That deal with the Wii controller straps breaking...

So I was wrapping up Christmas present last night and I heard a thump and some "oh my god" "dude!" "oh shit" from downstairs. Four of my buddies were playing the Monkey Ball Ring Toss mini game on the Wii and I guess he let the controller fly and it broke off the strap and hit the ground and the entertainment center. I laughed it off cause thankfully they didn't hit my TV. Guess it does happen, he said his hands were sweaty, I said eww.

So about 45 minutes later I hear another Bang Thump followed by "oh my God" "oh shit" "again!?". So I trecked back downstairs again and found the same guy let the remote fly while still playing Monkey Ball (different mini-game, some distance ball throwing game). This time it flew up and hit the mantle above my fireplace and bounced off my Sub and landed on the stairs.

The point of all this? I guess I'll take the time to get the stronger straps and hope that will save my TV when this happens again. Damn sweaty palmed bitches.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Last night I saw a TV commercial that specifically addressed the airborne remote problem- it went something like "How to enjoy your Wii... Step 1) Make sure that the strap is snug around your remote... Step 2) Hold the remote firmly... etc."

In the ad, they never actually mentioned any cases of out-of-control remotes destroying anything, but there was a bit of an implication that these things can cause damage if they're not used properly.

Are these ads appearing in N. America too?

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
tsukaesugi said:
Last night I saw a TV commercial that specifically addressed the airborne remote problem- it went something like "How to enjoy your Wii... Step 1) Make sure that the strap is snug around your remote... Step 2) Hold the remote firmly... etc."

In the ad, they never actually mentioned any cases of out-of-control remotes destroying anything, but there was a bit of an implication that these things can cause damage if they're not used properly.

Are these ads appearing in N. America too?

Haven't seen them yet if they are.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
Yeah, I haven't seen one either.

Was there some drinking involved here? I hope so, because this guy seriously needs to calm down if not.

:tickled:

There is always drinking involved. Though in this case it was moderate. Some of the mini-games in Monkey Ball make you hold the remote kind of funky and I think it could partially be due to this (and that whole sweaty palms thing). :emb:

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Same guy happens twice. Guy is careless. Was he even wearing the strap?

Oh and there was a test to see how much the wii strap could hold. The guy was trying his hardest to snap the thing. He finally did. But its stronger then it looks.

Your friend is a bit on the slow side.

wizkid007 said:
Same guy happens twice. Guy is careless. Was he even wearing the strap?

Oh and there was a test to see how much the wii strap could hold. The guy was trying his hardest to snap the thing. He finally did. But its stronger then it looks.

Your friend is a bit on the slow side.

Hey look! It's another assumptive, retarded WizKid post!

Let's see, we already know how it happened. Some drinking and sweaty hands were involved. In case you aren't aware of this, clearly never having been invited to a party, drinking impairs your senses of balance and judgment, and lowers your physical coordination. Maybe someday, when they let you outside, you too might engage in drinking, just like samX and his friends do. :D

nice jet. haha.

@ wizkid
For being "on the slow side" he's a rather bright kid. But I suppose letting a controller fly twice would certainly trump any level of intelligence my buddy might have. At least, that's what I'd tell him.

You don't really need to try hard to snap the straps... well perhaps you do.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I'm sure it's not easy to break them, but it seems plausible enough. Accidents happen, and so do sweaty palms. Is that little ring made of plastic?