Street Fighter HD Remix Thread

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
You know what's funny about everything?

The local arcade I used to go to got in one Super Turbo machine, and I was the only person that played it. It didn't take them more then a month to get rid of it in favor of another MK 3 machine.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah, I can't argue with that. You make several valid points. Thanks for the info on that, and thanks for actually adding to the conversation, rather than trying to come in here and start an argument or posting a one line 'you suck' type reply like some of the other children.

I've never been a pro SSF2T player. Love the game, just never really got good at it.
Is not an argument, we just want to see you get better on your own partner! Now thanks to BBH's biblical advice you have no excuse to suck, unlike before where you sucked just because, so practice up!

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Someone throw in some good Zangief information for me.

Started using him a bit and I like him.

But of course, I'm terrible.

That new Spinning Piledriver motion makes all the difference now though.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Weak punch is your best friend! Also the pile driver takes about the same health no matter wich button you press, so keep in mind that the weak punch doesn't make you jump back as far as the strongest one. The middle kick is a great standing poke for characters that want to keep you at mid range and the weak standing kick is a godsend for comboing throws all day long.

Keep in mind that you can get a sacrifice hit in order to land many of your throws specially the pile driver, Green Hand is also an extremely good weapon as it has some anti air properties if measured properly. Standing hard kick is your best anti air for taking damage, but the weak puch can aslo do the same and it lands the oponent near for more more throws.

When playing with Zangief always keep the pressure on the enemy, even from far you can put pressure, the lariat works great against high flying attacks like Vega's Barcelona and other high jumpers like BIson and Chunli. MIx in your green hand with powerbombs or pile drivers depending on proximity, also you can link the super with this, but you gotta time things right, so a little time in the training room for timing this could prove useful.

Another thing, don't get too greedy on the super, if you're about to win the match and want to get snazzy it could cost you the match as you have to risk being open for a bit in order to pull it of. Practice your weak up pile driver and atomic buster, it could save your ass plenty of times, and watchout for those who take advantage of your eagerness for proximity, they might use it against you by actually throwing you around.

Oh before I forget! When jumping over fireballs or any projectile use the strong puch rather than any other button as all the others don't leap as far as the punch en you'll get caught, that is if you must press a button while jumping of course. Body press is your friend against cornered opponents that want to combo low attacks to make way out of the corner.

Combo your grabs and you'll be feared.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
You forgot to mention that Zangief has the best crossup in the game (down+fierce), and just about any combo from that crossup with dizzy them. Even if they block, when you land you can crouch jab tick into piledriver every time.

In fact, any time you're close enough to tick them, you should always follow up with the spd.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
You're right, body press cross up is most defenately a dizzy nightmare...I knew I was forgetting shit, I honestly tried to cover everything I remembered at the time, but damn I forgot one very important deal there...well, I hope he gets it all!

Before I forget I wanted to add that footsies are a thing that Zangief will always win at, 'cause his pile driver has more reach than people think, specially when they want to poke you, the instant you see (usually a middle kick) a poke started you do your pile driver and you'll catch 'em. You might say that the pile driver can reach about the space of another body between you and the opponent, sometimes even more depending on the oponent.

Good footsies players like Fei long, Cammy and so on will try to keep you away with their quick medium reach attacks, you got to remember above all that Zangief can take a lot of heat, so as long as you don't loose your cool if you're trapped in a cross up or a frontal combo you wouldn't be doing what the opponent expect thus your retaliation will be swift and surprising.

Be weary of Dhalsim as you are trying to learn to play with Zangief he will cost you a bit of work to get near him, patience here pays in fold, as you can close in inch by inch until you make him make mistakes and then you go for the kill. Good Zangief players know that Dhalsim is not an issue, but for now know that you need to pay close attention to this type of match. Keeping the pressure is the key to victory for Zangief and it still doesn't change in this case, you just gotta learn how to keep the pressure from afar in order to close in.

I also noticed that I madea typo in this
Practice your weak up pile driver and atomic buster, it could save your ass plenty of times
I meant wake up, it makes a world of difference so sorry about that.

I'm sure I'm forgetting more stuff, but I'm sure you'll find you're own tricks as the game is so versatile is not even funny, that's why SSF2T is my favorite Capcom game ever, this HD remix game is just such a gift for me, in my opinion they couldn't have done any better.

payment_due

Arcade Trading Room Troll? Well its about damn t
Is there *ANY* way of removing the music from the menu system? When I'm trying to get into a game and they nearly all come up as "closed or full" that fucking rock-band version of the SF themesong is just blaring away. Then, when I get voice messages from other players I can barely hear the stuff. I tried lowering the volume but it lowers ALL of the volume. I dont want that, I just dont want music while I'm waiting for a game.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Is there *ANY* way of removing the music from the menu system? When I'm trying to get into a game and they nearly all come up as "closed or full" that fucking rock-band version of the SF themesong is just blaring away. Then, when I get voice messages from other players I can barely hear the stuff. I tried lowering the volume but it lowers ALL of the volume. I dont want that, I just dont want music while I'm waiting for a game.

It's actually the Ken theme. Just listen to voice msgs through your headset man.

BTW, this game has fucking destroyed sales records.

WORD.

payment_due

i rarely play with my headset on unless the game uses teamwork like FPS games. I'm still getting my butt ripped off on this game and there are some real crappy players, but then there are those insane Guiles or insane Zangiefs that just make getting beat up worthwhile.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
it seems like after the first few games i lose connection. makes me look like a dropper but im not. bullshit.

i was winning too. :crying:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
BTW, this game has fucking destroyed sales records.

WORD.

This is so awesome to hear. Makes me smile when I think of all the guys bashing it, talking about how shitty it looks and how broken the gameplay was in beta. As strange as it may sound, this game actually wet my appetite for SF4. I really can't wait to play that now. All this stuff makes me remember why I got so into the series back in the 3rd grade :buttrock:

payment_due

my guile is improving! I'm sure I'd be murdered by people here, but I'm really having fun playing 'Gwillie'. I've never really liked charge characters, but Guile is great. I mainly hate playing against chargers because 99% of people that do play them just sit there and wait while blocking/charging. I actually took down a couple of Akumas. No big thing for most, but fun for me.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
This is so awesome to hear. Makes me smile when I think of all the guys bashing it, talking about how shitty it looks and how broken the gameplay was in beta. As strange as it may sound, this game actually wet my appetite for SF4. I really can't wait to play that now. All this stuff makes me remember why I got so into the series back in the 3rd grade :buttrock:

Pretty much my exact same sentiments.

I used to live in the arcade near my middle school and played tons of ST and Alpha 2 every day. HD Remix is the one to bring me back. I've played nothing but this game for the past week or so. I wasn't even all that interested in SFIV before playing this. Now that I'm addicted to it and have read up more on SFIV finding it's catering more to the SF2 crowd, I'm anticipating it more than anything on the horizon at the moment. Can't come soon enough.

Hopefully the success of this release will push Capcom to do the same with one of the Alphas (I'd prefer SFA2 over SFA3 personally) and possibly 3S. I never really got the chance to get into 3S because I just had no one to play it with. Would be nice to revisit it and have some competition to learn against online.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,

I really, really missed the ball on this one. Of course, I think it was also a terrible idea for them to release individual elements of the art separately, since any one of them on their own didn't look very impressive at all. Once you see it all together, and know first hand that the gameplay is fully intact, its a totally different experience.

Of course, what's coming out now is that the game itself went through absolute dev hell, nearly getting cancelled a few times. Seems to me like its much like the story behind the first Star Wars film...the individual shots of things looked like shit separately, and Fox nearly killed it off a bunch of times...but once the final thing all came together, it was excellent.

This is a bowl of crow I was beyond happy to eat. Of course, there will be many enjoying the same dish when SF4 finally drops.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
This is a bowl of crow I was beyond happy to eat. Of course, there will be many enjoying the same dish when SF4 finally drops.

I'll eat it... then tell you if I think it's delicious or not.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Slightly off topic, but for you people who have played SF4, does it have multiple supers for each character like the Alpha games? Or do you pick one at the start like in 3S? Or maybe just a single one like ST?

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Slightly off topic, but for you people who have played SF4, does it have multiple supers for each character like the Alpha games? Or do you pick one at the start like in 3S? Or maybe just a single one like ST?

You have one super and one ultra if I recall correctly.

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
Well, I'm starting to figure out a bit more now with each character so that I'm not a total scrub. I've managed to work my way through arcade mode enough that I feel I'm not going to learn much more without getting online more often, so I figure I'll start hitting that up a good bit more now.

payment_due

I can't stand the arcade mode. It's so cheap. I prefer online.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
I can't stand the arcade mode. It's so cheap. I prefer online.

Dude, you whine about this game, a LOT. Do you have any idea how much 'cheaper' the AI in the original game was? It was fucking brutal. The new AI is a total winnable pushover by comparison.

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
is there a the lag issue diffrence between the ps3 and 360 version ?? i heard that the xbox version is better and have less lag
right now i get a kick off the online play room everytime after one or 2 match and there alot of lags especially with projectives:annoyed:

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Dude, you whine about this game, a LOT. Do you have any idea how much 'cheaper' the AI in the original game was? It was fucking brutal. The new AI is a total winnable pushover by comparison.

I was thinking the same thing. Original ST is fucking brutal. I believe they left the AI intact in classic mode if you feel like banging your head against a wall for an hour or so.
Thank god they adjusted the AI in remix mode. It actually makes going through on SP tolerable.

Last edited: