SvC - start of a new series?

Retaliator

Armored Scrum Object
What do you guys think: Will SvC stay a one-shot or turn into a series like KoF?

Thing is, SvC didn`t get a number now like KoF did with its first installment (KoF `94) so chances are quite slim we`ll see SvC `04 and so on in the future imo.

Does SNK Playmore even have the rights to do several games with Capcom characters or just the one they did?

Just curious...

neoty26

Not so MEGA, eh?
If another one does it will be something like SvC 2 Chaos or they will just change chaos to another word.

As for another one, if it does good they will probaly consider it.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Well, I know there was a contract for how many games were to be made by the respective companies. I *think* this was the last one in the contract, but I may be wrong.

SNK may have blown their allotment on the NGPC titles.

Hopefully there will be more, but don't hold your breath.

evasyar

Genjuro's Frog,
VanillaThunder:
Well, I know there was a contract for how many games were to be made by the respective companies. I *think* this was the last one in the contract, but I may be wrong.

if that is true and the allotment was expired (capcom had cvs1 and cvs2, then snkp had svc:motm and svc chaos), they might extend since capcom might want another sequel to cvs2. i guess it just depends on whom courts who on another extention of IP rights for the snkp/capcom cross-over games. i am sure capcom would want to make another cvs...

it would be hard for snkp to make this into a series since they have to worry about the capcom side character ip rights as overhead. it will not be cheap.

what snkp should prolly do is stick to the snk universe of cross-overs like expand kof to include all the characters thus far in the snk universe, like WH, LB, NM, RBFF, SS, AOF, WW7, burning fight, ninja combat, shock troopers, create an snk universe battle royale. it is not that hard to make up a story that would cause the other characters (in their respective time-line) to meet in a battle royale tournament.
:D

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
evasyar:
VanillaThunder:

if that is true and the allotment was expired (capcom had cvs1 and cvs2, then snkp had svc:motm and svc chaos), they might extend since capcom might want another sequel to cvs2. i guess it just depends on whom courts who on another extention of IP rights for the snkp/capcom cross-over games. i am sure capcom would want to make another cvs...

it would be hard for snkp to make this into a series since they have to worry about the capcom side character ip rights as overhead. it will not be cheap.

what snkp should prolly do is stick to the snk universe of cross-overs like expand kof to include all the characters thus far in the snk universe, like WH, LB, NM, RBFF, SS, AOF, WW7, burning fight, ninja combat, shock troopers, create an snk universe battle royale. it is not that hard to make up a story that would cause the other characters (in their respective time-line) to meet in a battle royale tournament.
I don't think Capcom will do another game. CvS2 was not a breakaway hit like they expected and although it's doing fairly well on the consoles, they've stated they're done with 2-d fighting games for now and they're pulling out of the arcades.

If it's going to come, expect it from SNK. That being said, who knows what they will do. This game will have to be a hit for it to be viable. On top of that, they'll have to do something about the properties.

I'd like to see it.. but for now, just be happy with this new release and enjoy it.

Also, if it comes out, I wouldn't be surprised if it's not an MVS game. With all of the talk of moving to Atomiswave and the fact SNK is supporting two "dead" consoles (DC and NG) it could very well come out on that. The Atomiswave is a DC, hardware wise and pushes out some serious power. I'd think they'd want their game to look its best and I wouldn't be surprised if all this Sammy talk is an inroad to that.

We shall see...

evasyar

Genjuro's Frog,
Amano Jacu:
Don't forget about SNK vs Capcom Card Clash for NGPC.
@ amano jacu - ohhhhh that's right! so snkp used the ip about three times vs capcom's two.... hhmmmmmmmmmmmm... interesting.

VanillaThunder:
I don't think Capcom will do another game. CvS2 was not a breakaway hit like they expected and although it's doing fairly well on the consoles, they've stated they're done with 2-d fighting games for now and they're pulling out of the arcades.

If it's going to come, expect it from SNK. That being said, who knows what they will do. This game will have to be a hit for it to be viable. On top of that, they'll have to do something about the properties.
@ VT - if this part is indeed true, then the less likehood that snkp would continue this on as a series as eventually it'll cost them money instead of ip use as trade agreement. if capcom did pull out of arcades and discontinued any possiblities of cvs development, then snkp would end up courting capcom for ip rights to include street fighter characters in an snkp game. in short, snkp would need the capcom ip more, and capcom would demand some substantial amount (definitely not CHEAP) for use of their capcom characters. it was not like before were there was mutual gain for both companies so they just flat out traded rights of the character ip usage.

more than probable we may not see a sequel in the future... :(

all the more reason that snkp, should they develop another cross-over "dream match" fighting game, they should just stick with the snk universe side of things. less overhead that way. i believe that snk does have much more diversely interesting characters than capcom, but not to say that capcom does not have some of the most coolest videogame fighting characters ever developed. damn it snkp should just stay in the snk yard and capcom should stay on their own yard! :D

<small>[ July 28, 2003, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: evasyar ]</small>

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Your all forgetting CvS:Pro. I would think that counts as a game release as well.

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
That's not what I've heard (on the 2d front anyway). A Capcom insider has said that they are apparently working on SF4 for next year (anniversary year) and that it will blow Guilty Gear's graphics out of the water. Also, the person said that they are working on a "boxset" of the early "VS." games for the big 3 platforms, including X-Men vs. SF, Marvel vs. SF, and Marvel vs. Capcom. But this is all word of mouth mind you, so don't kill the messanger.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
SNK: Card Fighters Clash
Card Fighters Clash 2
Match of the Mellenium
SVC: Chaos

Capcom: Capcom vs. SNK
Capcom vs. SNK Pro
Capcom vs. SNK 2
Capcom vs. SNK2 EO

Looks even to me!

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I hope they leave it without a sequal. Well, at least for a couple years. This is one of those games I don't want to ever see getting outdated by a newer, better version.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
VanillaThunder:
evasyar:
VanillaThunder:

I'd like to see it.. but for now, just be happy with this new release and enjoy it.

Also, if it comes out, I wouldn't be surprised if it's not an MVS game. With all of the talk of moving to Atomiswave and the fact SNK is supporting two "dead" consoles (DC and NG) it could very well come out on that. The Atomiswave is a DC, hardware wise and pushes out some serious power. I'd think they'd want their game to look its best and I wouldn't be surprised if all this Sammy talk is an inroad to that.

We shall see...
As far as I know, CVS2 was actually a break away hit on the Xbox. It was so good, there were rumblings in Microsoft to port SF3 with Xbox live support. CVS2 is the first sucessful online fighting game.

edit: Apparently the SF3 rumor started after MVC2 didn't ship with online support. CVS2 made good money for capcom and microsoft.

<small>[ July 28, 2003, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: the roker ]</small>