Taito Type X2 Hacked to run on Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

partypooper

Not so MEGA, eh?
You're either being deliberately obtuse, or you don't know what the word, "emulation," actually means.

Or, I know what the word emulation means and can't wait for the game to be emulated. This forum is entertaining.

Burnsro

Rugal's Thug
Unless you are using the actual arcade hardware then you are emulating it on your PC. Makes sense.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Unless you are using the actual arcade hardware then you are emulating it on your PC. Makes sense.

Or you don't know the difference between simulation and emulation.

Fucking idiots.

partypooper

Not so MEGA, eh?
Or you don't know the difference between simulation and emulation.

Fucking idiots.

Or, running code that wasn't developed to be executed on everyday PCs might not play the same as it would on it's original hardware despite it not being immediately apparent (read: SSF2T). So much for that, "native windows code" bullshit.

Fucking idiot.

Deuce

Or, running code that wasn't developed to be executed on everyday PCs might not play the same as it would on it's original hardware despite it not being immediately apparent (read: SSF2T). So much for that, "native windows code" bullshit.

The games were developed for one specific hardware configuration. It's still the same PC architecture, running the Windows OS. Running the exact same code on a different hardware configuration doesn't mean you're emulating anything.

The only thing special about this setup for the Type-X games is that the launcher provides a software means of circumventing the hardware encryption.

Black Shroud

Mr. Big's Thug
I would call it "adjusted to run on any PC, as opposed to running only on "TaitoX2" PC edition"

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I believe the actual term is simulation, not emulation.

But yeah, its a windows 32bit executable, it'll run on XP embedded or XP professional.

Deuce

It's not even adjusted. There's just a loader file to trick the original code into thinking it's running on it's native platform.

NEOFREAK9189

Sakura's Bank Manager
20 Year Member
I download a new dump of Blazblue now work 100%
I hope the dump SF4 Taito X2 version

Black Shroud

Mr. Big's Thug
He also says that roms dumped by him wont be distributed; that people asking for them will be reported; that games from Taito platform is shitty, and that MAME team sucks.
That topic is only good for providing description of Taito security system and the ways to get around it. Funny, he said that there were ways to bypass security of same security dongle type that was implemented in Taito arcades, BEFORE they implemented it. They basically went for the cheapest PC/security configuration possible.

Last edited:
Tried BBCS on my laptop yesterday, games works fine, except its too slow (its a shitty laptop). Gonna buy a new PC soon, so will make sure that this stuff works on it :)

Now please bring on Sega Lindbergh and Examu Ex-Board and we'll be set ^_^

Unless they bring the games on those systems on PS3...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Although is exciting to hear the news and all I have to say I'm pretty content with the console game, however I would very much like to play BBCS and any other future games that may not be ported 'cause I just don't see getting into the TypeX-2 hardware at all.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Samurai Shodown Sen arcade dump: Do want. I don't plan on ever getting XBOX

Black Shroud

Mr. Big's Thug
Since apparently those dumps will be released in single package, and package wont be complete without KOF XIII, the release is postponed until KOF XIII gets released

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
hah - I'm not really 'one of those' I just want to try it - I doubt I'll ever run into the arcade cab anywhere. Although a consolized Taito X2 or Atomiswave might be in my future

Deuce

Oh gimme gimme. I want for free.

It's not out yet. Only BBCS has been released. The only other Type-X game that anyone other than a certain persona non grata here has is Chaos Breaker (and that's X1, not X2), and I only know that because I have it. And no, I'm not sharing. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.