Terry's leather jacket

Places of decoration (choose one on both categories)

• Shoulder object: On the left

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shoulder object: On the right

• Shoulder object: On both

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Name tag: On the left

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Name tag: On the right

• Total voters

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
I'm playing with the idea of making myself a replica of Terry's Garou:MOTW leather jacket. I already have a suitable jacket, I'd just need to decorate it.

I know that on the back, there's a big white star on a blue, round background. Under it it says "RUNNING WILD" in white letters.

I also know that on his shoulder is another star (yellow), surrounded by a blue circle. Under it says "AIRBORNE" in yellow letters.

But what I don't know, is that on which shoulder it is? It changes place during Garou's intro, play, and ending. Or is it on both shoulders? What is the common knowledge on this? Or just your opinion?

And the same goes for the name tag on the front. Left or right side?

And also, what does the name tag say? Bogard? T. Bogard? Or does it have someone else's name? I really don't know. Has anyone read the Garou comics?

Thanks for your insight/opinions.

Last edited:

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Funny you should mention this, can't help you with the Terry stuff, as someone has my Garou at the moment :eye: :eye: but I have spent some time working on some kewl T-Shirt stuff.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
RockstarRunner said:
Funny you should mention this, can't help you with the Terry stuff, as someone has my Garou at the moment :eye: :eye: but I have spent some time working on some kewl T-Shirt stuff.

I think a Garou t-shirt would rock - maybe with the star on the back and a small Neo Geo emblem on the front, and perhaps an SNK logo on one of the shoulders. Anyway, what kinda t-shirt stuff did you come up with? It doesn't look like SNKP will ever let Shawn distribute shirts with their logos .... :oh_no:

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
I could answer, but I don't wanna spam-up Finn's thread ;)
... oh, what the hey... Just a RBFFS T for myself, and one special one that's gonna be kewl! Only problem is you can't get anything silk screened for just one or two shirts, heat transfer it is, but they kinda suck, but what'ya'gonna'do.

Finn, would you be thinking of embroidering the decorations? Tricky I know, but would look v. cool.

Last edited:

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
RockstarRunner said:
Funny you should mention this, can't help you with the Terry stuff, as someone has my Garou at the moment :eye: :eye:

Who could possibly have your Garou? :eye: :eye: . But yeah, I have been looking at the insert, intro and Terry's ending many times. I'm getting pretty sure about the places (star on BOTH shoulders, name tag on the left).

But I'm still missing the name on the name tag. Anyone?

The name tag should propably be a separate piece, which is then sowed on.

And I feel the correct way to execute the shoulder stars is embroidering.

But the backside is trickier. Looking at the intro, the seam of the jacket shows through from under the star. Because of that, I was thinking about some kind of paint. Could this be done? I'm sure I have seen this kind of pictures on leather jackets. Or does a paint like that exist?

If not paint, the other option is to sow in white and blue coloured leather. One big, blue ball and a big, white star on top of it. This way the seam won't show through, but I think it would be close enough.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
If I had a Terry jacket I'd rock it 365 days a year!
Actually I have been thinking about doing this also, either Terrys jacket or Rocks. Rocks looks cooler but I'd actually wear Terrys.

td741

, NOTE: Please add 16 points to his feedback., --
finngamer said:
But the backside is trickier. Looking at the intro, the seam of the jacket shows through from under the star. Because of that, I was thinking about some kind of paint. Could this be done? I'm sure I have seen this kind of pictures on leather jackets. Or does a paint like that exist?

If you want to try paint, then I'd recommend flexible shoe paint. You can usually find it at most cobblers. The one brand they have up here in Canada is "Majix". (NOTE: I haven't used this on Leather Jackets).

In my experience, it works fairly well as long as you paint many thin coats. If you're going from a really dark colour to white, then it might be easier to put in some layers of silver and then your white over it.

Also note, that regular spraypaint will flake off. This stuff will wear off with time (if you brush up against stuff or possibly fold it often) but it's fairly easy to just re-touch up, or ignore it and just leave it for the weathered look.

Don't know if this helps. I've not used the stuff for a leather jacket, I did use it on boots though.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Thanks for the tips.

A slightly weathered look would be good IMO.

td741

, NOTE: Please add 16 points to his feedback., --
Good luck. You might want to double check with the cobbler or whereever you find the paint just to make sure.

I seem to recall the bottle stating that it was good for most leather. I can't seem to find it online at the moment...

Also note that the jacket will need to be cleaned. There's a product that you probably should use before spraying the jacket... I don't remember it quite off hand, but they have it at the cobbler I went too as well.

Last edited: