Street Fighter HD Remix Thread

2point0

NEST Puppet
Haven't played in a few days. PSN update the other night seemed to make online worse.

Sadly, I can't tell if lag is affecting play. It might be that my reactions are slow.

Is there some kind of etiquette as far as choosing the same character or choosing certain characters at all? I can't play any except the original 8 and I don't play any of them well.

I like Zangief since he does so much damage that I just have to get a few hits in to be competitive.

I also like most the remixed commands. Is there any of the hate that cvs2 EO had for the simplified commands?

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I made a room on psn just now, it's 10:54PM Eastern time, get on if you wanna play. Add me to your friend's lists. My id's in my sig.

Got to play against you this morning. As I said in my last message to you, sorry I was so cheap with my Ryu. Believe it or not, I was actually using a Dualshock 3 the entire time, BTW.

If anyone wants to add me as a friend on PSN, my screen name is vegetagallitgun. Just make sure that you say you're from the neo forums or something. Look forward to playing some more people on this site.

Jon

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Got to play against you this morning. As I said in my last message to you, sorry I was so cheap with my Ryu. Believe it or not, I was actually using a Dualshock 3 the entire time, BTW.

If anyone wants to add me as a friend on PSN, my screen name is vegetagallitgun. Just make sure that you say you're from the neo forums or something. Look forward to playing some more people on this site.

Jon

You slaughtered me over and over. I think there might have been a little lag though, because my dad was fucking around on his laptop downstairs. That's no excuse though, you were destroying me, I wanted to beat you just once before I got off, but, yeah that didn't happen.

AcidGlow

Kuroko's Training Dummy
There is no way I am enjoying this game on the 360s shitpad and crap-analog. I ain't putting out 100 bucks for an adapater just to play this game. Maybe I'll do it when SF4 comes out but not for a $15 game. I'd say, unless you already got an adapater / + a stick or a better pad, pass up on the 360 one and get the PS one.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
There is no way I am enjoying this game on the 360s shitpad and crap-analog. I ain't putting out 100 bucks for an adapater just to play this game. Maybe I'll do it when SF4 comes out but not for a $15 game. I'd say, unless you already got an adapater / + a stick or a better pad, pass up on the 360 one and get the PS one.

usb adaptors are $100 for xbox 360? You sure the cheap ones off ebay won't work (like the ones that let you play with a ps2 controller on your pc, for instance)?

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
usb adaptors are $100 for xbox 360? You sure the cheap ones off ebay won't work (like the ones that let you play with a ps2 controller on your pc, for instance)?

Yeah the only gamepad adapter for the 360 is around 80-100. Its one of those keyboard+mouse adapters that also lets you plug in a ps2 pad. But if I remember right you still need to plug in a wired 360 pad into the adapter to use it.
The cheap ps2 to PC ones will not work simply because MS uses some sort of hardware authentication for there USB controllers.
If you guys are handy with soldering you could do what I did and just buy a madcatz wired pad, take it apart, and solder all the leads to a stick. I have my HRAP2 and a DOA4 stick set up like this and it works great.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
I'm loving this game on XBL. I am playing with the Hori EX2 stick, and its working well for me. Not as crisp as I would like it, but it gets the job done. I've rocking Zang lately and I think I'm surprising the crap out of them. He was consider low tier in SSF2T, but I'm having pretty good success with him, even against the Ryu, Ken, and Akuma players. Vega does give me trouble, though.

I've been trying to get a win with Dee Jay and all I got was a 3-match losing streak. Any tips on using him?

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
I'm loving this game on XBL. I am playing with the Hori EX2 stick, and its working well for me. Not as crisp as I would like it, but it gets the job done. I've rocking Zang lately and I think I'm surprising the crap out of them. He was consider low tier in SSF2T, but I'm having pretty good success with him, even against the Ryu, Ken, and Akuma players. Vega does give me trouble, though.

I've been trying to get a win with Dee Jay and all I got was a 3-match losing streak. Any tips on using him?

No clue with Dee Jay. Hes supposed to be pretty good though. His slide has good priority and his charge/mash punch move can be deadly when you can get them in the corner.

Zangief vs. Vega I usually use his spin the instant Vega starts with the air throw BS. More often then not it will hit. But its rather hard to SPD a good Vega since he can recover so fast.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Got my win with Dee-Jay tonight. Actuall and easy win, 3-1 in rounds. I used the round house slide to great effect.

I suck with T-Hawk. I can't do shit with him. I get into a fireball trap, DP out of it (I don't remember what the move is called), get smacked by a DP and forced into the corner. I can't get close with T-Hawk at all.

I've also noticed a number of players will bitch you out if you fire ball trap 'em. I mixed it up a bit tonight with Sagat and Ryu, and I got number of complaints saying I was cheap, a fag, a "whatever." Fireball trapping is a legit strategy and if its working, you gotta press the advantage. At least there is no O. Sagat, that guy could fireball trap the crap out of you.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I suck with T-Hawk. I can't do shit with him. I get into a fireball trap, DP out of it (I don't remember what the move is called), get smacked by a DP and forced into the corner. I can't get close with T-Hawk at all.

You should not be losing fireball traps when you have your air dive. That shit comes out ridiculously fast. When you get close, it should be game over for them. Tick into stormhammer every time and you'll have some serious bitching happening on the other side.

I can't find my headset, so whenever they talk their voices comes through the tv. I had a guy call me a pink faggot when I beat him with T Hawk (complete in pink). I don't think I laughed that hard in a long time.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You should not be losing fireball traps when you have your air dive. That shit comes out ridiculously fast. When you get close, it should be game over for them. Tick into stormhammer every time and you'll have some serious bitching happening on the other side.

I can't find my headset, so whenever they talk their voices comes through the tv. I had a guy call me a pink faggot when I beat him with T Hawk (complete in pink). I don't think I laughed that hard in a long time.

holy shit. That's like what my friend and I would call each other if we used pink T Hawk back in the 90s.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
iam still waiting for the 360 hori stick to arrive.till then i continue to strugle with the standard pad...:(
great game anyway.but people are getting a bit to excited,i´ve been offend severall times now.lol

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member

Ah I was unaware the dive was invulnerable to fireballs. I'll have to try that out.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
iam still waiting for the 360 hori stick to arrive.till then i continue to strugle with the standard pad...:(
great game anyway.but people are getting a bit to excited,i´ve been offend severall times now.lol

I'll have to try and catch you online. I played it quite a bit yesterday and I love the game, but I'm also struggling with the d-pad. I'm honestly not doing too bad competition wise online. I'll be happy to play another d-pad user though.

I need to just get a stick for this. May as well in anticipation for SFIV anyways.

GT is subcons463 if anyone wants to add me BTW.

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
anyone wanna trade SF hd remix with me ?? .. i have puzzle fighter and tekken DR

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
I finally picked this up. I'm a scrub when it comes to the SF2 series of games, but I'm up for taking a few people on and learning a bit more. Man, T. Hawk is bastardly now. The improvements on his dives makes him very annoying and tough to get around.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
whats up with the quitters? i had a kid drop me 2nd round in the middle of a yoga grab during a score board match. doesn't he know that counts as a loss anyways?

lately i've found i've been having more fun doing quickmatches on the score board than i do with the friendly matches. link up, 1 match, back to the menu.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
I finally picked this up. I'm a scrub when it comes to the SF2 series of games, but I'm up for taking a few people on and learning a bit more. Man, T. Hawk is bastardly now. The improvements on his dives makes him very annoying and tough to get around.

Yea...he's fucking broken! :annoyed:

whats up with the quitters? i had a kid drop me 2nd round in the middle of a yoga grab during a score board match. doesn't he know that counts as a loss anyways?

Haha, were you doing that slide kick + hold loop?

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
T Hawk is a bastard, but Shoryuken beats Hawk dive, as long as you use the right one. If you don't get the right one, you can miss him and he can tear you up. I find that I've been doing a weak Shoryuken against his up dive, and I end up underneath him without hitting him.

Anyways. Gamertag is MFNPIMP for Xbox Live. Will be on tonight around 11pm central. I suck right now, so you can get some free wins.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
rofl... don't play any ranked matches right now unless you want your rating to go to 0 :annoyed: