Super Street Fighter 4 Portable

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I guess i'm a really sensitive person for replying to stuart.

That doesn't mean that he could try to sway someone's decision on what version to buy just because he doesn't like some aspects of the game due to his "oh-so-great" experience.

Sure it does.

It's a opinion. Does he have to take it? No, he can pass by it. You are acting like this hit you at home and devastated your life or something, the only one being sensitive is you.

Last edited:

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
Not when your whining sticks out like a sore thumb. I ain't devastated or anything. I just laugh at some of your crying over things that don't go your way especially when it comes to gaming. Aside from your frustrations over a well made game like SSF4, I also like the way you cried up a storm over uncharted 2's patches. "OMG, this has turned into a noob fest. Ohhhh F U naughty dog for ruining this game". LMAO. :tickled:

You need serious :help:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I ain't devastated or anything. I just laugh at some of your crying over things that don't go your way especially when it comes to gaming. Aside from your frustrations over a well made game like SSF4, I also like the way you cried up a storm over uncharted 2's patches. "OMG, this has turned into a noob fest. Ohhhh F U naughty dog for ruining this game". LMAO. :tickled:

You need serious :help:

Uncharted 2 patches were complete nonsense after 1.04. I was totally right about that, and you should go read back if you doubt it. In fact, UC2 improved with the later patch, and I mentioned this somewhere.

I've posted up countless things about games. I am whiney, who gives a shit. Just don't read it and close your browser. Its not like I'm gonna be a entirely new person because you are confronting me with this.

If you can't see how stupid that patch was, you didn't play uncharted 2. I did. I played it competitively on the same grounds as other players. You had to earn your stripes there. It wasn't supposed to be Call of Duty, and many of those players played Uncharted 2 for that specific reason. COD is great for what it is, UC2 was great for what it was, and it finally got settled in later patches.

The instant that DLC dropped, they ruined the games competitive points to give idiots a chance. They took away health and allowed small amounts of shots to kill other players which ruined the platforming. Instead of a run and gun and dodge title with amazing intricate details and it turned into a retarded camp fest that ruined elements that made it a excellent platform shooter and totally unique. What basically happened, is the base they built their 'game of the year' title on, they totally dropped after they got the award and slammed the players who put all that time in to get them that fame via the beta, and made the game suck online. That patch was so horrible, its like someone grabbing 60$ out of your pocket. Nobody bought the game to have a stupid patch like that ruin the MP, which moved the damn game in the hands of competitive players through much hearsay.

That information at that time of those patches was valid, and I stand by it today.

SFIV? That game is infuriating, it brings out the worst in people. Its only the hot shit because it created a giant scene. Everyone gets pissed playing it because so much shit it in is stupid. Its a good game, but there gets to be a point where its just flat out stupid at times. I wouldn't even say SUPER is horribly balanced. It just has the dumbest engine ever.

So whats your point, I whine to much? Okay, I whine to much, and I'm gonna whine more then ever, get over it. Its a opinion. You are to damn sensitive about this shit. Don't like it? Then do yourself a favor and don't read it. Its not going away.

Last edited:

TerryMasters

Galford's Armourer
LWK, is Super really that bad? After they specifically mentioned how they were tweaking it to make it more balanced, I find it confusing that the game can be balanced and bad from a competitive standpoint, though you mention the engine and you are the expert when it comes to this stuff.

Sucks about U2, I was going to try it out soon but if it got nerfed that bad...

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
LWK, is Super really that bad? After they specifically mentioned how they were tweaking it to make it more balanced, I find it confusing that the game can be balanced and bad from a competitive standpoint, though you mention the engine and you are the expert when it comes to this stuff.

Sucks about U2, I was going to try it out soon but if it got nerfed that bad...

SUPER Is a great game. Its just very frustrating, and at times even with extensive practice, it just doesn't stick as easily. I have found using certain characters with amazing advantages is the best thing. I mained rog originally, climbed to 15,000. In SUPER I mained Ryu instead, who has a lot of bad match ups and is much weaker. Its purely perspective.

It has its tiers, its more balanced then most fighters, because everyone feels and play similar. Its hard to explain. What makes me hate it is all the small bullshit working against the player. Then you got nonsense like plinking.

I'd recommend super if they fixed the reversal window, had less space on the screen, nerfed poking games slightly, and fixed the dumb jump arch and the jump speed. It shouldn't be possible for me to stand completely neutral and react to everything on sight with just pokes alone with someone like Rog, and there is no recourse about it. This bullshit cripples certain characters when they are cornered. This is exactly why Wong lost evo also.

Poking/Normals are so good in super to punish things that shouldnt be so easy to punish. Highly unrewarding game. The difference between special players and the top players isn't as big a gap as other games it seems. But to be truly great requires a time investment far more drawn out then other fighters due to the fact that SUPER is so easy to pick up that practically anyone can be good and feel special. Gone are the days where you could destroy that margin with good practice. It seems to be a full time job now, and even then.. Great play can get run over by gimmick. Some designs are completely stupid in it and totally not needed.. There is also 35 matches you need to know, and gimmick and player archetypes ontop of those. Its really more of a headache then its worth, because the engine just pisses you off at every angle.

I also feel counter matches were made intentionally retarded hard, so no matter how good someone is, the other player can be somewhat good with the counter and destroy a solid gameplan. There are some counter matches in this game that make me wanna puke. Worst shit, is if someone plays a counter match perfectly, it forces the opposition to take more stupid risks that lead to even bigger rewards for the dominant character. Also, Dictator must have the easiest footsie game in the entire history of fighters. I don't even use that asshole, and I can just keep people grounded with him due to how god damn perfect his poking game is in matches he doesn't get mopped in.

U2 I adore. I got no beef with that game anymore, since the newer last patch I played more with was fine.

Last edited:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Apparently this week we are getting "hints" about who is being added to the arcade version.

Honestly LWK goes off on Super alot, but from what I can tell he likes the game, but (and I'd agree on many of his stances) it has major issues.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Apparently this week we are getting "hints" about who is being added to the arcade version.

Honestly LWK goes off on Super alot, but from what I can tell he likes the game, but (and I'd agree on many of his stances) it has major issues.

I'd be happy if they just added the ability for Makoto's moves to actually work.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I'd be happy if they just added the ability for Makoto's moves to actually work.

She isn't useless, but obviously lacks. There are videos of Wong using her and simply destroying the competition.

If you are still hopeless wait for the arcade edition and the patches to follow. She has all the tools to be great she just needs a tuning up

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
That engine is trash and needs tweaks to be sick, and it doesn't seem terribly hard to add more characters or something. The over flow of characters already is rotten enough. The engine is so foreign to many characters, you cannot add them without giving them the same moves almost everyone needs. Like, it all comes down to the dumbest factor, quickest poke's that confirm from the longest range.

Why even tease us with more characters? The engine makes so many characters feel exactly the same. If anything, this game would be a lot more friendly if there wasn't so much shit added.

Last edited:

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I'm pretty sure this thread set some kind of record for use of the word "sensitive".