Texas death row inmate tears out own eye, eats it

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
Link (or it isn't real)

DALLAS (Reuters) - A death row inmate in Texas tore out his eyeball with his fingers and ate it, leaving him blind after he gouged out his other eye several years ago, the state's department of criminal justice said on Friday.

"We don't know how it happened," said Jason Clark, a spokesman for the department. "There are no indications that he used anything other than his hands."

Andre Thomas, 25, was now in a secure psychiatric facility after he pulled out his left eye last month at the death row unit in Livingston in eastern Texas, Clark said.

Thomas was condemned for killing his wife, son and infant stepdaughter in 2004, according to the department's brief account of the case. Local media reports said he had ripped out the hearts of his victims.

Thomas was on death row since March 2005 but did not have an execution date. There are 373 inmates on death row in Texas, the Washington-based Death Penalty Information Center says.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
nice

i hope he's somebody's blind bitch for the rest of his days

lordnikon

Another Striker
What bullshit reporting by Reuters. Is this it? This is all they could muster? This should be in their blogs section, not articles. There is so much more to this story. Instead of simply talking about how he pulled out his eye, they should have also given some back story to this guy.

He was on death row for stabbing his wife and 2 kids to death and actually carving out their hearts. Before his trial in 2004, he ripped out his right eye, and now he has done it once again. I think people are missing this very important point if they are only glancing briefly at the photo and glazing over the text. The man is now completly blind having ripped out BOTH of his eyes.

This guy has severe mental problems. The fact that he brutally slayed and mutilated his entire family, went through the entire legal process, and ripped out his own eye leaving him on death row is a crime. Only after he tears out his only remaining good eye with his bare hands, and ingests it, do people finally realize this person is mentally ill.

During the original murders, he didn't just carve out their hearts. He put them in his pocket! Then he walked out of the apartment with his pockets full of bloody organs, walked home, placed them in a plastic back and threw them into the garbage. This process alone should have been a clear tip off that Andre Thomas was certifiable.

If they leave this guy alone again he will probobly try to pull a Mola Ram on himself.

I am not siding with the inmate. I just feel at somepoint there had to have been indications that he was batshit crazy, and all of this could have been avoided. I guess his wife saying "you-so-crazy andre" so many times was the definition of Irony.

Last edited:

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
What bullshit reporting by Reuters. Is this it? This is all they could muster? This should be in their blogs section, not articles. There is so much more to this story. Instead of simply talking about how he pulled out his eye, they should have also given some back story to this guy.

He was on death row for stabbing his wife and 2 kids to death and actually carving out their hearts. Before his trial in 2004, he ripped out his right eye, and now he has done it once again.

This guy has severe mental problems. The fact that he brutally slayed and mutilated his entire family, went through the entire legal process, and ripped out his own eye leaving him on death row is a crime. Only after he tears out his only remaining good eye with his bare hands, and ingests it, do people finally realize this person is mentally ill.

During the original murders, he didn't just carve out their hearts. He put them in his pocket! Then he walked out of the apartment with his pockets full of bloody organs, walked home, placed them in a plastic back and threw them into the garbage. This process alone should have been a clear tip off that Andre Thomas was certifiable.

If they leave this guy alone again he will probobly try to pull a Mola Ram on himself.

I don't think mental disability is a good enough excuse to avoid execution in Texas, is it?

But yeah. This guy is clearly completely fucking nuts. He's what psych wards are for, for crissakes.

lordnikon

Another Striker
I can't say whether or not he should get the death penalty. For that, whats done is done.

I just think that a person this crazy was easily showing symptoms long before any of these terrible things happened. Due to the lack of awareness for what his problems really were, he ended up killing 3 people and tearing out both of his eyes before anyone clinically diagnoses him as insane. I mean, he ripped out an eye BEFORE the trial, yet the judge still sentanced him to death row rather than getting an insanity plea.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
I can't say whether or not he should get the death penalty. For that, whats done is done.

I just think that a person this crazy was easily showing symptoms long before any of these terrible things happened. Due to the lack of awareness for what his problems really were, he ended up killing 3 people and tearing out both of his eyes before anyone clinically diagnoses him as insane. I mean, he ripped out an eye BEFORE the trial, yet the judge still sentanced him to death row rather than getting an insanity plea.

Well I'm against capital punishment in all its forms, so I don't think he should be executed. But even if I wasn't, it strikes me as pretty cold if you're gonna kill people who are crazy. Obviously this guy is a pretty extreme case, but the principle is the same.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Guy rips out an infant's heart and there's still people who think he needs help. He gets a sympathetic shoulder.

This bastard should be put down, like a rabid dog.

aria

Former Moderator
We've got to have some other way to use him...

I don't know what, but wow.

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
Guy rips out an infant's heart and there's still people who think he needs help. He gets a sympathetic shoulder.

This bastard should be put down, like a rabid dog.

So, are you supporting execution now?

aria

Former Moderator
In China his organs would've been in 15 different people right now.

No... something else.

Maybe they could get him addicted to some super-drug and then conduct a brain removal and transplant into a new cyborg body so that we can have a new generation of robotic cop to patrol our out of control streets. All we need to do is keep providing him the narcotic so he doesn't do anything stupid.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
No... something else.

Maybe they could get him addicted to some super-drug and then conduct a brain removal and transplant into a new cyborg body so that we can have a new generation of robotic cop to patrol our out of control streets. All we need to do is keep providing him the narcotic so he doesn't do anything stupid.

I haven't seen Robocop 2 in ages, but this sounds damn familiar. :tickled:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
i am sure there is a skull fucking joke in there somewhere.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
What? Are you saying someone made a movie out of my idea? I should sue!

Fuck that, he sounds indestructible as is. Send him out just like he is now. I'm sure he's like Kevin Costner in The Bodyguard, super hearing and all that.

And think of how goddamn creepy he must be to look at. He'd scare the enemy half to death, and then assassinate while they're cowering in fear.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
This guy sounds like me meets the criteria for medical experiments.

aria

Former Moderator
This guy sounds like me meets the criteria for medical experiments.

You want this crazy bastard to see again?

Fuck that, he sounds indestructible as is. Send him out just like he is now. I'm sure he's like Kevin Costner in The Bodyguard, super hearing and all that.

And think of how goddamn creepy he must be to look at. He'd scare the enemy half to death, and then assassinate while they're cowering in fear.

He'd be like Johnny Depp in Once Upon a Time in Mexico

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
andrethomasperpw4982ecb_ViewSize.jpg

look at that swagger