SVC CHAOS - AES CONFIRMED

aria

Former Moderator
Like many of the long standing members, I was never worried.

The only thing that may happen, during the initial MVS release, is that a few of the arcade boards may be straight PCBs in order to avoid easy copying. SNK apparently did this with SamSho3. That isn't confirmed, but would not affect later runs of the MVS or any of the home release.

This is awesome news. SVC Chaos will be the first fighting game I buy for the Neo besides Fatal Fury Special. And to be honest, I'm getting it because it has Capcom fighters in it, not that either company is better over the other, but I'm familiar with Capcom fighters, and this will spark my interest for fighters on the Neo...maybe I'll get into KoF series after this.

dullbuoy

Leon Ther,
BonusKun:
....and who actually thought this wasn't coming to NGH?
i believe kanjifreak made numerous posts on the death of mvs and aes starting with this release smirk

ViperDTS

n00b
Well I was never worried that this wouldn't come home to the AES system, however there is one thing I will be worrying about: Price. God only knows what I'll have to sell to get this game. My motor cycle? My car? Donate blood? With all those sold, the combined amount of money I would get would still not be enough to get this game. Oh well I guess it's out to the street corner at 3:00am. :D

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
Donating Blood soesn't sound like a bad idea. Especialy if your hours get cut at work.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
BIG BEAR:
Who started those BOGUS rumors of no NGH release anyway??? Why would playmore go through the trouble and great expense to manufacture individual stand alone PCB's instead of producing for MVS @ minimal expense.With 12 years worth of hardware in use scattered worldwide it be foolish not to support AES(MVS/NGH).
-BB
This is the voice of reason right here, folks. Don't believe anything else!
buttrock

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Like we didn't know it was gonna happen. Thanks for confirming Shito.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Bobak:
Like many of the long standing members, I was never worried.

The only thing that may happen, during the initial MVS release, is that a few of the arcade boards may be straight PCBs in order to avoid easy copying. SNK apparently did this with SamSho3. That isn't confirmed, but would not affect later runs of the MVS or any of the home release.
Wasn't this also done for SS II, Bobak? I remember seeing a dedicated cabinet for this game a VERY long time ago.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
To me, what will be REALLY interesting to see once the MVS come out is the truth about the rumored 'new chip' in this cart/release.

We still have two options here:

1) A new chip for GFX enhantment

2) A new chipset technology to allow Giga Power memory limits to be exceeded

both option would possible result in a new step forward in NeoGeo games quality.

Fact is we're at a death route with the Giga Power technology. Latest KOFs just scream 'gimme more momory', as they have no more margin for enhant both quality and quantity of contents.

If SVC may possibly result to be a 'first of a new kind' in this terms, well, SamZero, Slug5 and future KOFs may possibly become VERY VERY interesting... don't you think?

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Thing is, I don't see anything in this new game that would necessitate a new graphics/memory chip. Really, we've seen everything in this game before.

The recent KOF games and Noise games have made us forget what the system is capable of. KOF games were never technologically stunning as much as AOF, Garou series and Last Blade have been.

So, remember, Neo is a 2D powerhouse, who's art is being lost with every programmer leaving, or being lazy.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
I think the worry was more how much the game would cost on the AES and not necessarily if the game was going to be released on that platform... at least with me that is. A title that has gained this much attention would never not make it to the home system. Titles like that puzzle title (I can't remember the title) may be a different story, however...

Guess it's time to update the budgets to include a new AES cart. Is it possible to write this off as a business expense? :D

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Rade Kuruc:
Thing is, I don't see anything in this new game that would necessitate a new graphics/memory chip. Really, we've seen everything in this game before.

The recent KOF games and Noise games have made us forget what the system is capable of. KOF games were never technologically stunning as much as AOF, Garou series and Last Blade have been.

So, remember, Neo is a 2D powerhouse, who's art is being lost with every programmer leaving, or being lazy.
Indeed you have more than one point. frown