Supergun MAK Strike refuses to "remember" region switch?

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
It's a minor error but it seems like whenever I play Metal Slug, regardless of entering menus, soft-booting/resetting, then region switching to Japanese for red blood, my Supergun MAK Strike returns to a Europe region setting. Any ideas how to fix this? I'd prefer red blood rather than semen spilling soldiers.

red impact

Crossed Swords Squire
Sounds more like a board battery issue if it's not remembering your settings...the supergun is merely the interface

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Sounds more like a board battery issue if it's not remembering your settings...
this. All the supergun does is pass on the signals/electricity. which MVS board do you have?

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
MVS 1FS! Sorry about the confusion with the supergun being the cause. It's just bizarre because when I switch it to japanese/softboot, and the supergun explicitly states it's in JP mode in game, the blood is still Alien android milk.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You still probably need to change the softdip setting to red.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
Unibios* yes! Sorry, been trying to solve this in-between finals. Not a bright idea I've learned now, but it definitely seems like a battery issue after more tests/your comments! The coin battery replacement seems like the easiest/most effective treatment within my low soldering abilities. I'll get back to you guys when I give it a shot!