the 3DS eShop

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
So the 3DS eShop is pretty really super awesome. There are a ton of great games on it...and probably some craps ones.

Thought it might be nice to centralize some info regarding eShop games/news in a thread like this.

First off, there is a sales on some games right now, including Liberation Maiden, which is $5. Pretty awesome game for $5. Controls leave my hands feeling a bit cramped, like in Kid Icarus, but I have cute little girly hands, so maybe thats the problem. The game is easily worth $5 regardless. Not sure when the sale is ending though (Thursday perhaps?).

Crimson Shroud is also on sale. Dont have that yet, but it looks pretty good...

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I bought Crimson Shroud the other day. I'll post a little mini preview bout it later today.

bugula

Member,
Recently picked up both Liberation Maiden and Crimson Shroud. Missed the EskapeVektor sale - will grab it the next time it goes down to $5. Also contemplating HarmoKnight.

Liberation Maiden leaves my manly hands all gnarly too so girly hands aren't the culprit. ;)

Honestly, I think it's such a tense game that you end up grabbing the 3DS hard with your left hand and furiously scribble with the right for minutes on end, leaving your hands like claws.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I like the eShop service.

I just wish Nintendo would link all of their system accounts into one.

I don't appreciate having seperate account balances for my 3DS and Wii U.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I just added $20 to my eShop account, what are some of the better games on there?

Pat505

War Room Troll
Only put a couple hours into it but, Legend of the River king is really fun. Reminds me of Mario Golf (GBA) just fishing instead. Never had a GB color unfortunately.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
I love that nintendo has the eshop. Especially being able to demo games before purchase. (saved me from buying monster hunter)

I have 2 gripes. First, like mentioned above, why is it separate from the Wii store? I've spent a TON of $$ on VC games several years ago. Why do I need to repurchase my Zelda and Mario games from the NES? Second, where's the HUGE back catalogue of DS games? Yes there's a few available, but where's the rest? Why in the world are the two Zelda DS games not available digitally in the eshop? Maybe i'm just cranky this morning (probably).

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
also, the interface is terrible for browsing

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
NES games play so good! They look great! I wish the DS had access to the VC section of the e-shop.
I'll be happy with all the NES Ninja Gaidens, that's all I need but if you're gonna bring more stuff, bring Castlevania, Super Castlevania, and Gameboy Advance stuff.

So when are virtual boy games coming out for the 3DS?

I know right!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
NES games play so good! They look great! I wish the DS had access to the VC section of the e-shop.
I'll be happy with all the NES Ninja Gaidens, that's all I need but if you're gonna bring more stuff, bring Castlevania, Super Castlevania, and Gameboy Advance stuff.

I know right!

Evidently Ambassadors got some GBA games to play. Nintendo at some point said there would be GBA games. But nothing so far which is a shame. :(

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I'm really looking forward to the Guild2 games coming out shortly; that Friday Afternoon Monsters game looks awesome (I've always loved the My Summer Vacation games on PSP and PS3) and that visual novel looks interesting. Ironically, despite my love for all things Mega Man, I wasn't at all impressed with Inafune's Bugs vs. Tanks game; it looks really uninspired :(

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure is $4.99 til 5/9

This and 3D Classics: Kid Icarus are ported by Arika.

Last edited:

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Recently picked up both Liberation Maiden and Crimson Shroud. Missed the EskapeVektor sale - will grab it the next time it goes down to $5. Also contemplating HarmoKnight.

Liberation Maiden leaves my manly hands all gnarly too so girly hands aren't the culprit. ;)

Honestly, I think it's such a tense game that you end up grabbing the 3DS hard with your left hand and furiously scribble with the right for minutes on end, leaving your hands like claws.

Hey man, haven’t seen you around here in awhile, good to see you posting. Not sure if you remember, but you sold me a jpn ps2 system many moons ago :)

Ahh, so I’m not the only one with problems with playing Liberation Maiden. It’s ok though, the game is rad!

3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure is $4.99 til 5/9

This and 3D Classics: Kid Icarus are ported by Arika.

Hmm, $5 not bad…how much does it normally go for though?

I may scoop :emb:

bugula

Member,
Hey man, haven’t seen you around here in awhile, good to see you posting. Not sure if you remember, but you sold me a jpn ps2 system many moons ago :)

I believe I may have left my copy of Zoo Keeper in that machine before I sold it...kicked myself for not checking. :D

Pope Sazae

Kirby Pinball Land is only $3.99 and that was a really great game. Kind of looking at the 3D Classics: Urban Champion since I have enough points to get it for free.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I believe I may have left my copy of Zoo Keeper in that machine before I sold it...kicked myself for not checking. :D

Sorry, no Zoo Keeper here, I would have sent it back to you! I bought a super sexy new slim system of you :)

I'ts normally $6.99, not a huge drop, but once again it being 2-D the effect is kinda nice.

hmm...on the fence about it...i still have a long list of eshop games to get...Ketzal, Crashmo, Xevious...

Kirby Pinball Land is only $3.99 and that was a really great game. Kind of looking at the 3D Classics: Urban Champion since I have enough points to get it for free.

Urban Champion is not as terrible as most people think. I have it and its ok for a minute play every now and then. I wish every 3d classics got the same overhaul that UC did.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
kinda silly, but i want more 3d classics. Xevious had a really good 3d effect.

Pope Sazae

3D classics of GI Joe would be amazing

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Marvel Pinball is also on sale for $3.99 - great price for the game. I scooped that and Kirby 3D Classics.

Yeah more 3D Classics would be awesome, don't know why they stopped releasing them.
RC Pro Am and Punchout would be killer.