Suggestions on how to fuck with my Craigslist scammer.

LameKat

Armored Scrum Object
I'm selling a RUG on CL and after a few e-mails I get this responce:

Ok i will like to proceed with the transaction asap and my mode of payment will be via bank check drawn on my bank as there are too many scams on internet with bogus money orders and paypal payment,the furniture will be picked up from you by my shipper so you don't have to worry about shipment of the furniture also the check will be sent with the fund to cover cost of the furniture and also shipment by my shipper due to company policy the amount i placed with my company can only be written on a single check so that is why i want you to receive these amount and send the difference to my shippers that will arrange the pickup when the check clears at your bank,once the bank verify and clear the check you will deduct your money and send the excess fund to the shippers to prepare all shipment papers and insurance for pickup of the furniture.I should have handled this myself but i am not available to do this now i am currently away for my company seminar that is why i want you to do this to facilitate the transaction so proceed to delete the advert of the furniture if my mode of payment is accepted and get back to me asap with your full name,physical address and phone # to send the check to you.

Regards
Mark.

Longest 2 sentences I've ever read.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
wow.
I thought the whole reason for craigslist was to deal locally.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
wow.
I thought the whole reason for craigslist was to deal locally.

Every time I list anything on craigslist almost all of the responses are scams like the one above.

It's really pathetic.

Even worse, the legit responses are usually time wasters...which I hate more because the scammers I can just send to the junk folder.

I hate craigslist :P

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Every time I list anything on craigslist almost all of the responses are scams like the one above.

It's really pathetic.

Same here.

When I sold my Wii on Craigslist I had some dude saying he wanted to buy it, but wanted me to meet him around midnight in one of the worst sections of town. He had every excuse in the book as to why we couldn't meet during the day in a public place.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
People and their scams. They keep doing it over and over because they know the odds are there's one person out there that will fall for it and one is all it takes.

Koopa64

Sieger's Squire
Same here.

When I sold my Wii on Craigslist I had some dude saying he wanted to buy it, but wanted me to meet him around midnight in one of the worst sections of town. He had every excuse in the book as to why we couldn't meet during the day in a public place.

:lolz: :lol: :lolz:

Seriously dude, that's just way too funny. XD

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Funny indeed. You should have countered and told him to meet you inside the Police station to save the cops a trip OR better yet, the hospital to save the paramedics a trip after you exercised your 2nd amendment right with that mossberg pistol grip!:tickled:
BB

Same here.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Get a PO box. Have them mail you the check then when it comes time to pick up the merchandise give them the physical address of the police station.

Keep the check as a souvenir and post photos on the web. :D

Or, do what I do. Forward their email with full headers to their email provider's abuse@ address and ask them to terminate the scammer's account per their ToS agreement.

Poof! One more scammer email account gone.