teach me vanessa in 2k2

yashiroTCM

Hardened Shock Trooper
I would consider Vanessa to be an Advanced character since she's the fastest of the KOF GIRLS in 2K2, if ur not a quick enough player and you're not a combo intermediate dont even think about masterin' her, but TAKE IT FROM ME, she's a complete murderer... If u master her... I'll kiss your ass

hehe

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
Here are a few 2k2' combos with Vanessa.

Opponent in corner:
Jump D->stand C-> <-charge->+A->qcf(X2)+C

Stand C->F+A(1 hit)->DP+A->qcf(X2)+C.

Korigama

Ghost of Captain Kidd
A simple (yet powerful) combo that's quite useful:

close standing C -> HCF+C (keep tapping C)

Something else to keep in mind:

her DP+C can be used to reflect projectiles :D

Ken Masters

Another Striker
Vanesa the Queen of punching, one question is it me or does she play almost exactly like Rick from RB2?

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
I can help you Cranky.

What exaclty do you want to know? Are you familiar with her movelist?

Last edited:

Cranky

Dodgeball Yakuza
Diavle18 said:
I can help you Cranky.

What exaclty do you want to know? Are you familiar with her movelist?

movelist? yeah, but give the moves as hcf+p etc, i don't like calling it by name (puncher weaving etc). strats, combos will help me a lot.

thank you :D

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
Shit, I completely forgot about this. Expect a helpful post by next post.

Last edited:

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
Vanessa:

Her jCD is very effective and has great reach.

Her dfB is a great sweep and has great range. More inportantly, it can be comboed and doesn't lose its sweep ability in the process.

Her fA is an excellent overhead. Its very decieving and has great priority. You know how you run up to someone to attack and their wake up move is a DM? This move would either win (usually) or exchange hits, never connect (of all the times I've used it and I use it often).

Her QCB+P dodge is great for high attacks. If someone does a jD on you, the initial doge would dodge that and you can follow that up. Quite safe.

HCF+P is great and very damaging, especially in combos. Great tick damage too. Don't forget to tap punch, there will be more hits.

Her QCF or QCB+K are great dodges and the A version follow-up can followed up with the QCF QCF+P DM. (Charge) B+F+A can also be followed up with the same DM. Whats great is the DM is a juggle, not a supercancel.

Her QCB QCF+P DM has great priority and has a SDM version. Eventhough it looks like her teleport move, it (unlike them) does not go under fireballs.

DP+A is good for combos, eats up firballs and can be followed up in the corner with QCF QCF+P DM or another normal move. DP+C can be super cancled and from what I hear can deflect firballs. Can be used as an anti-air as well.

QCF QCF+P DM needs to be blocked high (very decieving) and can be used as an ant-air.

Cranky

Dodgeball Yakuza
yay!
*Cranky salutes Diavle*

now to learn and kick ass with the 100%, 2 stock consuming combo. :emb: :emb: :emb:

cheers.

AHAHAHA! i'll terrorize the arcade early December after my final exams.

oh, cheers again. :D :D :D

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
I am not an expert vanessa user but i believe she has an infinite in 2k2.Haven't tried it out...

Her teleport move is very useful in 2k2 and can be cancelled after a juggle and can be used again.

BusterWolf

n00b
Ken Masters said:
Vanesa the Queen of punching, one question is it me or does she play almost exactly like Rick from RB2?

Yeah, she does play a lot like Rick. As much as I love Vanessa, I think it'd be killer to actually see Rick in a KOF game.... but that's just me.

David Fallows

Sieger's Squire
BusterWolf said:
I think it'd be killer to actually see Rick in a KOF game.... but that's just me.

No it's not motherfucker, it's me too.

Imagine Rick, Axel Hawk and Franco Bash on the same team! That'd send me over the motherfucking edge.