Strategy for the Galactica Phantom

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Dokan.

What are some good setups for this move? It's not easy to land, especially against someone who has been hit by it a few times already trying to block it.

I mostly use it after Ralf's other DM where he punches his opponent in the face like 20 times.

Are there any other good times to use it?

It's a cool move, and I'd like to incorporate it into my game.

I mostly play 97-99, so please give me some advice for those versions.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Syxx573 said:
I mostly use it after Ralf's other DM where he punches his opponent in the face like 20 times.

This is the most typical way of landing a Galactica Phantom, if you get the timing right, that is.

I wouldn't rely much on the standard Galactica Phantom, since the MAX version is a lot more effective and has many counter frames. The best would be to use it as some sort of counter move, when you see your opponent is about to perform a DM or a slow technique, like the Kaiser Wave or a Haoh Shokoken, you perform it. Ralf will get damage, but it is worth the risk, since a MAX Counter Galactica Phantom deals... 100% damage.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
You can cancel the last few frames of Ralf's non-SDM "other super" into GP; with good timing you can time it is VERY hard to escape it on wake up (the computer usually gets hit, I've been thrown out of it by the CPU only a few times and I think it was cause of bad timing). Basically on wake up it's right in their face and they can't do anything to stop it.

'Lord Yamazaki'

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Do, a CD canceled into a Galactica Phantom. However the A or C version you have to use varies on the game tho. Since the GP is faster on some kofs, and slower on others.

Still, the first times you use this strategy on a new "human" opponent he'll seriously be confused and most likely will get hit. I tell you this from personal experiences at the cades, where people really are just like wtf? and they get hit.

Do it out of the blue, and most brains won't have teh time to react hahaha. It sounds like it wont work much on text, but in the actual game it works, trust me.

Also, if you KNOW the opponent is getting ready to do a DM, SDM (the ones where the character will keep attacking even if blocked, example: Ryo's qcf hcb A/C, kim's qcb hcf B/D), as soon as they do it immediately dish out the SDM galactica phantom. You'll get a lil damage but they'll fucking die 100%, all the time. This one is hard to achieve, but if you can anticipate the opponent's attack, it'll work like a charm.

Laters. :cool:

David Fallows

Sieger's Squire
Lord Yamazaki said:
Also, if you KNOW the opponent is getting ready to do a DM, SDM (the ones where the character will keep attacking even if blocked, example: Ryo's qcf hcb A/C, kim's qcb hcf B/D), as soon as they do it immediately dish out the SDM galactica phantom. You'll get a lil damage but they'll fucking die 100%, all the time. This one is hard to achieve, but if you can anticipate the opponent's attack, it'll work like a charm.

Too true - I love using that.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Thanks guys.

I'm playing my friend tomorrow in 97 and I want to beat him. :)