Stupid CPS2 question

Dizrythmia

n00b
I have looked all over this forum & on other sites, & I know the answer is really simple but I can't find it. So I'm going to sound like a total noob & just ask it anyway :)

I bought a Cadillacs & Dinosaurs AB board & a Capcom A board with Gem Fighters Mini Mix B board which I had every intention of using in my 4 slot MVS cabinet. I've had no problem with any other JAMMA PCB in the past (apart from Trog with no sound but I think that's the board itself). Anyway, I plug them in the JAMMA harness & turn them on & the fan starts up & the screen flickers & goes grey, then sits there & does nothing else. I thought it might be Capcom suicide but I've seen both working in a CPS2 cabinet, so obviously I'm doing something wrong. Any ideas??

Dizrythmia

n00b
Sorry to say I'm still a bit new to the whole owning an arcade machine, so I'm not 100% sure what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure I can see what you're telling me, but I might take a pic with my digital camera & post it to see if anyone can see what needs to be done.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Measure (with a multimeter) the 5v rail at the Jamma connector to see if the board is getting enough power: you want to read about 5v. However it must be stressed that these Capcom boards are very tolerant: I've turned the voltage all the way down on them many times: at 4.40v they still work flawlessly...so I doubt it's a voltage issue. Check the battery voltage instead (there are two batteries).

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Its also possible that you havent pushed the game board onto the 'a' board well enough, some games have to sit just right before they will work. Also, when you saw the games working, were they using the same 'a' board that your now trying or did you have your own already?

Raz

Dizrythmia

n00b
Razoola said:
Its also possible that you havent pushed the game board onto the 'a' board well enough, some games have to sit just right before they will work. Also, when you saw the games working, were they using the same 'a' board that your now trying or did you have your own already?

Raz

Well one of them was Cadillacs vs Dinosaurs which doesn't require an A board as it is an all in one, or an A+B board as they call it at Amusementworx. Gem Fighters is using the same A board. Both give the same result. That being the fan goes on & the screen shows grey with nothing more.