Tell me about Hong Kong...

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
What to see and do there? What areas to avoid? How safe is it? What's the easiest and cheapest way to get around? Expensive or nah?

etc.

no aaron i'm not going to meet you

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
not going to add anything of worth to this thread, just wanted to say, you lucky sob, it's one place in the world I would love to visit seems absolutely amazing and beautiful.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'm going to Hong Kong International next year, how safe is it?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Hong Kong Star Walk was ok, got to see Bruce Lee statue & really nice view of the city. Ocean Park has pandas. The market was fun doing haggling buying fake stuff.

During our stay there was a big storm so we were limited in doing a lot of things like Ngong Ping 360 & checking out all the Buddhas....

If you can you should go to Macau, its only about an hour away by speed boat. Its like little Vegas but has the best Egg Tart you will ever have. I want to go back just for that.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
not going to add anything of worth to this thread, just wanted to say, you lucky sob, it's one place in the world I would love to visit seems absolutely amazing and beautiful.

Nothing is set yet, earliest date would be 2019. One of the few places I'm interested in and where I probably don't have to worry about getting blown up or run over by musrats (so this disqualifies most of europe by now)

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I love the food, I would wander aimlessly with wife and just eat at random places.

Other than that, I have no suggestion as HK is basically a giant shopping mall.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'm like a day's train ride from Hong Kong retard. And you'd need a visa for China anyway. I've given up on meeting you so fuck it

HK's tiny. You can do everything you'd need to do within a couple of days. You should do a daytrip to Macau while you're there. You'll stay at Chungking Mansions if you go to HK. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chungking_Mansions

I don't understand why you're scared of visiting southeast Asia. Way, way more fun than Japan and Hong Kong. Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia - all more fun than Japan.

edit:

Other than that, I have no suggestion as HK is basically a giant shopping mall.

Yeah what Lastblade said. You can go to the top of Victoria's Peak, get a picture with Bruce Lee's statue, uhhh is Fei Long's SSFII background still there? I have no idea maybe you can see it, but probably gone. I guess Cheng Sinzan's Fatal Fury 2 background is still there though, the Floating JUMBO restaurant: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumbo_Kingdom

http://www.taringa.net/posts/imagen...a-real-los-escenarios-de-juegos-de-lucha.html

EDIT 2: honestly I think you would really dig South Korea. it's like a Japan-lite.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Ralfakick please tell me more about Kowloon's Gate and if it came out in your country.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Ralfakick please tell me more about Kowloon's Gate and if it came out in your country.

Never came out over here, I believe the issue was the amount of text that needed to be translated. I actually have a copy of the limited edition version that came with a bound book I got with a bunch of other imports, I never was able to get too far with it. I remember it being kind of in the vein of "D" meets Shenmue. I know it has cult status in Japan

Doing a quick google search there is a PS4 VR version coming out in Japan

https://killscreen.com/versions/japanese-cult-classic-found-way-virtual-reality-20-years-later

Last edited:

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
I am taking my family to Hong Kong during Thanksgiving holidays. HK is very safe and there are police constable patrolling the streets.

My question is what do you prefer? Sight seeing or shopping? How many days are you planning to stay?

Transportation is not cheap. The easiest way to get around is by MTR (subway and train) and you can get a day pass for $8.5 USD as a tourist: (NOTE: single trip could cost you $1 to $2.5 USD)

http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/tickets/day_pass_tourist.html

I would highly recommend you to get an "Octopus card" at the airport as you can pay for goods and public transportation: (NOTE: if you have a MTR day pass, do not use the Octopus card to pay for entrance)

https://www.octopus.com.hk/home/en/index.html

What to see and do there? What areas to avoid? How safe is it? What's the easiest and cheapest way to get around? Expensive or nah?

Last edited:

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
For electronics the golden shopping building is where it's at, lots of console games etc new and old last I was there. If you take the subway go to sham shui po, and exit at fuk wah st. It's pretty safe because you will most likely be twice the size of half the island. Everyone can speak a bit of English too so easy to buy stuff (probably thanks to being British ruled for 100 years.) food is dirt cheap, all memory cards are bootleg and shitty so avoid any electronics like that. Toy stores have some cool stuff even at a chain like a Toys R Us. Arcades are a mix and I can't remember the address to any off the top of my head. Lots of tours you can take that will take you up the mountain and check out the touristy stuff. And if you want you can hop on a hover craft and jet over to China real quick and check out like shen zhen and play a game called try to find anything that's not just a cheap rip off.