sweet vehicle for hauling cabs

SuperGunGuru

Galford's Armourer
Found this pic at the KLOV forums. :lol:
189ab7c7.jpg

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
HAHA, It looks like it's got Michigan plates on it SuperGun...not sure..

I'm gonna go surf RGVAC, there are some great pics on there...You CAN fit a full size cab in a ford Fiesta, Let me find the pic...

SuperGunGuru

Galford's Armourer
In the same thread I found these pictures, someone said they saw a dedicated MK 1 standing up in the back of a pick-up at an auction. Apparently the buyer didn't strap it down at all and it nearly fell over as they made the turn out of the lot. They stopped for a second and then continued on their way.

When I got my dedicated MK2 ( :drool: ) I made sure to protect that thing and secure it to the truck and boy was it put to the test. Only 5 mins from safely getting the cab home, we encountered a deer attempting to cross the rode. My sister's bf was driving the truck and he swerved to avoid the deer. Somehow we didn't hit the deer and somehow MK2 stayed put. :eek:

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
It actually looks like a Minnesota plate.... wonder where it was taken.

northernsoul

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
My wife was thinking of buying a second car, so i manged to talk her into buying a minivan just so i could pick up my Candy Cab. it was a sweet fit and saved me from borrowing my neighbours truck-who i would hate to owe a favour to.

SuperGunGuru

Galford's Armourer
Grinwing said:
It actually looks like a Minnesota plate.... wonder where it was taken.
It is indeed MN plates according to the KLOV thread. The guy who took the pictures took them at an auction in Wisconsin, making it even more hilarious to think they'd try to drive that far with the cab.

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
EEK!!

The only auction that happens regularly that I know of is in Milwaukee! That is on the other side of the state from MN.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
before I had roof racks, My friends and I would put a blanket on the roof and set my canoe down on top.

We would have to hold it in place with our hands while driving.

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
I scheduled the pick up of my 4-slot cab way in advance so I could use my company cargo van.

I get there, fresh paint on the cab, looks good.
laid down thick blankets on the vans sliding deck, and put it in.
Strapped it down and used more towels to pad the straps.

Drove that bitch 45 mins home, driving slooow as hell the whole time almost.
Unload it my house, actually get it into the house, about 4 ft from its final spot.....

sister's dip shit BF insisted on using the hand truck instead of letting me do it myself..... dumb ass drug it down the side of my kitchen bar, then into the edge of my couch.

Nice permanent rub marks on the side now, I love looking at it.... just love it. He offered to "fix" it, but I said no way...its bad enough already.

Waited almost my whole childhood for one of these, spent 3 months finding one in good shape, that worked great too... only to have some California homeboy fuck it up :mad:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Damn, I wish I had of taken a picture of what I did back in '90 or '91 but who knew the internet would turn out to be what it's become.
I was searching the classifieds looking for Amiga hardware and found a deal for a 500. While I was at this guys home, I noticed he had a ROC'N ROPE in his garage and asked if he would be interested in selling it. He practically gave it to me and helped me wedge in the top portion of the cab to the top of it's monitor area leaving alot exposed into this Chevy Impala ( A rugged tuff 80's vehicle) I was driving at the time protruding out.It was a miracle that this cab didn't fall out as I drove on the highway and It was a miracle I didn't get pulled over by the police. Other driver's were passing me with the look of amazement in their faces and probably commenting on how brain dead I must be... heh.
GOOD TIMES
-BB

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
I still have an amiga 500/1000 conversion hooked up and functional in my room :D ... getting back on topic... is that guy as dumb as he looks?... it looks like the strap he's using is strapped into the trunk... oy vey... it must have fallen off and shattered on the highway.

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
heh...

Well, we've got the before... I would truly love to see the after...

SuperGunGuru said:
Found this pic at the KLOV forums. :lol:
189ab7c7.jpg