.
Chances are, we're all going to be the first ones at the SNKbooth as SOON as the place opens. I know I'll be.

As for going somewhere afterwards? I dunno my way around LA at all; and the less I drive, the better...

If any of you indians want to get in touch with me, here's my cell

this way, its on record just in case anyone needs it for the meet up.

peace,
ray

<small>[ May 02, 2003, 06:02 AM: Message edited by: Kid Aphex ]</small>

aria

Former Moderator
Okay, since it sounds like this planning is about, oh, half-assed you should really specify exactly what landmark in front of Staples you're going to meet by. The "main entrance" will confuse people because there's no less than THREE. (I suggest the entrance in front of the Fox Sports Skybox Restuarant since it's visible from almost the entire building -I don't recommend eating there, it probably won't be open and if it is it's too crowded for as many people as you plan -and expensive).

People are going to be late because of traffic concerns, the unwillingness to pay $20-40 to park close, and the confusing one-ways of downtown. Half the people in this thread will probably simply not show up.

You need to hash things out a little more before this turns into the B.I.G. FLOP :rolleyes:

<small>[ May 02, 2003, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: Bobak ]</small>

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I can't do Saturday either... It really should be during E3 if you ask me. Wed-Fri... if possible. But, regardless, I will be at the show, so anyone can see me hanging out at booth 3008 on day 1 wink

-Nick

aria

Former Moderator
Here's some non-spoiler X2 trivia related to the E3:

That museum in the beginning was actually the lobby of the West Hall in the LA Convention Center (which is used in countless movies), keep that in mind when you check it out.

EDIT: This thread is closed because someone decided to start a new one (for illegitmate reasons): <a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=008532" target="_blank">http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=008532</a>

<small>[ May 03, 2003, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: Bobak ]</small>