TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2

megashock_330

Zero's Secretary
GET READY FOR TEH NEXT BATTLE :dragf::A::B::C::D:

intro vid:

(i searched but there was no official thread on this game?? :conf: mods plz delete or merge if there is, i couldnt find one)

console official release date us: 11 sept 2012
console official release date eu: 14 sept 2012

(according to ign)

game features:
-6+ mode's according to wiki:
"Arcade, Versus, Team Battle, Time Attack and Survival, a new mode called Fight Lab allows players to train a Combot through various challenges."

-also, "channel mode" acording to gamezone.com:
"The Tekken Channel mode lets players watch rematches of their fights to study later, or maybe share their fights with friends for bragging rights."

-"item moves" (console only) :eek:

-gameplay stuff from arcade version like 2-character tag team's, tag throws, tag combo's, breakable stage's

full character roster (acording to wiki)
Alex (console exclusive)
Alisa Bosconovitch
Angel (console DLC)
Ancient Ogre (console DLC)
Anna Williams
Armor King II
Asuka Kazama
Baek Doo San
Bob Richards
Bruce Irvin
Bryan Fury
Christie Monteiro
Combot (console exclusive)
Craig Marduk
Devil Jin
Eddy Gordo
Feng Wei
Forest Law (console exclusive)
Ganryu
Heihachi Mishima
Hwoarang
Jack-6
Jin Kazama
Jinpachi Mishima
Julia Chang / Jaycee
Jun Kazama
Kazuya Mishima / Devil Kazuya
King II
Kuma II
Kunimitsu (console DLC)
Lars Alexandersson
Lee Chaolan / Violet
Lei Wulong
Leo Kliesen
Lili de Rochefort
Ling Xiaoyu
Marshall Law
Michelle Chang (console DLC)
Miguel Caballero Rojo
Mokujin
Nina Williams
Panda
Paul Phoenix
Prototype Jack (console exclusive)
Raven
Roger Jr.
Sergei Dragunov
Steve Fox
Tiger Jackson (console exclusive)
True Ogre
Unknown (unplayable in the arcade version)
Wang Jinrei
Yoshimitsu
Zafina

us preorder bonuses: (acording to tekken.com)
GAMESTOP EDITION
FEATURES
- Big Bikini Bundle with over 100 swimsuits
- XBLA Yoshimitsu & Raven Avatars or PSN Tempest Theme
- Snoop Dogg Stage
- Early Access to Kunimitsu, Ancient Ogre, Michelle Chang and Angel

BEST BUY EDITION
FEATURES
- Snoop Dogg Stage
- Early Access to Michelle Chang and Angel

AMAZON EDITION
FEATURES
- Snoop Dogg Stage
- Early Access to Michelle Chang and Angel

STANDARD EDITION (Target)
FEATURES
MULTIPLAYER MATCH, PAIR PLAY, FIGHT LAB, LARGEST PLAYABLE ROSTER, NEW STAGES, ENVIRONMENTAL FX, NEW MOVES, ONLINE FEATURES, AND OFFLINE BATTLE MODES.

eu preorder bonuses: can't find anything reliable on teh net :( except this vid form namco eu:

i think thats it, did i miss anything?? :eye:

megashock_330

Zero's Secretary
and yea i preordered with game stop :oh_no:

not for teh AWSOME SNOOP DOGG STUFF!!! :angry: but b/c it come's w/unlocked char's instead of waiting for dlc :smirk:

my arcade's dont have this game :oh_no: so my first team's are prolly gonna be:

-young heihachi :buttrock: & kazuya
-both king's :buttrock:
-bryan + bruce :mr_t:

anybody else gettin this??

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
torrents' been going kind of slow. should be done this evening though.

:spock:

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
too many damn fighting games! I was looking forward to this one, I'm not a tekken player but I always did play tekken games on a casual level and TTT was always the favorite, but I'm kinda broke and too deep into virtua fighter now.... give me some damn time with a game you fucking game companies. Fighting games take too much time to just pickup every damn flavor of the month game that gets released even if they are good games...Market is wayyyy oversaturated.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Looking forward to it, I wonder how these 16:9 games will look in 4:3 in VGA on my cab? Are they playable? Does it work? otherwise I'm going to find it hard playing them.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
Looking forward to it, I wonder how these 16:9 games will look in 4:3 in VGA on my cab? Are they playable? Does it work? otherwise I'm going to find it hard playing them.

some better than others, but they are all playable IMO. Usually you get black bars but even then it's totally playable.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
And this game is where I draw the line. I'm not gonna play any new games. There is just too much on my plate. KOF XIII, VF5FS and TTT2 is all I'll ever need for a loooooooooooong time.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
ok, have the game. been playing it for about an hour now.

it seems to play like the original tekken tag, just with much better graphics.

that female character 'Jaycee' looked cool... although move wise, she's basically just a mix of Michelle & King together. she has this one move that made me go "wtf?" where she hits you with her crotch.

anywayz... this is pretty much just like playing any of the other Tekken games over again.

if you're new to Tekken, it's worth buying.. but if you're a tekken veteran and already own previous games, it's probably not worth buying(at least not until it's $20)

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Everything you just posted is kinda way off Zardoz. I also have the torrent (and still intend to buy it Tuesday) but it plays NOTHING like any of the older Tekken games. The closest title to it is 6 because of the bound mechanic. Also Jaycee....is Julia Chang. J-C, get it?

There are so many new system nuances in this that this is definitely worth buying and will keep me busy for a good long time.

O.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member

that female character 'Jaycee' looked cool... although move wise, she's basically just a mix of Michelle & King together. she has this one move that made me go "wtf?" where she hits you with her crotch.

anywayz... this is pretty much just like playing any of the other Tekken games over again.

if you're new to Tekken, it's worth buying.. but if you're a tekken veteran and already own previous games, it's probably not worth buying(at least not until it's $20)

That sounds like a very casual review of the game. If it played like the first Tekken Tag then I wouldn't be complaining all over the place and getting cussed at by everyone for complaining so much. Not to mention everyone who left after the original tag would be playing again and that's not the case.

Everything you just posted is kinda way off Zardoz. I also have the torrent (and still intend to buy it Tuesday) but it plays NOTHING like any of the older Tekken games. The closest title to it is 6 because of the bound mechanic. Also Jaycee....is Julia Chang. J-C, get it?

There are so many new system nuances in this that this is definitely worth buying and will keep me busy for a good long time.

O.

I have heard that they brought back good movement and that the combo timing is actually harder unlike 6 were movement sucked and combos could be done while on autopilot because they were so easy for most of the cast. Is that actually the case? I missed the old days of having bragging rights because I had sick movement skills.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
it does play a heck of a lot like tekken 5 & 6 with the exception of the tagging(which even then is sort of like the tagging in sf x tekken). most moves are still identical, just with a few new ones here & there.

granted, i haven't taken the time yet to explore each character's move list & check to see what's new.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
peace half the virtua fighter scene :( hope to see you guys again if VF6 ever comes and becomes the flavor of the month again.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
peace half the virtua fighter scene :( hope to see you guys again if VF6 ever comes and becomes the flavor of the month again.

Yes that is the one thing I dreaded. VF was like another time passer until the next Tekken. Lots of Tekken players did that during the VF4 Tekken 4 days. They picked up VF for a bit then DROPPED IT like a bad habit and haven't been back until now for Final Showdown. I really hope it doesn't pull too too many people away. Just remember though Complexz you still have me to play against! We'll keep shit on lock.

megashock_330

Zero's Secretary

if u wanna generallize, u can say the same thing abt the entire tekken series :spock:

but theres a little more too it, like new tag combo's & tag throw's, plus like a kajilion more char's, including char's who havent been in tekken for along time like kunimitsu & jun kazama :drool_2:

jc = julia chang

shes michelle changs mom & teh original chang char from tekken 1 & 2

teh story was that tekken 3 take's place 20 year's after tekken 2, in tekken 3 kazuya's dead, his son jin is 20 year's old...all returning char's in tekken 3 are either older (40 year old paul & lei) or children/students of teh original versions (forest law son of marshall law, hwarong student of baek, ect.), or else they where frozen for 20 year's (williams sister's)

then w/tekken 4 teh story just went back to being a annual tournament w/no time gap's

tag 2 is prety much the same except for young heihachi of course :emb:

well...ya...if your not really a tekken fan & u dont realy care about deep gameplay stuff or a handful of new char's, your prolly gonna feel this way :)

this thread is kinda for ppl who actualy care a lil more about tekken then that ;)

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
You got it backwards. Michelle is the original Chang. She is Julia's mom. There's really no real storyline reason why Julia decided to do the whole luchador thing though. But basically JayCee is a nerfed version of 6 Julia (who was beastly) with a new throw game.

Yes Spin, movement is very key to this game. Especially with how high damage is. You better have your BDC down. Also I know we both play Dragunov so I know youre gonna love his new F+3~down cancel. Its his new wall carry. It allows him to do some sick stuff like DF+2, F+4,4,3, F+3~D, F F+2 B! then either your combo ender in open ground or something to push towards the wall. F+3~D is also good juggle filler for Tag Assaults.

I admit im going to focus a little on Tekken for awhile, because thats the main game I play when I travel to tournaments but im not dropping VF at all because its just too good.

O.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
alright....

i have been playing some more and comparing.... i now will say that it plays nearly identical to Tekken 6 with the exception of the tag system. as i said before, graphics definitely better(actually a lot better) & they have made some improvements in the fluidity. as always, each character has a few new moves and combos.

what i like with the whole 'tagging' thing, is that you don't just merely "tag" back & forth, but depending on who you're partner is, you can perform 2-on-1 throws/slams & even help do chain combos.

there do appear to be empty slots for unlockable characters but i am not sure how to unlock them... as with the character customization screen, not sure how to modify your character's appearance/add new costumes, etc... i have a feeling it's going to be DLC stuff you have to pay for.

p.s. obviously i have a jtag 360(well i should say, my nephew insists it's his now).. regardless, i have 2 other non-modded 360's & have a feeling i'm going to get addicted to this game so looks like i'll be buying a copy on tuesday as well. that + my nephew is really screwing with my winning streak on arcade mode (stop losing you jerk!) ;)

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
You got it backwards. Michelle is the original Chang. She is Julia's mom. There's really no real storyline reason why Julia decided to do the whole luchador thing though. But basically JayCee is a nerfed version of 6 Julia (who was beastly) with a new throw game.

Yes Spin, movement is very key to this game. Especially with how high damage is. You better have your BDC down. Also I know we both play Dragunov so I know youre gonna love his new F+3~down cancel. Its his new wall carry. It allows him to do some sick stuff like DF+2, F+4,4,3, F+3~D, F F+2 B! then either your combo ender in open ground or something to push towards the wall. F+3~D is also good juggle filler for Tag Assaults.

I admit im going to focus a little on Tekken for awhile, because thats the main game I play when I travel to tournaments but im not dropping VF at all because its just too good.

O.

It makes my dick tingle to know that movement is back to where it's supposed to be. Tekken 6 was really driving me fucking nuts because I felt powerless at times and that's not normal for somebody like me who adores movement.

Speaking of Dragunov: SEX.FALL.OUT

for inquiring minds, that's Bryan Fury's Tekken 3 music being played. So bad ass.

Last edited:

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I HAD A LOOK THROUGH...
the command lists for certain characters today and had a quick mess with Heihachi, Jin & Jun. With the tag mechanics aside, it did seem much of a Tekken 6 muchness to me. But then I don't play TKN like a pro (like football 'keepy uppys' or when you used to try and keep a Birthday balloon from hitting your living room carpet for the longest time... fun, huh?). Based solely off command inputs, Heihachi had a new double fist cross attack (D+LP+RP), Jin had a new DB+P into RK technique too. That was literally all I clocked for those two. I think there may have been one more each, two at the very max. Jun however...

Wow, I thought she was somewhat amazing. I wasn't convinced by the style change initially (less rigid, more flowing) but after 15 minutes running through her movesets I was really impressed. If I ever end up with this game I think I'll definitely be giving that lady some quality time. She's definitely benefitted from her TTT2 makeover imo.

(p.s. Young Heichachi is stacked btw! he looks phenomenal!!)

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Zardoz: the DLC is all going to be free (except for Tekken tunes). those extra character slots are for Kunimitsu, Angel, Ancient Ogre, and Michelle Chang who will all be FREE DAY 1 DLC for those who preordered it. But if you dont preorder it, just haggle the person at gamestop for an extra DLC code, it costs them NOTHING to give it to you. also the items are earned by rank (BOOOO) but there are 10 slots per character.

with the larger stage size and the tag mechanic, poking really has taken a backseat to movement. its also important to manage your lifebar seeing as how your natsu (rage) is affected by the alignment of your two chosen characters.

O.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
More guides have been released for all of you beginners. It's a lot to take in when you're just reading it but when you actually play the game things will be much easier. It's best used as a reference and not something to totally memorize because simply just playing will make most of these details like 2nd nature.

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2012/9/5/ttt2-beginners-guide-unit-2-types-of-attacks.html

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2012/9/7/ttt2-beginners-guide-unit-3-maximizing-damage.html

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...rs-guide-unit-4-crush-system-and-okizeme.html

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
i've always thought the whole 10-hit combo thing was ok.. why not... but when they started mixing in all these juggles it got kind of ridiculous. it's like once a person's gotten caught in a good combo/juggle they basically just sit there and watch & hopefully have energy left after it's done to actually continue playing. i think if that's the case, then the person who's been hammered should be given some sort of 'come back' move in which they have a 1 - 2 second window to enter in some sort of special attack that initiates a 1-hit kill.... and only the people who have been juggle'd are offered the 1-hit kill ability.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
all i remember about tekken here on the boards is that spinmaster explained to me the story once, and people seem to have issues about throwing their children to volcanoes