Supergun help needed

A-Train

Quiz Detective
20 Year Member
I will apologize right away for possibly asking anything that's been asked a million times before, but my searches here and elsewhere on the internet have not exactly been fruitful. Here's my situation.

I started building a Supergun a couple of years ago with the idea that I would use an old Macintosh II case so I could include everything (JROK, fan, arcade PSU, etc.) inside and be able to sit the PCBs on top. I put a few hours into it, but eventually got away from it. Now I want to finish it, but am considering doing it a little differently. I was thinking of putting together a wooden case to hold it (plus it would be easier to make all of the needed extra holes compared to the Mac case), but I'm not sure what type of material to use. Would MDF work, or is that a bad idea due to heat and the formaldehyde? What sites still exist that give good step by step directions, as most of my old links have vanished (the last big thing I need help with is the loop so my speakers won't be blown out).

I'm sure I will think of more, but I appreciate any and all help in advance.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
For making holes use a Unibit. It's a telescoping drill bit that makes the hole bigger and bigger as you go deeper. Works great on plastic. In fact for plastic you dont even need a drill, I just attach it to my screwdriver.