Street Fighter V PC and PS4 Exclusive

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Doubtful. It would change the game too much at this point.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Anyone else watch the Capcom fighters Balrog spotlight today? he looks sick as hell and his damage output seemed high for low execution combos.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Anyone else watch the Capcom fighters Balrog spotlight today? he looks sick as hell and his damage output seemed high for low execution combos.

I watched the WSO session, and capcom pro talk. I can't wait to play him. He looks pretty strong. Looks weak on wakeup, but hes got a 3 frame and seems to have a pretty good anti air with his st.mp

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Doubtful. It would change the game too much at this point.

From a tourney standpoint yes, but considering people found the legacy controller trick to kill the lag on the PS4 and the PC trick of shutting off the V-Sync the game is already busted from an online point of view and Capcom is sitting on their hands because they act like none of the pros have access to any of this. This is pure bullshit and I have no idea who is lying in the situation.

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Anyone try out the new Story Mode and fighters yet? I'm liking me some Balrog.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Anyone try out the new Story Mode and fighters yet? I'm liking me some Balrog.

Played for a couple mins last night after buying balrog did his trials. the trials in this game are so free kind of disappointing compared to 4 but meh just the simple nature of the game I guess. One thing that really bothered me though is that they took away my guile stage I purchased with fight money when guile was released. So 70K fight money down the drain anyone else have that happen?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I just spent all my fight money on Ibuki & Balrog...No more guile & Alex...Looks like im going to have to start grinding again to get them back. Balrog seems pretty cool, ibuki seem to technical, i didn't bother using her haha.

Having a group of people coming over to play some SFV. A lot of the guys hasn't been playing it much, they rather play old school SF2. Its weird, when i want to play SF2, they played shit ass SF IV, now i want to play SFV they want to play SF2...

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Online play is the slowest way to earn fight money. I suggest the 1-player modes (Story / survival / trials). These net you enough fight money to purchase the entire first wave of DLC characters and stages without spending real money .... that is unless you wasted it on costumes / colors like I did lol.

The trials are way easier in this game.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I grabbed ibuki. She's a lot of fun and seems to have a bunch of shenanigans. Once ppl get see her tricks a few times they won't work anymore though. Gotta get them cheap wins while I can lol.

After playing story mode, I'm hungry for some urien and juri.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I really like Balrog in this game. I played him in ST and SFIV, and he def feels more like his ST iteration. With no more focus attack, Balrog is free to pressure way more than he was able to in SFIV. The fact that he can combo off his overhead is huge as well. Not sure if i can get him ready for EVO, but i will try

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I really like Balrog in this game. I played him in ST and SFIV, and he def feels more like his ST iteration. With no more focus attack, Balrog is free to pressure way more than he was able to in SFIV. The fact that he can combo off his overhead is huge as well. Not sure if i can get him ready for EVO, but i will try

Yeah, the overhead combo is very punishing. His dash blows are not as safe as they were in SFIV though (including the overhead when anticipated), and I think he lacks a proper reversal? My friend was using the EX down / up Kick move, but not sure if it's reliable. I could also be wrong on this one too, but I noticed his pokes were not as effective as they were.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Yeah, the overhead combo is very punishing. His dash blows are not as safe as they were in SFIV though (including the overhead when anticipated), and I think he lacks a proper reversal? My friend was using the EX down / up Kick move, but not sure if it's reliable. I could also be wrong on this one too, but I noticed his pokes were not as effective as they were.

So heres the thing about SFV. like 80% of the cast do not have a reversal, and some of the ones that do have to us EX meter. It is a downfall of Balrog, and many of the other characters in this game, but because we have 3 wake up options, and v reversal, i don't think its super bad that certain characters have no reversals. His dash punches, at least his dash straight is -4, but if spaced correctly, it is hard to punish. the swing blow (down/up kick) EX has armor but not on frame 1, and it seems like its at least -6 on block.

His good footsie tools seem to be st.HP, cr.MP, and cr.HK. up close you can abuse st.HK as its +3 on block, and his st.MK is +2 on block.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Given all the other risque outfits in this game, was this really so bad that a modder had to 'fix' the PC version?

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
At first I sort of liked the redesign better but now that im looking at that video...i dont know any more

still not sure why they changed it

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I personally think her new outfit is cool, and better than the original cleavage design:

image43.jpeg

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
After completing general story mode i was surprised this was reference :lolz:

For those who don't know what i'm talking about.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Got a good chuckle out of me. Was kind of hoping for the YES part too but I guess that would have been too much :lolz:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Got a good chuckle out of me. Was kind of hoping for the YES part too but I guess that would have been too much :lolz:
Most definitely if it had the yes part in it.That would have really put it over the top then far as story go's.Now if the damn game could just have a arcade mode finally.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I finally got this due to the 40% off weekend deal on Steam. I found that my trusty Madcatz SFIV stick that I use does not seem to work on it. Only my Xbox controller. Anyone else have this issue or is it just me? I have a hori ps3 stick to try yet too.

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
this the first im hearing of stick problems on the PC version. I was planning on picking up the deluxe this weekend. hopefully my cthulhu sticks wont be a problem