SvC Chaos Meg Count?

General_Morden

Quiz Detective
Sorry if this question was posted before!

I was wondering if the SvCC Meg Count has surfaced yet?

HPMAN

UI resident
No because no one wants to take close up pics of the PCB blow_top angry

General_Morden

Quiz Detective
It seems that snkplaymore is not able to develop a satisfying copy protection oh_no

But i really dont understand why people are not willing to take close up pics!

<small>[ July 30, 2003, 08:37 AM: Message edited by: General_Morden ]</small>

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
General_Morden:
It seems that snkplaymore is not able to develop a satisfying copy protection oh_no
No matter how well you protect it, those Hong Kong kids are goig to crack it wide open. ANYTHING to play videogames for free. Though, it'a about a challege as well.

Im going to guess at the meg count being ...688.

HPMAN

UI resident
Because they are afraid you bootleg the game by the pics. spock shame

It's well known bootlegers waits for pictures to surface on neo-geo.com to start being able to bootleg carts. :rolleyes:

HPMAN

UI resident
Because people will suck TeH RomZ throught the screen !!! eek! eek!

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
HPMAN:
<a href="http://www.neostore.com/images/products/releases/svc/pcb.jpg" target="_blank">Shawn's</a> was pretty clear I thought. spock

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
neojedi:
HPMAN:
<a href="http://www.neostore.com/images/products/releases/svc/pcb.jpg" target="_blank">Shawn's</a> was pretty clear I thought. spock
Need to see the part numbers on TEH ROMZ! IF someone can take a nice clear shot that shows the chips that would help wink

-Nick

MrLonghair

Morden's Lackey
Lemme guess, terrorists are holding you hostage and will only release you once you tell them the megcount of SvC, is that why you want to know?

aria

Former Moderator
I say we make a give-away out of guessing the meg count.

<small>[ July 30, 2003, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: Bobak ]</small>

Robert

20 Year Member
It's more than the past limit of the neo cart so more than 728 megs.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Just wondering.. but why does anyone care what the meg count is? Maybe I'm not hardcore enough to care, I just don't understand the interest.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Ghost-Dog:
Just wondering.. but why does anyone care what the meg count is? Maybe I'm not hardcore enough to care, I just don't understand the interest.
It's like what they say about dick size, the bigger, the better. wink

aria

Former Moderator
Ghost-Dog:
It's nostalgia -knowing those insane counts used to be part of the fun of having a Neo Geo :)

Oh, and I'll guess high -I guess 1000

[sub-rule: the person who's the closest without going over wins (like the Price is Right)]

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
robert:
It's more than the past limit of the neo cart so more than 728 megs.
How so? I haven't seen any evidence of some new technology like was rumored. Yet you state this like fact...please explain.

Robert

20 Year Member
Look at the game, don't you notice a slight step between SvC and the other neo games?
You can't put so much well designed characters and terrific background without push the neo limits. Look at Garou with 688 megs, SvC has much more characters.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
robert:
Look at the game, don't you notice a slight step between SvC and the other neo games?
You can't put so much well designed characters and terrific background without push the neo limits. Look at Garou with 688 megs, SvC has much more characters.
I realize your right but I still wonder what 'new' technology was implemented to push it over these limits. Or maybe Playmore ::gasp:: used compression.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
robert:
I don't know if you noticed yet, but the backgrounds are lacking compared to many previous titles. Playmore killed the meg count.

Robert

20 Year Member
My theory is that Playmore made a PCB card cause they didn't manage to put everything correctly in a MVS case. It means that there are more things in the is game than in others. I don't think they made that only because it was more hard to crack. It means that playmore realise only now that you can crack MVs games. That's why the NGH release is really interesting because we will see how they will manage to make enter everything in a NGH case.