Taito Type X2 Hacked to run on Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Deuce, where you been 'maine? Hope all is well. Finaly got my fishtank up and running- thx again for your help. If you ever wanna play SSSen or anything, hit me up. My xbl handle/gamercard is in my sig. *back on topic* reading that other X/X^2 games out there gives me hope. . .i played a game at TGS back in '04 that i belive was on a X rig. Can't remember the name, and it is driving me crazy. It was a 2D fighter with a sword/sorcery theme. Hope to come across it again now that the type-X(s) have been cracked.

Dominic Cobb

Banned, SCAMMER, , This Account is Casey Michael "
Deuce, where you been 'maine? Hope all is well. Finaly got my fishtank up and running- thx again for your help. If you ever wanna play SSSen or anything, hit me up. My xbl handle/gamercard is in my sig. *back on topic* reading that other X/X^2 games out there gives me hope. . .i played a game at TGS back in '04 that i belive was on a X rig. Can't remember the name, and it is driving me crazy. It was a 2D fighter with a sword/sorcery theme. Hope to come across it again now that the type-X(s) have been cracked.

That would be Dark Awake / Chaos Breaker which was originally a Sega Naomi game before Eolith moved it to the Taito Type X. Eolith was also responsible for a few of the King Of Fighters games post SNK.

Dominic Cobb

That would be Dark Awake / Chaos Breaker.

Celestein

n00b
Since someone needs an original copy to release a "hacked"(I chuckle a bit every-time I think of what you do to X2 as "hacking"), it means the people who do this kind of work have a financial incentive to not release it, since they can make bootlegs to sell, or if they actually run an arcade it reduces the value of what they actually bought if it's freely available.

Which is why you ussually only see "bootlegs" and maybe a few copies floating around to trusted friends.

Somewhere along the chain the hackers need to buy the game or know someone who did, that is the core of the rarity in being able to download these things.

Course that doesn't explain why super-cheap games aren't available I suppose, I have 6 legit X/X2 games, maybe just no one cares to hack KoF MIRA or Battle Fantasia? lol.

Last edited:

DJ Long Cat

Armored Scrum Object
Since someone needs an original copy to release a "hacked"(I chuckle a bit every-time I think of what you do to X2 as "hacking"), it means the people who do this kind of work have a financial incentive to not release it, since they can make bootlegs to sell, or if they actually run an arcade it reduces the value of what they actually bought if it's freely available.

Which is why you ussually only see "bootlegs" and maybe a few copies floating around to trusted friends.

Somewhere along the chain the hackers need to buy the game or know someone who did, that is the core of the rarity in being able to download these things.

Course that doesn't explain why super-cheap games aren't available I suppose, I have 6 legit X/X2 games, maybe just no one cares to hack KoF MIRA or Battle Fantasia? lol.

No one plays those games anymore. Who would buy them?

You do realize there's such a thing as a private release, right? Not EVERYONE is a deceitful piece of shit. Just the overwhelming majority.

I hope your words taste like your great-grandfather's taint.

Don't impugn my integrity again. I don't make shit up and I DO NOT LIE. If I say I have something, I have it.

"I wanted to see what you'd do. And you didn't disappoint."

I take anything on the internet about "OH I HAVE THIS THING THAT NO ONE ELSE HAS BUT I CAN'T GIVE PROOF". I once had a guy claim so hard that he had Halo 3 for PC hacked.

Most people on the internet are liars of the highest degree, but you sir are not and for that I formally apologize.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
i played a game at TGS back in '04 that i believe was on a X rig. Can't remember the name, and it is driving me crazy. It was a 2D fighter with a sword/sorcery theme. Hope to come across it again now that the type-X(s) have been cracked.

Perhaps it was Spectral VS. Generation?

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
Apology accepted; no hard feelings.

aww thats cute. stop pussy footing around and tell how you got these. Did you just get lucky by finding a limited release someone was doing, or did you know the people responsible?

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,

sounds like chaos breaker, it just came out on JPN psn as "dead awake"

no idea if its a good game or not but I think its what your talking about

Black Shroud

Mr. Big's Thug
There seem to be design differences for few characters in Dark Awake compared to original Chaos Breaker; like main character now looks like generic Warrior class instead of Conan the Barbarian

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
sounds like chaos breaker, it just came out on JPN psn as "dead awake"

no idea if its a good game or not but I think its what your talking about

Chaos Breaker it was. Thx for the 411. Honestly, i'm not sure how it plays myself. . .i watched eight-one play it and it looked fun. Thought i would get back to it, and never did. Stoked now that I've got the name. . .the hunt for the game can commence.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
aww thats cute. stop pussy footing around and tell how you got these. Did you just get lucky by finding a limited release someone was doing, or did you know the people responsible?

You'll just have to keep wondering, won't you?

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member

:oh_no: greedy kids :oh_no: If you cant find it you dont deserve to have it. The reason these things dont spread out every where is people with this attitude right here.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
The most fascinating thing about the video was seeing what you look like.

Dominic Cobb

From my understanding there are currently about 20 different type X games floating around.

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
Deuce was it a one time private release or are they still floating in the net?

Just so i don't waste days looking for things that are just not out there anymore.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
One-time release. I highly doubt more than five people have it.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
It's funny how you bothered to make that video with the title cards and everything. And the l337 award goes to...

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
What's strange about him?

He looks normal to me...for what you can see from a reflection on the monitor

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
He could show some enthusiasm while on the camera... he looks like he's melting on the camera and doesn't even care.

Status
Not open for further replies.