SVC is tight, wtf...

aegreatone

Sieger's Squire
is ya'll boys talking bout'? Out of all my xbox, dreamcast, sega saturn saturn games with SNK ports, SVC get's played the most when my homeboyz come around and we just play all day. Well, besides Metal Slug on the Saturn.

lot of people talk about how this game is "broken". so what, my homeboys are not pro snk fight gamers. So, they cant tell worth a shit.

I like this game, if it was not for this game, my homeboyz wouldn't have given SNK fighters another look, because of it, now they wanna play the KOF series.

I dont know, it was enjoyable, imo.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Just for clarification, are you referring to SNK Playmore's "SNK vs. CAPCOM: SVC CHAOS," or CAPCOM's "CAPCOM vs. SNK: Millenium Fight 2000" and "CAPCOM vs. SNK 2: Millionaire Fighting 2001" (retitled in the U.S. as "Mark of the Millenium 2001")?

--Chris

aegreatone

Sieger's Squire
Dash no Chris said:
Just for clarification, are you referring to SNK Playmore's "SNK vs. CAPCOM: SVC CHAOS," or CAPCOM's "CAPCOM vs. SNK: Millenium Fight 2000" and "CAPCOM vs. SNK 2: Millionaire Fighting 2001" (retitled in the U.S. as "Mark of the Millenium 2001")?

--Chris

SNK VS CAPCOM: SVC CHAOS

aegreatone

Sieger's Squire
Magnaflux said:
What a shitty game. No wonder you like it. :kekeke:

I also like World Heros as well. Way better than that overrated, crappy ass, shitty ass AOF series, now that's shitty.

if anybody else thinks it's shitty and you got the AES, hand it over, i be more than glad to take it off ya hands.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
aegreatone said:
lot of people talk about how this game is "broken". so what, my homeboys are not pro snk fight gamers. So, they cant tell worth a shit.
That's most people. Because they just play to have fun. They're not practicing elaborate strategies for 6 hours a day in order to walk away with a $500 check from some tournament in Bumblefuck, Florida. They are just relaxing and enjoying themselves.

The problem is, nobody here ever wants to admit to that. I'd guess about 75% of the people here are always trying to pretend they are more competetive players than they are, for whatever reason. Some really are, and you can see the stuff they can do in videos or whatever. And I'm sure a lot of people here are really good in one game -- the one they like above the rest. But I think most of them hover around the average level for the rest of the games. I think most people here have never been in a real tournament, and if you forced them to think about it, wouldn't really have an interest in being in one.

SVC has some weird hitbox things, and the Sagat fireball thing, and charge moves like for Guile are an adjustment and whatever, but if your friends aren't dicks who just pick Shin Akuma and Shin Mr. Karate over and over and over again, the game can be a lot of fun to mess with.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I just recently purchased a copy of this game and must say I am a bit disappointed. Sure, it looks nice but everything just seems out of balance. Some moves take off too much energy, others do little to nothing. All the Capcom characters seem out of whack. I don’t know what it is but I was really disappointed.

KoF or some of the Samurai Showdown titles are much more playable.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I knew there was a reason I wanted you free.

I still love SvC: Chaos.

Could care less about the bugs and lopsidded tier list. It's simply a fun game to me.

aegreatone

Sieger's Squire
soulthug said:
~lol neo-geo playing "Gangsterz"

we dont play "NEO-GEO". Dont have an AES. Just home consoles, hence, SNK ports. Wish i could afford a "neo-geo" though. And the homeboys I play with ain't "Gangsterz"...you mind doing me a favor, you mind not speaking a whole lot of bullshit lies. You dont know me or my friends. And you sterotyping. That shit ain't cool. I know you just trying to be funny but that shit's really gettin annoying and old.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
aegreatone said:

I'm with you on this one. I like SVC Chaos a lot. The gameplay mechanics are different from many of the other SNK fighting games, but in no way could I consider it "broken".

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Zenimus said:
I'm with you on this one. I like SVC Chaos a lot. The gameplay mechanics are different from many of the other SNK fighting games, but in no way could I consider it "broken".
Oh, it's broken all right. It's just that to normal people, it's not really noticable or a big deal. It's like the movie 'They Live' without the sunglasses.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I’m not the best fighter player in the world but I can say I’m decent. I keep having problems playing this game. I can’t seem to get “in a groove” like I do with KoF or Samurai Showdown titles. Possibly that’s why I’m not the biggest fan of it.

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
I tried really hard to like SVC Chaos ... I really did. My problem was that the lack of down-away charging for characters like Guile completely ruins him for me. That pretty much leave me with Ryu and Ken and really, they're just not as interesting to play as Terry or Kyo ... and if I'm playing them, I may as well just play KOF.

When it came down to whether I would order KOF2003 or SVC Chaos, that's what did it for me ... KOF is just plain more fun to me.

That said, I'm still planning to get SVC Chaos. That way I can play against people who don't really know SNK fighters and aren't comfortable with the KOF games or whatever. I play Terry, they play Ryu or someone, and I can wipe the floor with them with a clear conscience since they "knew the moves" already. :D

Garou[ryu]

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Cool game.Great backgrounds(the forrest streambed level is one of my all time fav backgrounds wish i saw more like it) cool character roster with alot of very fresh character ideas. but the game is rushed imo the balence is not right,i wish they would release a second one that was playtested a bit more.

kasumi is the shit in that game and guile is one cheap son of a bitch

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Abasuto said:
I knew there was a reason I wanted you free.

I still love SvC: Chaos.

Could care less about the bugs and lopsidded tier list. It's simply a fun game to me.

Pains me to agree with him, but I love SVC. Despite the clicks and whistles just "written" about it by aegretone...mayne

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Murray said:
I tried really hard to like SVC Chaos ... I really did. My problem was that the lack of down-away charging for characters like Guile completely ruins him for me.
Spend some more time with it. You can charge back-down. But you just need to roll the stick to back before you do the forward. Like I said, it's an adjustment. But you get used to it, and I've played people online who can spam Sonic Booms as fast and easilly as in any SF game.

Murray said:
When it came down to whether I would order KOF2003 or SVC Chaos, that's what did it for me ... KOF is just plain more fun to me.
Well yeah, same for me. I don't hate SVC the way a lot of people do, but there's no contest for me... I'd choose KOF '03 in a second. No contest at all. I just wish Kasumi was in it. I love her in SVC. When your opponent blunders into her exceed, it's one of the most beautiful things... It's been a near controller-thrower a couple times.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
I tried to like the game too but it's simply to awful to waste time on when there are so many great fighting games out there.

I spent like £8 for the Xbox version and I felt ripped off. For once I'm grateful of a port beacuse if I'd spent $300 odd for the AES version I would have felt compelled to put my head in the oven.

genjuro1

Ninja Combat Warrior
SVC: Chaos does have some hit-box/hit detection problems, but the game is still very good imho.

I think that after Capcom vs. Snk, & Capcom vs. Snk2, people's expectations were extremely high. They expected it to be at least, just as GREAT as CvS2, but it wasn't on the same level. Once you get past that fact, you do appreciate the things that are good about the game. Like I said imho, a very good game, just not a GREAT game like CvS2.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
Oh, it's broken all right. It's just that to normal people, it's not really noticable or a big deal. It's like the movie 'They Live' without the sunglasses.

I've been quoting that bubblegum line all week.

Anyways, yeah, I like SVC a little as well. I don't play for competition in fighters, couple that with what I think is some of the best art in a NG game (love SNK's take on Guile) and yeah, it's a guilty pleasure.

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
It took some getting used to, but I didn't want to give up on it easily since it was like 90 bucks... glad I didn't, its decent once you spend some time on it. I don't like the xbox port, but thats because of the pixelation and crap control response....the MVS one is worth owning IMO

know wut I'm sayin homeboys?

I'm not some pro player, but I have been womping my friend's asses since like 94..which is all that matters... I wish I knew some of those crazy combos though...I can only pull off a few medium ones in most games.

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
I like this game. I have the Xbox port and it's great fun. If both people don't know whar they are doing, playing as the hidden characters can be fun (I play Geese usually...I don't know how to do his infinites, which is a good thing I think).