SVC Chaos home release

jeff_mangum

Geese's Thug
What a joke. This means SNKP will only release two carts for the whole year. Damn I'm itching for something new.

I was hoping SvC would come out in Oct and Metal Slug 5 or SamSho Zero would come out in Dec.

*sighs*

cLo

Marked Wolf
Shawn:
I was informed December 11th is the new release date, and this postponement applies to all markets (USA, Europe, Japan).
Has this this date been confirmed by SNK-Playmore? Dear God, I hope this is a joke or rumor. I've been wanting the home cart for this game ever since it was announced. If they're going to delay it, have they at least announced a date for SS0 or MS5?

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I wonder if this move symbolizes a production run of the MVS kits in addition to the NGH cartridge?
-BB

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
SNKP must just have its reasons.

It's just plain arrogance of ours to try to speculate about those, eventually bashing SNKP as we were a bunch of spoiled children.

All we can hope, from a loyal fan's prospective, is everything is and is going for the better of SNKP.

I just wish that. October or December, it's no big difference anyway.

tbogard99

New Challenger
Once I read this news I went right to Neo Store and ordered one of the SNK vs. Capcom kits. A little crazy, but at least I will be playing it tomorrow.

Alex0916

Bling kills, but...,
tbogard99:
Once I read this news I went right to Neo Store and ordered one of the SNK vs. Capcom kits. A little crazy, but at least I will be playing it tomorrow.
I was thinking about doing that but i'll wait untill september to see what my money situation is. And by that time it should have gone down in price again.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
I just hope this game doesn't get delayed into oblivion...

Matt

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
This is complete bull. You can officially cancel my preorder for this homecart. I'd rather just buy the MVS when the price gets down to $300-350 (Which will be WAY before December). This was a stupid decision on Playmore's part, big time. mad_2

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
ResOGlas:
This is complete bull. You can officially cancel my preorder for this homecart. I'd rather just buy the MVS when the price gets down to $300-350 (Which will be WAY before December). This was a stupid decision on Playmore's part, big time. mad_2
You say the delay was Stupid on Playmores part, but how so?

But perhaps this mean SNKP is possibly adding in something for the NGH release or even fixing some bugs and gameplay issues. I mean this delay can only be a good thing right?

But i too wonder like big bear said if this possibly means they are gearing up for an MVS production run, i hope so.

<small>[ August 19, 2003, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: Lagduf ]</small>

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
I can't believe how flakey some of you guys are.

"i'm not going to buy this now!"

Really impatient...

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Kid Aphex:

Really impatient...
Serisouly. I don't get it. Quit whining. The game is going to come out. How long have we been waiting for Snk vs. Capcom to come out anyway? How many years has it been?

I think everyone can wait an extra month or two.

<small>[ August 19, 2003, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: Lagduf ]</small>

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Lagduf:
Kid Aphex:

Really impatient...
Serisouly. I don't get it. Quit whining. The game is going to come out. How long have we been waiting for Snk vs. Capcom to come out anyway? How many years has it been?

I think everyone can wait an extra month or two.
I'm just saying that it gives MVS owners just one more reason for not buying the AES in December.

<small>[ August 20, 2003, 01:12 AM: Message edited by: ResOGlas ]</small>

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
Though my impatience level for wanting to own this title skyrocketed since I played the game today, the 2 month delay is actually better for me since I've got a bunch of stuff coming up in Sept. and Oct. that'll put a strain on me financially.

I already have the bulk of the money saved up for the homecart anyway but I can dip into that fund a little to take care of some odds n ends and replace it in the next two months.

As for the reason for the delay, I dunno. There's a myriad of viable reasons why so there's no real point in trying to deduce what it is. My only hope is that they come to their senses and eventually put out a MVS cart. That way the tightwad who runs the arcade in the mall I work at can put it in his 6 slot cab and not only that but all the MVS users here and wherever can have a cart/kit to play at home like us NGH/AES users will have :) .

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Shawn, By any chance do you know Playmore's honest reasoning for the delay?

Shawn

snkusa.com
No reason was given for the delay. I can only speculate, and the theories found in the previous posts seem like reasonable explanations to me.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Shawn:
No reason was given for the delay. I can only speculate, and the theories found in the previous posts seem like reasonable explanations to me.
Once again, thanks for the update. Any new news on the insert design or gold warning label as of yet?

Shawn

snkusa.com
Considering the recent postponement, it’s definitely too early for the insert design. No confirmation on a gold warning label either.

However, it is possible that both English and Japanese version full size SVC Chaos posters will be available as freebies. (Not confirmed yet)

SolidSnakeII

Marked Wolf
Shawn:
Considering the recent postponement, it’s definitely too early for the insert design. No confirmation on a gold warning label either.

However, it is possible that both English and Japanese version full size SVC Chaos posters will be available as freebies. (Not confirmed yet)
Whats going on with the preorders now?

Shawn

snkusa.com
<a href="http://www.neostore.com/images/products/releases/svc/svc-preorder.html" target="_blank">SVC Chaos AES preorder page</a>

Since release is not until December 11th, preliminary preorder emails will continue to be accepted until official preorders open. Your participation and support is greatly appreciated.

SolidSnakeII

Marked Wolf
Now, will official preorders open as scheduled wich
was about now or next week?
Or now they will open a month or two before Dec 11.

<small>[ August 20, 2003, 02:57 AM: Message edited by: SolidSnakeII ]</small>

Shawn, originally the pre-order was supposed to be appearing soon on neo-store, does this mean the actual pre-orders won't be taken until later?

Also when i make the pre-order do you pay for the whole game upfront or when it comes into stock? I just wanted to know as i might pick up another couple of bits in the mean time. :D

Shawn

snkusa.com
KibagamiGenjuro:
Shawn, originally the pre-order was supposed to be appearing soon on neo-store, does this mean the actual pre-orders won't be taken until later?

Also when i make the pre-order do you pay for the whole game upfront or when it comes into stock? I just wanted to know as i might pick up another couple of bits in the mean time. :D
Official preorders are not yet open and presales for this release are not yet being accepted. In order to be guaranteed a copy upon release, you must pre-purchase. Your credit card will be charged at the time of the pre-purchase. You are welcome to preorder up until the day of release, at which time the pre-purchase will simply be considered a purchase.

For now, preliminary preorders are being accepted. When official preorders open, all preliminary preorder customers will be notified by email.

Tony_N

Astra Superstar
Maybe it's delayed because they are adding some extras in the NGH version..?