Suomalainen thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
soundnvision said:
It's funny we all seem to have japanese cabs (white ones), but the arcades in helsinki had mostly american ones (i think they're called candy cabs).

Mine is Euro. :cool:

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
I thought it was kinda funny when I sat down and tried "Sveesee ka-uhs" and Finn said something along the lines of "damn it man, he sits down to any fighting game and owns it "... I know full well my basic skills are solid, but also that any real expert would take me apart... I got some real holes in my play style and I so hope you guys force me to fix them :buttrock:

p.s. my cab is invisible, it exists soley in my mind, like some pleasent dream.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
RockstarRunner said:
I thought it was kinda funny when I sat down and tried "Sveesee ka-uhs"

SVC Chaos... Damn that announcer is comedy gold!

RockstarRunner said:
Finn said something along the lines of "damn it man, he sits down to any fighting game and owns it "... I know full well my basic skills are solid, but also that any real expert would take me apart... I got some real holes in my play style and I so hope you guys force me to fix them :buttrock:

I said: "You know Rob, I hate you. You just waltz in here and trash the owner of a game, that you haven't played before"
:D :) :( :oh_no: :crying:

(He won Toni in his SVC Chaos and gave me (a small) lecture in my SSVS.) Well, no hard feelings. I'll get you someday...

soundnvision

Kula's Candy
Sorry just have to cut in by saying that RockstarRunner, that is one baaadass sig! :cool: :buttrock: :D

I just recently saw Predator from "C-more movies" (Canal plus' extra digital channel), and man was it a BLAST! Though i have to say that unlike many other 80s action movies, it still holds up very decently with the suspense and all.
One of Arnie's better movies i'm sure.

BTW "C-more Movies" is great. They have a policy of showing mainly films that the customers request constantly, so it's basically always just ridiculous 80s/90s action flicks... And it's great! Last week they showed Young Guns 2 and Blind Fury (with Rutger Hauer) A really nice way to get all nostalgic and have a laugh :)

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
I grabbed the pic from my Predator S.E. disc... I always loved that sequence, predator is surely one of the most solid action flicks from that time.

Haha yeah, SSVS is kewl, but to be fair I was using that guy with all the swords, that big old 'swords from the ground' attack of his seemed a bit cheap, but so damn effective, i'm sure you have already learnt not to fall for that one Finn :glee:

Other thing I love about SSVS is that it really can go anybodys way, right down to the end, now that really feels suspensful, even when I had you down to little health I was really not wanting to attack 'cause I figured it would go all matrix on me and then i'd be in BIG trouble. Love it. Can't afford it. :crying:

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Hello everyone! Yet another new Finnish Neo Geo fan reporting in... :D

I'm a 26 year old computer science student at the university of Tampere and I've been a fan of the Neo Geo for many years. I discovered arcade emulation about 5 years ago and noticed soon that you could play Neo Geo games on your PC. I eventually bought a Neo Geo AES system exactly one year ago. I've also made a detailed webpage of my collection with flyer scans etc. :

http://www.uta.fi/~jm60912/neo_geo/neo_geo.htm

It's nice to see that there are other Finnish Neo Geo fans around and that I'm not the only one that owns an AES system... I could actually use your help with few things (concerning the TV output of my AES, but I'll write another post about the problems later). You might be intrested to know that I own a great TV for Neo Geo games : a 41" flatscreen projection television with a 4:3 picture aspect ratio! KoF '99 & SS2 look amazing on it! :buttrock:

viaton

Neo Geo Cup '98
Tervetuloa mukaan! :)

Homma on toiminut hienosti akselilla Suomi - Iso-Britannia! :buttrock:

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
[rant]

FUCK CUSTOMS IN THE ASS, THEN DIRTY SANCHEZ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no <3 anymore !!!!

How hard can it be to get the game to me!!!! it arrived on sunday, but these people took it, (like wtf I`m paying the courier service for) and now I have to cut through some serious red tape to get it.

It`s not the extra cost that bothers me, but the fact that I have to wait till next
week to get it

[/rant]

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Yup, customs people are da bitches.

Raz

Tony_N

Astra Superstar
When ordering something from the US with EMS shipping, it can get really fucked up. That's because USPS doesn't have a contract with Posti on EMS parcels as far as I know, but with some fucking GLS.
Especially when the stuff requires custom fees, it will take time until you know what's up with your parcel because GLS is a fucking joke.

Fortunately from the beginning of next year this will change and Posti will handle these shippings also and receiving shit with EMS from the US will get a lot faster.

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
finngamer said:
We're multiplying!

Great to have you here! Welcome.

Kiitos!

How many Finnish Neo fans are there in this forum? (I haven't read this thread much yet...)

I must be lucky because I've never had any problems with shipping or customs so far. I had my Neo Geo AES imported straight from Japan with the help of Game House. After that I've ordered games from the neostore using EMS shipping without any problems.

I mentioned in my first post that I could use your help. Here's the whole story :

I own a Japanese Neo Geo AES system and a 41" Sony projection TV. The picture quality was pretty poor with the standard Neo Geo A/V cable, so I decided to get a better A/V cable. Game House made me a custom RGB cable that improved the picture quality a lot. There is still something wrong about the video output : At the center of the TV screen the picture quality is perfect with clear scanlines, but around the edges the colours are "disassembled" back into red, green and blue which are slightly apart from each other. This problem makes the video output look messy around the edges of the screen.

This problem has been puzzling me for a long time because at the Game House the person who made me the RGB cable showed me the picture quality of my AES with an ordinary 14" TV and it looked very good! :( I haven't had a chance to test my AES on another TV yet so I can't be absolutely sure what causes this problem (the AES system, the RGB cable or the television).

Last edited:

Reiko

Mr. Big's Thug
Hei vaan kaikille,

Umm should we speak english in this thread or not? :) Anyway, this is my first post though I've been following this board for a few months now. I don't really know what was in Neo-Geo that caught my attention but now I can only say I love SNK games, mostly Metal Slug and Samurai Shodown-series. I'm interested in getting my own AES but they sure do cost a lot... So for now I'm satisfied with owning ports of Neo-Geo games on other consoles :) And *cough cough* roms...

Now I live in Tampere also and was wondering how much did it cost you to get an AES from Game House, Akira?

viaton

Neo Geo Cup '98
Reiko said:
Hei vaan kaikille,

Umm should we speak english in this thread or not? :) Anyway, this is my first post though I've been following this board for a few months now. I don't really know what was in Neo-Geo that caught my attention but now I can only say I love SNK games, mostly Metal Slug and Samurai Shodown-series. I'm interested in getting my own AES but they sure do cost a lot... So for now I'm satisfied with owning ports of Neo-Geo games on other consoles :) And *cough cough* roms...

Now I live in Tampere also and was wondering how much did it cost you to get an AES from Game House, Akira?

Hmmmm... Kuinkahan monta muuta härmäläistä vielä zuumailee tätä threadia taustalla....
Eiku kaikki mukaan vaan! Tervetuloa Reiko!

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Tervetuloa vaan Reikollekin. Kylläpä meitä nyt löytyy monta.

And happy birthday, viaton! :buttrock: (Sorry, I would've congratulated you yesterday, but I wasn't near the internet.)

viaton

Neo Geo Cup '98
finngamer said:
Tervetuloa vaan Reikollekin. Kylläpä meitä nyt löytyy monta.

And happy birthday, viaton! :buttrock: (Sorry, I would've congratulated you yesterday, but I wasn't near the internet.)

Heh, heh... Kiitokset finn!
Eipä noita enää tässä vaiheessa lasketa... ;)

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Reiko said:

Another Neo Geo fan right here in Tampere! I noticed that you're also a student. What school are you in?

The AES wasn't cheap, but the total price was pretty good. Here's what I bought when I started my AES collection :
- 250 € for the AES system (with A/V cable, Japanese power supply and original packaging) and the Neo Geo CD controller (with original packaging)
- 40 € for Samurai Shodown II (Japanese version, cheap!)
- 30 € for the marble memory card
- 22,50 € for the voltage converter (I had to buy this to get the Japanese power supply to work here in Finland)
= 342,50 €

I think that everyone would like to know what SNK games do you currently own... ;)

Reiko

Mr. Big's Thug
Oh that didn't sound too bad a price to me :) But then again, the games for AES cost millions so... I think I'll just buy the games when they are released for cheaper consoles.

Well out of my collection of at least a hundred video games there is only 1 SNK game: Metal Slug X for PSOne. I'm going to buy King of Fighters 2000/2001 when it's released here, and probably Metal Slug 3 too. I'm still only a student in high school, not in the university like you (i'm only 19!) :)

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Reiko said:
Oh that didn't sound too bad a price to me :) But then again, the games for AES cost millions so... I think I'll just buy the games when they are released for cheaper consoles.

Well, there are several good games that are pretty cheap, you know, to get you started. SamSho II and some older KoF will give you some great fights for cheap. And many of the 1-2 year old games are between 100-200 (used), so it's not millions. But expensive nonetheless.

Are you familiar with the finnish Pelaaja-boards? (Pelaaja-lehden keskustelualue) Like I posted previously in this thread, I made a nice post there about the Neo-Geo, and I also expanded it to include all the major Neo-Geo-ports for other consoles. You should check out my release schedule there.

http://www.pelaajalehti.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1144&start=0

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
finngamer said:
Well, there are several good games that are pretty cheap, you know, to get you started. SamSho II and some older KoF will give you some great fights for cheap. And many of the 1-2 year old games are between 100-200 (used), so it's not millions. But expensive nonetheless.

Yes, that's true. There are many really good Neo Geo AES games for $50 - $100 (40 - 80 euros). The most expensive game I currently own is KoF '99, which I bought from the neostore for $142 (~ 110 euros). Shipping costs are expensive though, since you'll have to order from Japan or USA and Neo Geo games are large and heavy. It's cheaper to order at least 2 games at a time, because you'll save on shipping.

finngamer said:
Are you familiar with the finnish Pelaaja-boards? (Pelaaja-lehden keskustelualue) Like I posted previously in this thread, I made a nice post there about the Neo-Geo, and I also expanded it to include all the major Neo-Geo-ports for other consoles. You should check out my release schedule there.

http://www.pelaajalehti.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1144&start=0

Lots of good and accurate information in Finnish there. Nice job, finngamer! There was actually at least one mail-order company in Oulu (I can't remember the name anymore) that imported the Neo Geo AES and it's games to Finland, but I don't know how well they sold... I bought a Japanese Super Nintendo from them pretty soon after it was released.

Hmm... still no comments about my video output problem? I might also be intrested in getting more modifications for my AES... Do power LED mods look good? I would like to have a blue power LED mod.

Last edited:

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Akira_Tekagi said:
Yes, that's true. There are many really good Neo Geo AES games for $50 - $100 (40 - 80 euros). The most expensive game I currently own is KoF '99, which I bought from the neostore for $142 (~ 110 euros). Shipping costs are expensive though, since you'll have to order from Japan or USA and Neo Geo games are large and heavy. It's cheaper to order at least 2 games at a time, because you'll save on shipping.

The neostore isn`t the 1st place to look if you want good deals.

There was actually at least one mail-order company in Oulu (I can't remember the name anymore) that imported the Neo Geo AES and it's games to Finland, but I don't know how well they sold... I bought a Japanese Super Nintendo from them pretty soon after it was released.

Dunno about that, but the neogeo impoter in Finland was a firm called transatlantic software, which even opened its own "neo geo land" arcade here, it was at the kaisaniemi subway station, on the spot where there now is a RAY "potti" :Z

Atleast in 2001 the company was in some form of operation, I even emailed the guy (Markku Läärä), if they had any PAL homecart systems, and the guy even replied that he had some machines, controllers and 1st wave games, that he`d need to check their condition, and that he`d get back to me, which he never did.

That pissed me off quite a bit, where have the systems, etc, gone? junkyard anyone??

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
heya...

FYI - I require some ready money, and have had to make a very hard decision, I am going to sell my JP AES KoF '02 & '03... :( you guys get first dibs of course.
Both are in really good condition as Finn can attest too...
'02 for €160
'03 for €240

I have had experience with that 'gls' got taxed badly for Slug 3 :very_ang:
Just remember, if you are willing to take the chance on the insurance, a declared value of $20 will get it through no trouble...

I you have a question about mods, my AES had had the works! if you go back a few pages you'll find links to my pages etc.

TERVETULOA KAIKKI

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
RockstarRunner said:
FYI - I require some ready money, and have had to make a very hard decision, I am going to sell my JP AES KoF '02 & '03... :( you guys get first dibs of course.
Both are in really good condition as Finn can attest too...
'02 for €160
'03 for €240

Yep, they're in perfect condition. And those are VERY reasonable prices. Plus the added comfort of a domestic seller means, that this is propably the best time for you guys to get one (or both) of the newest KoF's...

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
Late said:
The neostore isn`t the 1st place to look if you want good deals.

I don't think that all of neostore's prices are bad... In-demand and rare games are very expensive but there are good deals for older and NOS (New Old Stock) games. Ebay is probably the cheapest place to buy AES games, but it has it's risks (bootleg games, the condition of the items can be poor, you can get scammed etc.)

Late said:
Dunno about that, but the neogeo impoter in Finland was a firm called transatlantic software, which even opened its own "neo geo land" arcade here, it was at the kaisaniemi subway station, on the spot where there now is a RAY "potti"

There was a Neo Geo Land arcade in Pori, which I used to visit whenever I had a chance. It had about 15 red Neo Geo cabinets and a good selection of games to choose from : Samurai Shodown II, Fatal Fury 3, Super Sidekicks 3, Top Hunter and many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.