tell me what ya think of this deal

sliceypete

Astra Superstar
15 Year Member
i say get it if u got the space. thats one hell of a cab(just picture play metal slugs on that:drool_2: ) i take that in a heart beat if i had the space

bwodie

Another Striker
space isnt really a problem, well it is, but i'll make it not a problem
what worrys me is the rear projection tv..
if it brakes, pretty much un-repairable..
be hard to replace wouldnt ya think? not like a normal 25-29' screen

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I'd go for it. It's a great deal for a sit down cab like that.

BTW: Where do you guys live so I can move there to get great deals on cabs?

bwodie

Another Striker
shat
i made a mistake in the currency conversion
its the best part of $670 US
sorry...
:emb:

goingmerry

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
thats alot less then i paid for my cab and is way cooler than mine. so i say buy it now while you can.

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Thats a pretty awesome cab...i dont think $670 is bad for the size of that thing. If I had the room for it I would definetly pick it up.

bwodie

Another Striker
oh man
god damn its tempting...
its only a hundred or so more than a normal cab...
im so scared of the rear projection dieing in a few years
apparently is a Sega Megalo cab and its 10 years old... 1996
im worried

sven666

War Room Troll
dont

ive moved a couple of those, never touching them again, i wouldnt even take it for free.

by now the screen will need replacing on ALL of those (unless its been in storage for 10yrs), expensive as hell IF you can even find the parts...

DaemoN

Camel Slug
The price is good, but I had one of my biggest arcade headaches ever with a projection screen. The 50" broke and it was impossible to fix, too expensive. Almost the price I had paid for the whole thing!

I would get a TUBE or LCD machine instead :-)

complexs6

Camel Slug
I would buy it but dont in my case so I might be able to get in the future, lol. Just kidding, you would be a momo not to buy that cab even if they ask 1000 bucks its worth it as long as it looks good and works, Buy IT. Just be very careful moving it around that cabinet is precious.

DaemoN

Camel Slug
I'm utterly serious. Ask AndyGeezer, he'll tell you the same thing - projection screens are a mess, parts are usually unavailable or utterly expensive and they wear out fast.

Go for a 29" or 33" TUBE display cab and you'll save yourself lots of future headaches.

I had to save my Virtua Fighter 3 Deluxe 50" panel and convert it to a naomi w/ 19" LCD because the big screen broke and was too expensive to fix.

Paulie G

Zero's Secretary
I would give it a miss Like DaemoN said "save yourself lots of future headaches"

bwodie

Another Striker
yah thanks for the advice guys....
i want it so bad, ive got a 50' rear projection for a tele and i love it!
but i know how hard they are to get repaired (near impossible) and 10 years old is pretty old for a rear projection
guess i'll pass :(
if any other aussies are interested in it, give me a pm and i'll give ya the sellers details :)

gibbous

n00b
Bumping this up again. I was in a similar situation with a Megalo in my area. I passed it up because of the same reason, but a friend of mine brought up a possible solution. Couldn't you rig up one of those LDC projectors to the inside of the thing in the event the old one fails? They can be set to project from the rear with no problem. The only issue is hookups, not sure what it would take.

Sony-VPLHS50-LCD-PROJECTOR.gif

jsjesse

Marked Wolf
bwodie said:
space isnt really a problem, well it is, but i'll make it not a problem
what worrys me is the rear projection tv..
if it brakes, pretty much un-repairable..
be hard to replace wouldnt ya think? not like a normal 25-29' screen

Not so true. My buddy Chris Wong just bought a Sega 41 inch cabinet rear projection cab and it definitely needs some work on the pic quality. He called in a TV repairman and he said that they can definitely fix it.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
gibbous said:
Bumping this up again. I was in a similar situation with a Megalo in my area. I passed it up because of the same reason, but a friend of mine brought up a possible solution. Couldn't you rig up one of those LDC projectors to the inside of the thing in the event the old one fails? They can be set to project from the rear with no problem. The only issue is hookups, not sure what it would take.

Sony-VPLHS50-LCD-PROJECTOR.gif

I was just thinking about nearly the same thing...

But Putting the projector in the CP and doing front projection.

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:
I was just thinking about nearly the same thing...

But Putting the projector in the CP and doing front projection.

... why not get a SG and hook it up to a nice CP( sit down size).. then projected ij to your living room

like on the bottom left pic's in this link
http://www.homegamearcade.com/wst_page2.html

Last edited:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
gibbous said:

My buddy built a Supergun using one of these things, a Big Red Control Pannel, and a 1 slot mobo. Its awsome if anythings awsome.

If the screen is still bright and clear on that cab, I wouldn't think that its going to die soon. Bright screens are usually healthy screens.