SVC Chaos is way better than the capcom versions

The BEAST3

Dodgeball Yakuza
Oh my god! I just got my game yesterday! I couldn't believe how good the controls are! Man!!! This game is way better than the 2 versions capcom put out!! It was worth the money!:buttrock:

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
I still rate them like this.

1.) SNK vs Capcom MOTM NGPC/Snk vs Capcom Cardfighters Clash

2.) CVS2 Xbox Live

3.)SNK Vs Capcom Chaos

4.) CVS 1

Kevin Paul

Overtop Pathfinder
I got the game and played it a couple of times. I like the game, but I don't think it's better than either CVS.

Things I don't like about the game:

1) collision detection issues
2) bad music
3) boring backgrounds
4) simple gameplay (ie, no strikers, no rolls, ISMs, Grooves, etc)

I will say I like the redrawn sprites, the conversation pieces at the beginning of the battles, endings, boss battles and character roster (more interesting than CVS1).

I'm sure if they developed a SVC2, it would probably kick ass. SNK has always been good about correcting issues in updates (Samsho3 to Samsho4, KOF 1999 to KOF 2000, Fatal Fury 3 to Real Bout, etc).

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
The BEAST3 said:
Oh my god! I just got my game yesterday! I couldn't believe how good the controls are! Man!!! This game is way better than the 2 versions capcom put out!! It was worth the money!:buttrock:

totally agree.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I enjoy it a great deal, but I love all the games. I haven't played one I didn't like, and this is no exception. I still think CvsSNK2 is the best, but this is the second best... not to say I hated the first CvsSNK... I liked that, too.

I enjoy the music in this version, and some backgrounds are pretty sweet... and some aren't.

Guile's a pimp, the more I play him, the more I like him. heh.

Spike

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
I thought CvS1 was better then this.

But SvC for the NGPC was the best.

i dont get how these kids can say that a game with horrid collision issues, a broken engine, and the same sprite rehashs is better than any game capcom put out....

oh...

wait...

...now you guys have your "non raped" versions of your fav characters, but it doesnt even matter because of 2 simple things:

GEESE

and

ZERO

so effectively your "non raped" characters are now being raped constantly by anybody that can use geese or zero and you only have your loving snk company to blame for it.

whats the lesson here?

this game sucks, you just paid over 200+ dollars for it, and there was a better version with more modes, a tag system, and mini games on a handheld system around 3years ago.

SvC for neopocket is still #1

SvC for neoGEO is a broken inf happy piece o garbage.

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
Nha, no need to flame this game like this...

But that s true i wouldn t say it s way better than CVsS2 but to me it s far more beautifull sprites-wise.

Problem is... i have some problems thinking about the replay value... both naomi/dc and neo pocket had the "clash" accompanied by things to collect to actually improve your game experience.

SVCchaos has nothing like that on the original run. I hope it will have on PS2 but i doubt so since the release date is set for next month... i just cross my fingers

anyway it s an enjoyable game but i think it suffered a lot from the 708Mb limit... more than 7 times less than the "megcount" of capcom versions

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
And Sagat in CvS2 wasnt cheep (Oh I know! Lets do a million low HP to anti air everybody and beat them out in a poking game)? Or how about Haohmaru?Please...:rolleyes:
Dont even go there about rehashed characters. If I see morrigan one more time without an updated sprite in a different game I'll personaly put the entirety of capcom in its grave. Not saying CvS 1 or 2 is a bad game, but if you are going to trash SvC at least do it with some sort of thought process behind it, not point out issues that plague all three games. get a grip. :shame:

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
My god...

i can't beleive everyone hates it. When i played it loved every second of it. i thought it was perfect, i encountered no bugs whatsoever...

damn.

i hope i get it tomorrow.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
My opinion is that Capcom's games represented everything that's wrong with modern 2D fighters:

Pre-rendered or 3D BG's

Badly recycled sprites that look WORSE than they did originally (i.e. pixelly as fuck)

I just hate the way CvsSNK looks. It's so fucking ugly it's not playable for me.

SVC looks very good to my eyes- the characters are low res in a good way- they don't look like shit.

The BEAST3

Dodgeball Yakuza
leepantalone said:
Of course it is the best. It was made by SNK.

Yeah I know, SNK is the best! They are simply a beast when it comes to fighting games!:rolleyes:

Mike

Bead Banger
The game is superb for the "average" neo fighter.

Since I suck at Neo fighting games in general, I found SvC:Chaos to be a dream to play.

(When you suck you don't notice things like poor hit detection and broken gameplay/characters.....plus you never hear the famous "why should I even bother playing you...you're too good")

When you suck it's better for everyone!!

:eek_2:

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
MrWhitefolks said:
and you only have your loving snk company to blame for it.

yup, have them to blame for the best CvS game yet, broken or not there is far too much to it that puts it over the others IMO. Not to mention no cheesy 3D BGs....so this "kid" is pretty damn happy with this game.

And I totally agree with Neobuyer, and this game just feels like a "real" fighter whatever that means heh, not sure how to explain it but feels a hell of alot more powerful on the Neo and done in pure SNK fashion.

The BEAST3

Dodgeball Yakuza
All I am saying is that the controls are better than the capcom versions! Hopefully SNK will make SVC chaos 2 a better game with more characters and more backgrounds! Best background is the crystal stage!

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
yagamikun said:
And Sagat in CvS2 wasnt cheep (Oh I know! Lets do a million low HP to anti air everybody and beat them out in a poking game)? Or how about Haohmaru?Please...:rolleyes:
Dont even go there about rehashed characters. If I see morrigan one more time without an updated sprite in a different game I'll personaly put the entirety of capcom in its grave. Not saying CvS 1 or 2 is a bad game, but if you are going to trash SvC at least do it with some sort of thought process behind it, not point out issues that plague all three games. get a grip. :shame:

Yeah, in CvS2, that pissed me off. Some characters had INCREDIBLE ducking HPs. Sagat, Athena, Blanka... what a joke. Some guys would just duck and HP. It was a crime, and not balanced AT ALL. I thank god that they made the god versions of rugal and gouki super weak in the defensive power area, or it would have been a huge joke.

I like SvsC.... a lot. I think they all had issues, and all of them were good. I like some characters in SvsC MUCH more than the others such as Demitri, Mars People, Guile (this one's odd, not better, but different), Tessa, an actually good version of Dhalsim. The game has a lot going for it. Collision could be better, but the combo system and control is top shelf. Best quotes in a fighter EVER.

Spike

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
edit [I was just repeating myself] ^^; like gran'pa

Anyway funny thing, i was playing it when i replied first time :P
means the game is good, else i wouldn t bother playing again a game i have already finished with all the characters

Last edited:

Kevin Paul

Overtop Pathfinder
I agree with the ranking someone had above

1) Match of the Millenium

2) CVS2

3) SVC

4) CVS1

Even though it was a handheld game, it rocked. I think it's better than any fighter on the Advance IMO...

It was cool how the game had three different grooves, mock-four button play, combos, everyone had their best moves and the character selection was decent (not as cool as SVC).

Throw in the bonus gameplay modes and unlockable, and it made for a very good experience at home.

What I liked was that the game didn't really use recycled sprites, okay maybe the SNK characters were taken from other pocket games, but they were pocket games that were released that year. All the sprites were consistent with one another, the backgrounds were cool, music was cool, ahhh....

But I digress, SVC is still a really cool game. I'd probably give it a 8 out of 10 (probably because I love 2D fighters)...

We really shouldn't be arguing over if the game is better than Game A, but enjoying this new AES release...

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
MrWhitefolks said:
FORUMS

you have your chance to shut me down if you think you can...use any of those 3 options and we'll have the discussion/debate/whatever on why this game blows the inflamed anal cavity of gary colemon. hell, you might even earn some respect from me or convince me why your opinions are the most "sound" ones.

until then, have fun, and keep an eye out for the SNK Gals Fighter vid that i'm workin on.

Peace

MrWhitefolks
www.pimp-productions.com

wow nice way to end it with an advertisement for "your site".

anyways you clearly are more of a Capcom fanboy because you sound like every Capcom fanboy I have run into. Even when I played SVC in the arcade in its first week out all the Capcom heads stood there and talked about how it sucked as I watched them crawl back to their MVC2, GGX, and Third Strike machines.

Sorry dude but as tall and mighty as you think you are you have quite a few things wrong about what some people here are saying. Not everyone is blind and will except a game just because its "snk" or "i need it for my collection" if anything those are the lamest reasons to back something and especially to spend hundreds per game. I have been playin snk and capcom games for as long as I can remember and simply this game owns the capcom titles (except for SF2Turbo). I love Third Strike but wont play it nearly as much, their just plain different fighters and SVC has something to it that can only be described when playing that stomps all over CVS and CVS2. Personal preference I guess but im going to get a hell of lot more replay out of an SNK game then a Capcom game. Opinions are one thing but comin here and acting like your the authority and anything others have said after that is just measley opinion is another story.

*Click, reload, bang pow*

I have failed to see how you "owned" anyone with your comments, it was simply more opinions from a Capcom fanboy, no more no less and pretty factless.

I also find it HILARIOUS that you try to belittle people by calling them dorks, tards etc...when trying to write what you think is an "educated" and well versed post??.

Lame.