SVC Chaos is way better than the capcom versions

aria

Former Moderator
Talen said:
So far all I've seen is jabs at him or people saying "it's fun for my casual play!" frankly if Fran were here he would be dumping all over it too, and people here wouldn't give him half the shit they're giving whitefolks.

If Fran hated the game he'd dump on it, that's for sure. People would bitch and moan, but that would be in the norm for a discussion forum.

What Fran didn't do is try to do this whole side advertising shit. That's just tacky, and I feel no qualms about pointing out such clumsy tactics. Even NGF was slicker.

To take some words from mrwhitefolks: Fran is an entertaining asshole. [granted, this is all subjective, relative to the observer]

Again, he's entitled to his opinion. And that would've been fine with me if it stayed there. It's the whole "come to my place if you want to talk about it" is just cheeeeze.

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
Chaos didn't stand the test of time in my books (one of the most important ones imo), a week has passed (give or take) and there is no way I'm playing it again. Its a washed down KOF with Capcom characters. I played ROTD and Matrimelee way more, and thats saying something.

Eventhough I'm not too fond of CVS2, it is leagues better.

Nomax

Kula's Candy
The game I played the most was CvS on DC, I finished it again and again to gain points to buy extra options and such. I found also great to have for the first time Capcom and SNK characters in the same game. Backgrounds were great, sprites were pixelated but the game got a great atmosphere and the multi-groove system was great. CvS 2 had better graphics, 3D backgrounds (some hate it, others not) but it was not a surprise, except for the huge line-up of fighters but anyway, you play always with the same guys so... Anyway, we got great times in 2P battles with this one. For SvC, I only played TeH RoMs so I'll wait to be able to play it on the real thing to judge it. I think it's great to have Capcom fighters on the SNK system but from what I've seen it could have been done better. It seems to be an OK fighter but not as great at the two Capcom's versions. Maybe SvC 2 will be better... Who knows... Whatever, I'll try SvC prior buying it.

sinister

n00b
Game was shit and all the SNK fanboys and jealous losers got mad at it

I feel sorry for everyone who was holding their breath for SVC2

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Game was shit and all the SNK fanboys and jealous losers got mad at it

I feel sorry for everyone who was holding their breath for SVC2

Yeah, so mad they didn't have the strength to post about it for the past 12 years.

You tell 'em big guy.

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
SVC "could" have been a good game but it feels rushed out the door and they never followed it up with a proper sequel to fix the gameplay. It is broken.... that's why no one plays this game at high level tournaments...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
For SVC I was hoping that SNK would have completely changed the move-sets for the Capcom characters except for their known specials but add another or whatever. Might have been interesting to see their take on the characters in that sense. I do want a CVS3 though.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
I missed having it. Bought a copy of it last week. It's better than the Ryu Super Smash Bros WiiU/3DS DLC

PigInTheMud

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Honestly, I have never enjoyed SVC Chaos. I'm a big fan of the Samurai Showdown series, but not so much the other series. The game controlled like a neo geo game, so the Capcom characters felt weird. However, they changed the moves completely for the samurai showdown characters for some reason, and that felt pretty uncomfortable.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
i prefer SVC chaos too, but like someone else mentioned the backgrounds are pretty boring which to me is really a big downer. To me the background make a 2D fighting game. Games like Waku Waku 7 , sam sho 2, last blade having amazing backgrounds and music to go with them...svc chaos not so much. I love the art style, i like seeing the street fighter characters in that anime SNK look.

The capcom games are pretty awesome too, Capcom vs Snk 2 has the best character selection.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I can deal with the bland backgrounds. The things that really bothers me are the tight controls and too many shoto characters.

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
svc is a good play. I agree the backgrounds are a little on the boring side but I really like the speed of the gameplay. I have a dedicated jamma of it and the Xbox version. I prefer the Xbox version or super plus bootleg though on mame just to play as the boss/hidden characters which for me makes it better.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
The game was incomplete. That's all.

Found on SNK's attic, Playmore didn't even cared to blow the dust off.
It had it all to be a great game. They only had to borrow the KOF97/98 engine and give it better backgrounds and music.

Up to this very day, the game would still be classed as Legendary.
They missed one of the best chances to do it.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
The game was incomplete. That's all.

Yup. Rushed out and half-assed, that's what SvC was.

Nice for a few casual bouts but that's it.

And Tak with a DP is a disgrace. He doesn't need that fancy crap.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
SVC chaos is definitely incomplete, it could have so much better. Thats the worst thing about it. Garou and Last blade 2 felt polished...SVC didnt. It has its own style , so i occasionally go back to it for that. Oh and i like the AES artwork.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Does anyone dislike SVC Chaos enough to sell me a copy? :keke: